Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 24 2016, 10:55 AM
Account Not Linked

I'm not seeing this mentioned in the first post. When I clicked on Prepare Ship, a pop-up said the ship uses fuel. This makes sense, of course, but I don't see anywhere how much fuel is used. Does anyone know? Or will I learn that when I dispatch the ship? Thanks.

EDIT: I found out when I dispatched my ship. It cost me 600 fuel to send one container. I have the pink ship.

Last edited by Dulcinea; Dec 24 2016 at 01:12 PM.
Old Dec 24 2016, 10:59 AM

I've seen a couple of my neighbors post that they won't dispatch or work ships. Perhaps keep people out of the ship working loop if they don't own a ship? Maybe if you don't own a ship the port is grayed out like the tools you don't own so a neighbors ship won't get sent there.

Last edited by Dr. Dirt; Dec 24 2016 at 11:07 AM.
Old Dec 24 2016, 11:33 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Same problem as last night. Came to the game, had a 1 showing so went to port manager and opened it. No ship there and was told that in script. Now the 1 is gone on bar and I have no way of knowing who the ship belonged to. This happened also last night but I had received a message from ship owner and contacted the person and found that the ship had moved to the next port even though I had not saw the actual ship or clicked on it. This morning when I first got on I had 7 ships in my port. Each of these had 10 containers because I had to click each ship 10 times before it disappeared. What was strange there was 4 of them had the same name and avator.
Old Dec 24 2016, 11:49 AM

I do not think the developers should do anything at this time, except maybe add the option to op out of ships. As far as ships being stuck at ports for several hours maybe that person will do ships but is at work, or sleeping, or maybe much hated house work. I know for myself if a ship lands in my port while at work it is going to sit there 7, 10, 11 hours before I get home to deal with it depending on what shift I am working. Maybe after the holidays and people are back to a normal routine the ships will move faster. Personally I would like to see the ships be like the trains and just move around on there own for 7 days and come back loaded with goods, but I know that will not happen.

Farming since April 26 2009
Old Dec 24 2016, 12:18 PM

Default needs to be an opt out for active players who do not want to do the ships yards

There really does need to be an opt out for players who do not want to bother with the ship yards,,, also for those who know they will not be on for several days/weeks due to vacation or illness etc....

Last edited by marymarcel; Dec 24 2016 at 12:34 PM. Reason: question removed as it was answered in other thread
Old Dec 24 2016, 12:20 PM

i think a good work around would be to not have to do the 30 in sequential order that way its doesnt get hung up and the person sending the ship wont get hurt by a player who doesnt want to bother with the ship yards
Old Dec 24 2016, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNelson View Post
i think a good work around would be to not have to do the 30 in sequential order that way its doesnt get hung up and the person sending the ship wont get hurt by a player who doesnt want to bother with the ship yards
That's an interesting idea but I'm not sure it would work. For example, if I have 100 neighbors and 50 of them have 7 ships out, I'd come to Farmtown each morning and have 350 ships to send along. I like the idea, just not sure I'm up to all that clicking.

Ships need to be an "opt in" thing. Buying a ship automatically opts you in. If you never buy a ship, you're never added to the potential ports list. Once you're opted in, we need a toggle, i.e., opt out if you're going to be out of town for awhile - opt back in once you're home and want to resume playing. Those that decide they don't like ships could just never opt back in. Having ships as a reversible opt-in/opt-out feature, plus limiting the neighbor choices to those who are already working your farms MIGHT be enough. We could play with it for awhile and see.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Dec 24 2016, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmecookin View Post
I have the ships which I love. Its been stuck now 12 hours on the first person. She is on holiday and wont be back til the 10th. Mine will return without any goods. We need to be able to pick who we send them to
I also think we should be able to send the ships to whom we want in the order we prefer, that way we know we will be getting some goods. We select who we want to send to advance our trains, why not do something similar with respect to the cargo ships.
Old Dec 24 2016, 01:00 PM

They are going to have to give a option somehow for the ones that are not going to do the ships. My 2nd ship just landed in port #2 and until I sent them a message was not doing to do the ships so she was not going to send the ship on. Let us choose our neighbors who are going to do the ships and help send ours along instead of holding it up. Also give a option to move a ship along after it sits in a port for a certain amount of time.

I know this is the holidays but there is still going to be these types of problems during the year. Some people might start playing then say heck with it and they are still in the loop and hold up the movement of the ships. Then your port #1 goes on a week vacation and after say 24 hrs you could bypass that port and let your ship move on instead of coming back empty.
Old Dec 24 2016, 01:01 PM
Account Not Linked

My blue ship still hasn't advanced. Maybe players should have the option of doing the ships or not doing them.So everyone knows they will be among those that will send their ships on. The way it is now,can cause hard feeling to brew with some. Not me!!
Closed Thread