Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Nov 08 2017, 10:24 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by knolan View Post
Why is there suddenly a problem with people layering their farms? I have layered my crops since 2009/10. What did FarmTown do to the tools that changed the number of crops I've been planting/harvesting/plowing?
I have been putting the number of crops for each farm so I know how many I have. Suddenly, since the last update, the number of my crops has completely been reduced by 75%...
Hi knolan,
To the best of my knowledge nothing has been changed with the tools. Since creating layering is not supported by the developers and can eventually cause problems then you are on your own about this as we are not allowed to help with any instructions.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Nov 08 2017, 10:33 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi knolan,
To the best of my knowledge nothing has been changed with the tools. Since creating layering is not supported by the developers and can eventually cause problems then you are on your own about this as we are not allowed to help with any instructions.
Regardless of whether or not the company supports layering, that's the way most of us have been playing since your game first began. You can't get any more loyal than me & the others that have spent thousands of dollars & millions of hours on the game. It's not just a coincidence that so many people are having the same problem at the same time.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Nov 08 2017, 10:37 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Regardless of whether or not the company supports layering, that's the way most of us have been playing since your game first began. You can't get any more loyal than me & the others that have spent thousands of dollars & millions of hours on the game. It's not just a coincidence that so many people are having the same problem at the same time.
Hi knolan,
You can believe what you want, but the developers have not changed anything with the tools. The problem with layering is it eventually causes problems such as missing plots, trees or flowers. I am sorry, but there is nothing we can do to help with this.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Nov 08 2017, 10:39 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Why is there suddenly a problem with people layering their farms? I have layered my crops since 2009/10. What did FarmTown do to the tools that changed the number of crops I've been planting/harvesting/plowing?
I have been putting the number of crops for each farm so I know how many I have. Suddenly, since the last update, the number of my crops has completely been reduced by 75%...
You have copied & pasted the same message with others, which indicates to me that you have anticipated this happening. I would recommend that whatever the developers have done to create this problem, should reverse it, so that we can all continue playing as we have done, without a loss. A company can't maintain a high level of player spending all of the time. So, if they were trying to find a way for a player to cut back on something in order to increase buying, this is not the way to do it.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Nov 08 2017, 10:41 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
You have copied & pasted the same message with others, which indicates to me that you have anticipated this happening. I would recommend that whatever the developers have done to create this problem, should reverse it, so that we can all continue playing as we have done, without a loss. A company can't maintain a high level of player spending all of the time. So, if they were trying to find a way for a player to cut back on something in order to increase buying, this is not the way to do it.
Hi knolan,
We copy and paste the same message to others because that is the fix when they have a problem. I am moving all of these posts to the General Feedback as you do not seem to havea specific issue.
Old May 17 2018, 07:40 PM

I have been playing FT almost since the beginning. Since layering seems so be ok for us to do now, considering there are tools to help layer. I was a good soldier and never layered because I thought it was not a fair thing to do. Now I would like to know how since those that do have a leg up on the games. Is there someplace I can find out how to layer or stack?
Old May 17 2018, 07:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lndknyn View Post
I have been playing FT almost since the beginning. Since layering seems so be ok for us to do now, considering there are tools to help layer. I was a good soldier and never layered because I thought it was not a fair thing to do. Now I would like to know how since those that do have a leg up on the games. Is there someplace I can find out how to layer or stack?
Hi lndknyn,
I am sorry, but even though layering has been let to go on the developers still do not support setting it up and will not allow instructions for layering to be given in the forums. They have provided tools only for working layered fields and not for setting them up.
Old May 18 2018, 02:18 PM

Ok, Taz, I got the message but hardly seems fair to me. Those who do it illegally get tools to help them do it illegally?
Old May 18 2018, 02:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lndknyn View Post
Ok, Taz, I got the message but hardly seems fair to me. Those who do it illegally get tools to help them do it illegally?
Hi lndknyn,
Check the Extent tools. There are seeders, harvesters and the combines for working the staggered fields to help those who do the harvesting replowing and seeding. There are no plows for the extent tools that will set it up. These tools were released mainly for those who get hired to do all those layered farms.
Those who set up their farms in staggered fields do not get any tools to help them do this.
Old Jan 13 2019, 04:54 PM

Despite all the tips and tricks, I find that harvesting a layered farm is only easier if the layered crops are not all ready at the same time. Otherwise, with my trembling hands and bad eyes, it takes forever even on full screen. I would just appreciate being asked if I will do layered fields before being hired. The answer will be no, I do not.