Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old May 04 2013, 07:43 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!
Arrow Block Unblock - Ignore Unignore

BLOCK/IGNORE/REPORT
When should I use them and what for?

Blocking/Reporting will not end the job you hired someone to do in Farm Town!!

Please Read the Game Guide Chapter 07 - Blocking In Farm Town before posting in this thread.
There are several methods to block and unblock a farmer!

Make sure you know you are clicking on the CORRECT icon for why you want to block/ignore/report someone.
You are expected to use your common sense when someone may be disagreeing with you or may be being offensive.
Continuing to argue or retaliate in any way does not help to resolve things, very often all that does is escalates the problem and more users then get involved, offended and angry.

Reporting users for no valid reason can get the reporting user a ban.

These methods do not block a user in the forum.
If you know their username for the forum and wish to block them in the forum so that you don't see their posts, receive any messages or emails from them in the forum, please click on this link for instructions:
https://r1.slashkey.com/forum/faq.ph...l&titlesonly=0

Ignore and Block - Use this icon to block/ignore when you don't want to see someone in the game or see their chat or receive future messages.

Examples of reasons you may want to block or ignore rather than report:
  • someone's behaviour or chatting in the in the game may only be irritating, annoying or argumentative.

• if you don't like someone and prefer not to see them.

• someone you hired that may be picking and choosing what they want to work rather than completing the entire job request, so you prefer not to hire them again by mistake.

• if you you've hired someone on many occasions and they have not been able to complete your work and you're unable to find out what the problem may be, so you prefer not to hire them again by mistake.
    Remember there are always new farmers learning the game needing help, they may not know how to communicate with you or how to use the bigger tools or how to get them back if they dropped the tool by mistake. We all had to start from the beginning.

Someone may have a temporary internet issue or an emergency so could not finish or return to finish your work. This does not mean that they would normally do that.

Please try to consider those types of things before you decide to block or ignore someone.
    These annoying types of behaviour are NOT to be reported!

When you add someone to your blocked list you will not see them again until you remove the block.

Report Abuse and Block! ONLY use this when:
  • Someone is being abusive or sending abusive messages perhaps of a sexual nature
  • A farmer has an offensive farm design like one of a sexual nature.
  • A farmer has an offensive avatar name like one of a sexual nature.
  • Someone is advertising bots or auto clickers in game - NONE are provided by Slashkey!! These can slow down the game for everyone including those that do not use them, which is why there are limits in place and those limits can change at a moments notice depending on server load.
  • hacking or threatening to hack your Farm Town account.
  • other bad language or bad behaviour that does not come under irritating or annoying or argumentative.

Do NOT use Report for complaining about someone not completing work on farms!!

When you report someone make sure that you do it at the time the problem occurred. The report will include what was said or sent to you via messages and will show on their account.
    If it's abusive chat in one of the chat boxes at the markets or Inn, click on their avatar name in the chat box NEXT to the sentence that was offensive to report what they said at that time.

If it's an offensive message that has been sent via in game messaging you can use the report icon on the offending message report it. You need to do that before the message no longer shows up in your in game messages.

NEVER reply to any offensive messages. If you have not blocked them, they can use the message you sent to them, to reply back to you and the cycle will continue.

• By not responding, they can not use the message you may reply with to contact you again.
      If you block them then they can't any other methods to contact you again either.

• If they already have a message from you to use, do not reply to any subsequent messages! The message they are using to contact you will disappear from their in game messages as they get new messages that will replace the one that you sent.

• In the same respect, any messages that they have already sent to you before you blocked them, will be replaced by new messages that you get from other famers.

You only need to send ONE report!
    If other farmers are having the same problem with the same user, they must also report the offender themselves.

When you report someone they will be added to your blocked list you will not see or hear from them again until you remove the block.

How does someone know if they have a ban?
If someone has been reported they may receive a ban from using the chat and messaging features. This does not block them from playing the game.

These are examples of the messages they could see:

Bans may range from a session, a day or much much longer, depending on what the offense was.

You can post in this this thread if:
  • You have been blocked from using chat and in game messaging and you think it's a mistake.

• You have reason to think that the blocking and reporting methods may not be working.
To check that for you, we require your Farm Town User ID!

