Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Aug 31 2022, 10:21 PM

Default Hiring rejections then acceptance

I have noticed for a while now that when I send a job offer to someone in the marketplace .. they will examine (I think that is what they are doing) the job and then their status will turn yellow and sometimes I get a rejection notice... so I move on to another worker to hire and they accept and leave to go to the farms to work, then all of a sudden the person who rejected my offer takes the job and starts working those farms. I do not like to hire two people.. I only hire solo and most workers only want to be solo so it is not right when this bug happens.

What is causing it? I asked in the job market if anyone else was having that issue and only one other person answered. Is there a way to make sure a rejected offer stays rejected?
Old Aug 31 2022, 10:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillymc View Post
I have noticed for a while now that when I send a job offer to someone in the marketplace .. they will examine (I think that is what they are doing) the job and then their status will turn yellow and sometimes I get a rejection notice... so I move on to another worker to hire and they accept and leave to go to the farms to work, then all of a sudden the person who rejected my offer takes the job and starts working those farms. I do not like to hire two people.. I only hire solo and most workers only want to be solo so it is not right when this bug happens.

What is causing it? I asked in the job market if anyone else was having that issue and only one other person answered. Is there a way to make sure a rejected offer stays rejected?
Hi lillymc,
You did not get a rejection message if they were able to accept the job later. The name may have turned yellow but they did not reject it most likely because they did not see it. It is supposed to go away after they have been yellow for 30 seconds, but sometimes it doesn't get updated which still shows the hire request to them and allows them to accept the job. It is not supposed to stay that long, but is not always able to update what they see.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 06 2022, 06:45 PM

I just hired a neighbor, at his request, to fish on one farm. I set the parameters that he could only fish and checked farm one and said he could use my tools. He went to all my farms and fished. How does this happen if you specify which farm(s) the person hired can work??????
Old Sep 06 2022, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJones277 View Post
I just hired a neighbor, at his request, to fish on one farm. I set the parameters that he could only fish and checked farm one and said he could use my tools. He went to all my farms and fished. How does this happen if you specify which farm(s) the person hired can work??????
Hi NJones

Are you completely sure you put a check mark to one farm instead of clicking in All button?

Is this person only a neighbor or you have them set as super neighbor? If they are new players maybe they dont know how it works and asked you to hire them. If you have many superneighbors then maybe you didnt notice that.

If you are sure you only put a tick for one farm, then that person would be hired for only that farm.

If you wish you can report this to Support.
Old Sep 06 2022, 07:19 PM

Yes, I am absolutely sure I checked only one farm. I'm coming back off a 2 week vacation and am trying to get everything back in sync.

I don't have any super neighbors. I had one while I was gone, but have deleted them as SN and set all my farms to disallow SN.

This was a neighbor, probably a relatively new player.

We need an "unhire" button to stop someone who does this. This is probably the first time I've hired anyone to do anything. I'm very protective of my farms.
Old Sep 06 2022, 07:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJones277 View Post
Yes, I am absolutely sure I checked only one farm. I'm coming back off a 2 week vacation and am trying to get everything back in sync.

I don't have any super neighbors. I had one while I was gone, but have deleted them as SN and set all my farms to disallow SN.

This was a neighbor, probably a relatively new player.

We need an "unhire" button to stop someone who does this. This is probably the first time I've hired anyone to do anything. I'm very protective of my farms.
Hi NJones,
Please report this to Support if this is the case.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 08 2022, 03:31 PM

i guess this is right place to post. i hired someone to harvest trees and some other jobs but the game seems to skip pistachios when i use multi hire to hire them. happened twice this week.
Old Sep 08 2022, 03:42 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larwin View Post
i guess this is right place to post. i hired someone to harvest trees and some other jobs but the game seems to skip pistachios when i use multi hire to hire them. happened twice this week.
Hi Larwin,
Were other trees harvested with the same tool on that farm?

Were those ready at the same time as the rest on that farm? If they were ready and onther trees were harvested on that farm then it would not be the game that skipped them.
Old Sep 08 2022, 03:59 PM

i might have hired someone before they were ready and they were ready after but funny it happened twice unless both times players on purpose skipped harvesting them
Old Sep 08 2022, 04:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larwin View Post
i might have hired someone before they were ready and they were ready after but funny it happened twice unless both times players on purpose skipped harvesting them
Hi Larwin,
It the game is not goi8ng to skip one type of trees as long as they were ready. If they did n't come ready until after the rest had been harvested then the worker would not be able to do them.

Tags
bonus chest, hiring, hiring all farms, hiring issues, no bonus chest, no job bonus, show work info