Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 22 2009, 08:54 PM
Account Not Linked

Default harvest plow update sucks!

because now my mini me has to be right there it takes twice the time to plow or harvest when working on someones farm, it is not faster, who cares if it takes your mini me to catch up. There was really nothing wrong with the way it was before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I use to like this game, thinking about quitting, not only the new stupid plow/harvest issue, lets talk about the ridiculous price of upgrade on farm, 3,000,000, how stupid. Do you not want people to upgrade and have more farms and play more or are you just at the point you could care less. The prices on most of the things on here are too high. THIS IS SUPPOSE TO BE FUN, ITS A GAME NOT REAL LIFE. MAKE THINGS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 22 2009, 08:54 PM

Thumbs down 70% less issues?

Well, true - there may be 70% less issues - mostly becuase the people who were losing their XP's and Coins were leaving the fields before their avatar finished counting up...hmmmm...sounds like that was user issues rather than code issues. So now, to fix something that wasn't really broken, they've hobbled the majority of users out there. I would say that they fixed something that wasn't broken - cause the users having the original issues are still out there...
Old Dec 22 2009, 08:55 PM
Account Not Linked

Ok..I thought..Hmmm maybe this "will" be better, so I went and got hired (alone) to harvest and plow...When I was completly done I looked up and had not earned even 1 coin or XP point!!..So my point is; You tried to fix loosing coins and XP by slowing down the process but it obviously didn't work....PLEASE GO BACK TO THE OLD WAY!! PLEASE!..

I don't care about the coins or the XP..I just love the creativity and meeting and chatting with folks from all over the world..

I do like the suggestion made by others when they recommend that any person hiring people can only hire for example; 2 people to work the farm..Maybe one to harvest and one to plow?? That way it would eliminate the "running over others" problems.

PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK..PLEEEASE!
Account Not Linked

Way too slow...if this change is kept, I will not be farming for others. It was pure torture plowing a small plot. I was embarrassed at how long it was taking me. Don't like the new change at all. I would rather loose pts and monies than have it drag out like it is now!

Please, please, please change it back the way it was....! People are not so patient this way...very frustrating!!! Please....this is way too slow...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler45 View Post
i like you
Originally Posted by MojoRuss
LOL, a free game in Beta and I have never seen so many crybabies whining. Raul explained why the change was made. Deal with it. If you want to quit, then quit. Farmtown is still head and shoulders above any other app on Facebook.

As much as it is a free game, not everyone on here is a crybaby....when you spend as much time on here as I DO....I don't want to spend EVEN more time because greedy jerks wanna ruin a FUN AND RELAXING game!! I think that everyone has a right to their opinion as you do...apparently you have triple time to spend on farmtown working your way up on coins and xp to get things you want or to move forward. I have been playing this game for several months have really worked hard and never stepped on someone else to get where I am. I enjoy Farmtown because it is a great app....I think it sucks that I now have to spend anywhere from an hour or two on one persons farm, then it taking me on average 10-20 min harvesting and plowing. So if that makes me a crybaby then so be it! It took me at least 45-60mmin to harvest and plow my aunts farm and well it just plain sucked. How can I lvl up or get coins when I will be too tired to go anywhere else and do it. I think its very unfair! Good Luck to you leveling up or getting coins, its gonna take FOREVER!!!
Old Dec 22 2009, 08:58 PM

Well, I've just harvested and plowed a field. Harvest not too bad but the plow was painful...gave me a headache...had to click some squares 3 times before it would complete. So, I have gone from awful, to harvest is better than before, to awful again!!! The concentration is too much for something that is to be a relaxing pastime

Smile No problems

I just tried the new harvesting and found that, with the exception of having to walk to the first field in a section, that it is almost as fast as before. I don't understand why everyone is so unhappy with it. I worked a neighbors farm and harvested and plowed from the marketplace without any problem at all. It took a little time to get to that first field but, after that, everything went very smoothly. Thanks guys.

Send a message via ICQ to kmanley57

I have to say that I now have more trouble with people being dropped or leaving than before the 'fix', and I had the one or two people that I have working on my farm lose coins and points before. So the 'collision' theory does not cover my occurrences. I do click faster that the network can transmit, so the change for me is BAD! Plus the pause slows things way too much, thus losing a fair amount of the fun of the game.
Account Not Linked

I have just read a lot of posts about how much everyone dislikes/hates the changes made. I have to agree, it is slower and is not a good implementation of code.

I make that statement with 33 years of programming and design background at all levels.

With that said, I believe the developer team and designers had the right notion but perhaps not the correct solution.

I harvest and plow for friends and buddies, as well as via the MP. Not sure I will be using the MP until this implementation is rolled back, corrected or enhanced.

I play FT for the design of my farms and the challenge of making the levels so I can see what items I can purchase via coin or real dollars. Yes, I have used paypal for green dollars, so I can get that special something I have to have for the farm.

I will give this update a day or so, then see how I feel about going on to the next levels.

Currently I'm a level 53, not sure when I will make 54 if I have to do all my own harvesting and plowing with my FT machines.

D.

If I had a vote, I would vote this change out.
Closed Thread