Your USER ID number is below the game screen when you load your game.

Scroll down the page past the yellow box under your farm screen and look for the long number just after
"Your USER ID number is: ....... "

This is an example of what it looks like, this users ID is 00000000 , YOUR number will be different and may be longer.

Your USER ID also shows at the very bottom of the Facility Wall Requests page and the Other Wall Requests page.

Moderators and Support unlikely to be in the game at the same time you are, or even in the same areas where the problems may be happening to be able to see it.

It is up to you to act accordingly when you see a problem and either block/ignore or report if necessary.

Last edited by Tiger; Aug 28 2023 at 03:41 PM.
Old Jul 25 2022, 01:57 AM

idk if this is the right thread but I am so angry right now.

Does the game plan on doing anything about the men who hit on anyone with a female avatar who ventures into the markets?

I've had three recently and I have done absolutely nothing to invite their messages and I do not want to be subjected to this while playing a farm game.

I've already taken to going offline before selling in the trade mkt. But it's not my behaviour that should have to change, it's theirs.

Maam you need to step aside or you might kill someone with those beautiful eyes

(gotta love the false politeness there)

HI Hun

How are you sweetie?

hi age please im m 43 single usa

Yes, I can ignore these men (and I have) but the messages are still there in my inbox and now every time I see I have a message I feel sick wondering if it's another unwanted solicitation.

I've reported every single one but there's not been any feedback on whether anything has been done or if anyone is even taking this problem seriously. The game needs to take a public stance on how this is not acceptable.
Old Jul 25 2022, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqrl View Post
idk if this is the right thread but I am so angry right now.

Does the game plan on doing anything about the men who hit on anyone with a female avatar who ventures into the markets?

I've had three recently and I have done absolutely nothing to invite their messages and I do not want to be subjected to this while playing a farm game.

I've already taken to going offline before selling in the trade mkt. But it's not my behaviour that should have to change, it's theirs.

Maam you need to step aside or you might kill someone with those beautiful eyes

(gotta love the false politeness there)

HI Hun

How are you sweetie?

hi age please im m 43 single usa

Yes, I can ignore these men (and I have) but the messages are still there in my inbox and now every time I see I have a message I feel sick wondering if it's another unwanted solicitation.

I've reported every single one but there's not been any feedback on whether anything has been done or if anyone is even taking this problem seriously. The game needs to take a public stance on how this is not acceptable.
Hi Sqrl,

I am sorry to hear you have been on the receiving end of unwanted bad behavior in game.

Although we can not give anyone specific details on criteria for an automatic ban there is one.
We don't give them out or list them so that users that do meet the criteria for automatic banning can not use that information to try to attempt to avoid that happening.

I am sorry but you will not receive any notice about whether a user has been banned or not or the length of the ban. That kind of information could also be tested in game and then used by those users to try to avoid what triggers an automatic ban.

The messages you have received will be automatically removed by newer messages from other farmers. You could speed that process up a little by asking different friends to send you a message in game, perhaps when they have helped you with working your facilities for example.

We can see that you have already made a request to have the messages automatically removed when you block or ignore a farmer.

Although Support and moderators Moderators are unlikely to be in the game at the same time you are, or even in the same areas where the problems may be happening to be able to see it, we can make attempts to do so if we are made aware of the problem and we will take appropriate action were needed.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Jul 25 2022, 02:39 PM

Thank you so much, Tiger. It's nice to know that action is being taken.
Old Oct 19 2022, 09:53 AM

Default Banning

Hello..

I've read the information you have on here about reporting people and them getting banned. I have a friend that was banned on one account and they had another account that they were using, as do many of other players. On the second account, they were farming and building up their farms and was at almost level 800. This person and I go into the inn, they aren't saying much at all, just watching for the most part, we leave and the next morning that account is banned! I could see it if they were acting up or being inappropriate in any way, but they were not. I know there was a mod in the room and probably checked to see who this person was since they were new to the inn, but how is it justified to ban someone who wasn't doing anything??? I know it was not done by mistake, it was done because some do not like this person, which everyone has a right to their opinion, but when you aren't doing anything or hardly saying anything, I don't see how it can be cause for a ban. It seems like some can get banned for just being in the wrong place and others seem to get away with everything and nothing happens to them. There needs to be some sort of proof that you have to provide when reporting people and not just on someone's word, or if there are more than one complaint about the same issue with a person.
The mute and ignore features are there for a reason, I'm not sure why there is all of this banning going on to begin with.

