Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 23 2016, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlgray View Post
And add to that the possibility that a neighbor takes a break from FT for a few days for one reason or another (they go on vacation, their computer is in the shop, etc.). I will not nag my neighbors, nor will I be happy if neighbor nagging becomes a regular part of FT.
I agree, my first neighbor port just happened to be someone who announced yesterday he wouldn't be on much until after Christmas. Just my luck. lol I would rather have the option to move my ship forward than have to nag neighbors.
Old Dec 23 2016, 04:12 PM

My ship is docked at the neighbor that plays the least. The second stop is at the same neighbor's second farm that plays even less often than the first farm. The ship is slated to dock at the farms that play the most often on days after her. I have a feeling my ship will be there for 7 days. I thought they were docking at the farms that are the most active in the first few days...very confusing.
Old Dec 23 2016, 05:18 PM

There are 168 hours in 7 days. Divide that by 30 neighbors you get 5.6 hours. A ship should automatically move on to the next port after 6 hours of no help. Even better let me pick who the ship goes to like the trains. I know who is and isn't likely to help at any given time. The system as it is now has a lot of potential problems. I don't want to spend a lot of time preparing ships only to get a poor return due to things I have no control of. Just a few thoughts.
Old Dec 23 2016, 05:21 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Has anyone actually got (or had) a ship in port? I have been checking regularly but nothing has come in.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 23 2016, 05:25 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooNoo View Post
Has anyone actually got (or had) a ship in port? I have been checking regularly but nothing has come in.
I have had 2 dock on my farm, loaded and sent them on their way.. my own ship is docked on a neighbor farm and so far has been there over 7 hours..

Visit 's Farm

Old Dec 23 2016, 05:27 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Dirt View Post
There are 168 hours in 7 days. Divide that by 30 neighbors you get 5.6 hours. A ship should automatically move on to the next port after 6 hours of no help. Even better let me pick who the ship goes to like the trains. I know who is and isn't likely to help at any given time. The system as it is now has a lot of potential problems. I don't want to spend a lot of time preparing ships only to get a poor return due to things I have no control of. Just a few thoughts.
I AGREE.. let us decide.. I am so disappointed at the moment... lack of sleep may have something to do with it also....

Visit 's Farm

Old Dec 23 2016, 05:46 PM

I'm agreeing with not liking the way the ships advance. Even though I didn't know the neighbor who has my #1 spot, I saw that she was on her farm so I decided to be a sport and send her a message and ask her if she'd mind advancing my ship. Not harassing at all - I thought I phrased it really nicely - like trying to make a new friend. But that was a couple of hours ago - she's no longer on her farm - and my ship was untouched. It feels doubly bad to have called her attention to it and have my message ignored. However, in her defense, I don't know her so I'm sure she doesn't know me so maybe it felt bad to her to have gotten a message from someone she doesn't even know. Maybe she's not a Forum junkie like I am so she may not have any idea that we even HAVE ships. I'm afraid I'm agreeing with the others - the process needs tweaking or I think there will be more hard feelings than good.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Dec 23 2016, 05:51 PM

As with anything new I know there are going to be people that are not happy and some things need to be adjusted. I see how it was set up and that was to make it harder as the ship moves on to gather products. The thing not fair about that is that the person sending the ship out to gather products has spent several hours loading the containers with no guarantee that it will even make it past the first port because the neighbor is either sick on vacation or says HEY I am not going to do the ship thing at all.

There needs to be a way that the one sending the ship out can bypass that port at some point, after a set number of hours. Then they can have the choice to send the ship on to the next port and not collect from the port they are leaving or they can stay and see if the neighbor will finally send the ship on and collect the goods from that port.

There are going to be alot of unhappy folks on both sides the way it is set up right now. The ones that are going to do the ships are going to unfriend people that are not going to do the ships(it is already happening) and the ones that do not want to do the ships are going to get hurt from losing friends and neighbors.

Just my 2 cents.
Old Dec 23 2016, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdnelso View Post
what and when do the neighbors boosting the ships get?
The satisfying feeling that you have done your part in the community to help out a neighbor to get his Ship sailing again .
Old Dec 23 2016, 05:59 PM

I have a possible bug with the new ships. I got a message that there was a ship a my port from one of the neighbors and the toolbar showed a number one. I opened the seaport manger and there was no ship at my port, this is the second time that I have seen a number in the seaport manger with no ships there. I cleared my cache and reopened my farm but it did not help.
Closed Thread