Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 26 2009, 07:49 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggator76e View Post
I've done a lot of harvesting ,plowing & planting on farmtown.I have more than 2 mil ex points,$50 mil in coins.Having said that,this game still isn't as fun as it was before the HORRIBLE changes.
Just to make sure the message gets across:

horrible = extremely unpleasant; deplorable; disgusting (from dictionary dot com)

Synonyms:
1. terrible, awful, appalling, frightful; hideous, grim, ghastly, shocking, revolting, repulsive, horrid, horrendous, horrifying, repellent.

Antonyms:
1. attractive.

Quote:
PLEASE get rid of those ****ed oversized seed bags & that oversized harvester. They really are VERY clumsy features that slow the planting & harvesting process!
These are nice enhancements for the players having eyesight problems. These huge tools should be an option to help those that have problems even when wearing eyeglasses. There is no need to force them on everyone!

Quote:
The only thing that helps make plow still fun, is if you're hired twice,only the arrow appears thus eliminating that clumsy square which makes plow faster & easier.
This should be an option as well;
the player should be able to decide if he wants the square when plowing, or not.

Old Dec 26 2009, 07:54 AM

Capricorn 1 wrote:

"If the huge tools are meant to help those having poor eyesight, offer them as an option to those that need them."

Not being snarky here, but how does the size of the tools slow anyone down or obscure vision? I see an arrow pointing to the area being planted, or a highlighted field when harvesting. It's not as though we have to actually lift them........ so why so many complaints about the size?

I really would like to understand why it's being brought up so often.
Thanks in advance.

PS I do not have any vision issues.
Old Dec 26 2009, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccalby View Post
I can queue, can anyone else

BTW thanks raul for the update,
Edit: I love this update but I am having more collisions than ever, When I work for someone, who hired 3 people for 100 plots, I am clicking in a pattern and when my farmer goes to the to collect my cash, it says already done, this is causing me to lose even more money than before. They farmers, get to the plots before my farmer can get his cash, please just roll it back to its old plowing state Here is a pic
So as you can see, she is plowing OVER my queued plowing spots.
I am having exactly the same problem. i worked out the solution - dont work with anyone else. hope the next update is better than this. I have never lost coin and XP before but now as soon as someone goes over my queued work I miss out. just because i am faster . it seems that all the whingers have won the day. i still work but I am going to leave any farm with other hired help
Old Dec 26 2009, 08:06 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default slowness of points

I, too, am very frustrated and ready to stop working on other farms. If I wait for my points I can only harvest/plow 1/4 the field compared to others. My computer is new with plenty of RAM, my cache is empty, my connection is speedy. Us "slowpokes" are being forced out of the game through no fault of our own. It is something on the server/update side of things. I'm on mainframe WF53. Thank you.
Old Dec 26 2009, 08:34 AM
Account Not Linked

Default Fun already gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooknight View Post
All I can say is WOW when it comes to this new release. Talk about a step BACKWARDS!
My New Years resolution was to find a way to slow down on my time in Farm Town or maybe to stop all together... Thanks team for giving me my resolution early.
I have been interpreting
"Already Done"
as
"Fun Already Gone"

I guess that you are interpreting
"Already Done"
as
"This Farmer Already Done" with this ****

I kind of like your New Years resolution.

Old Dec 26 2009, 08:34 AM

I am very disappointed with this new upgrade. Harvesting and plowing has become a pain once again. The avatar having to be on top of the square all the time makes it impossible to do the job efficiently. The large seed bag is a pain and is too large. It obscures the work you are trying to do. I have also had issues plowing on a friends farm and had to do it twice this morning to make it work. Please put the game back to the way it was prior to this upgrade and let us farm like it was. This upgrade has extremely slowed the game down and you have gone backwards instead of ahead!
Old Dec 26 2009, 08:51 AM

Default New Upgrades

Totally agree, I am finding it very frustrating, and is putting me off going to farmtown!!

Also what is it with the BIG sickle thing!! We are NOT blind!!!

Please sort it out...

Also finding that when hired, I tend to zoom out to harvest / plow..then others come on to harvest/plow, and everything I click on, shows already done...I just leave the farm as cannot be hassled with it all...becoming a total nightmare to enjoy the game...and I just leave it completely...

Please sort it out!!

IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT!!!!
Old Dec 26 2009, 08:56 AM
Account Not Linked

I am unable to do anything with a patch of snow. I can't move it, delete it, store it or sell it. It just sits there in the middle of where I wish to do some rearranging.
Old Dec 26 2009, 08:57 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizbet View Post
Capricorn 1 wrote:

"If the huge tools are meant to help those having poor eyesight, offer them as an option to those that need them."

Not being snarky here, but how does the size of the tools slow anyone down or obscure vision? I see an arrow pointing to the area being planted, or a highlighted field when harvesting. It's not as though we have to actually lift them........ so why so many complaints about the size?

I really would like to understand why it's being brought up so often.
Thanks in advance.

PS I do not have any vision issues.
Lizbet,
this is a game;
it is meant to provide fun;
the interface is supposed to be pleasing to the eyes and enhancing the gaming experience.

My asking for the option regarding tool size is in fact requesting that players can adjust the tool to their pleasure;
it is asking that more people enjoy the game.

Now, it is really difficult to explain to you why I don't like the huge size of the harvester - seeding tools, especially if you don't think that there is a problem. It is similar to my having a different preference for the color of my shirt or my tie, or preferring my steak medium done vs rare.

I don't have any problem if people want 5 ice cubes in their drink as long as they don't mind my preference for 2.

Take care.

Old Dec 26 2009, 09:42 AM

Default question

It says my farm is linked but it appears not. I am on server WF25.

I am having constant problems, I have made numerous post. Up until the changes of Dec 22 I had never had problems with the game and played so much it was a joke in my family about me being addicted. I now cant play, it is almost impossible to do anything except be on my own farm... and that is no fun.

My question is, with all the pages of problems being reported here and in the thread under help, is anything being done? Are we being heard? Or are we just wasting time waiting? Should I just call it a day and move on to find another game to play? I really love this game and dont want to quit but at this point all i can do is work my farm.....

Please give us a status update, is anything being done?
Closed Thread