Thank you!
Robndiamond
Old Oct 19 2022, 10:00 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by robndiamond View Post
Hello..

I've read the information you have on here about reporting people and them getting banned. I have a friend that was banned on one account and they had another account that they were using, as do many of other players. On the second account, they were farming and building up their farms and was at almost level 800. This person and I go into the inn, they aren't saying much at all, just watching for the most part, we leave and the next morning that account is banned! I could see it if they were acting up or being inappropriate in any way, but they were not. I know there was a mod in the room and probably checked to see who this person was since they were new to the inn, but how is it justified to ban someone who wasn't doing anything??? I know it was not done by mistake, it was done because some do not like this person, which everyone has a right to their opinion, but when you aren't doing anything or hardly saying anything, I don't see how it can be cause for a ban. It seems like some can get banned for just being in the wrong place and others seem to get away with everything and nothing happens to them. There needs to be some sort of proof that you have to provide when reporting people and not just on someone's word, or if there are more than one complaint about the same issue with a person.
The mute and ignore features are there for a reason, I'm not sure why there is all of this banning going on to begin with.

Thank you!
Robndiamond
Hi Robindiamond,
The only thing that the game bans or blocks if they have been reported or we find they are using abusive or inappropriate language is their ability to chat with others.

If your friend has been banned from the game for a period of time it is because Facebook has done so. We have no control over that. I am sorry but there is nothing we can do to lift that banning, so they will jut have to wait it out until they can get back in.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 21 2022, 02:39 AM

Taz, thank you for replying...

This was an in-game ban not on FB..and I realize that you can still somewhat play the game and not chat, but what I was asking is how can someone be temp banned when they didn't do anything?
It's all confusing on how some get reported for a reason and nothing happens and others get banned for nothing.

Thank You..
Old Oct 21 2022, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robndiamond View Post
Taz, thank you for replying...

This was an in-game ban not on FB..and I realize that you can still somewhat play the game and not chat, but what I was asking is how can someone be temp banned when they didn't do anything?
It's all confusing on how some get reported for a reason and nothing happens and others get banned for nothing.

Thank You..
Hi robndiamond,

We are not going into any specifics about why anyone might have been temporarily banned. Your friend would not be prevented from contacting the support team if they are banned and think it's incorrect. They will need to contact them themselves.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Oct 30 2022, 04:36 PM
Account Not Linked

hi i agree with robin...a certain person was banned because he left his avatar in another language inn..he had company come..he didnt bother anyone...but yet he comes back to be banned...yes we know the mods..thats not even rocket science..but when they hunt you down to ban you, it becomes not fair at all...also, a lot have more then 1 farm...if 1 is not bothering anyone its not fair to ban them just because their other maybe banned...they might pla other games but not banned by face bok, just farm town...yes ive had a week ban for a name that wasnt bad...i with 4 others was called something so we changed our names to that...wam, certain mod was called by certain person, we 4 got banned... thats not right when you can see nasty names in there not banned....thanks for reading.. i stand with robin.. whats far should be far for all
Old Oct 30 2022, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripod View Post
hi i agree with robin...a certain person was banned because he left his avatar in another language inn..he had company come..he didnt bother anyone...but yet he comes back to be banned...yes we know the mods..thats not even rocket science..but when they hunt you down to ban you, it becomes not fair at all...also, a lot have more then 1 farm...if 1 is not bothering anyone its not fair to ban them just because their other maybe banned...they might pla other games but not banned by face bok, just farm town...yes ive had a week ban for a name that wasnt bad...i with 4 others was called something so we changed our names to that...wam, certain mod was called by certain person, we 4 got banned... thats not right when you can see nasty names in there not banned....thanks for reading.. i stand with robin.. whats far should be far for all
Hi tripod

If you or any other farmer thinks there is something wrong when banning then you should contact Support and let them know your concern.

Tags
block, blocking people, can't send message, ignore, messages, report, unblock, unwanted messages