Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jan 02 2017, 09:13 AM

When i was doing ships I had one person send me a message after the ship it my port for about 10 minutes. I told the person if they could not wait 10 minutes then ships in ft were not for them.

Farming since April 26 2009
Old Jan 02 2017, 10:27 AM

Default not lovin the time it takes to get them fully loaded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
Ladydiva, I'm loving the ships but I definitely understand what you're saying about the unfriendly feelings. I've been pretty much glued to my computer because for about a week I was staying with a friend who was hospitalized so I had nothing to do but FT. However, I'm home now and last night went to a party - gone maybe 5 hours. I dispatched all neighbor ships before I left for the party and as soon as I got back to my car, I pulled out my phone, opened Puffin and dispatched new ones that had come in (about 7 of them). However, during that time, I had received two messages from a neighbor - asking me to move his ship. He sent the messages an hour apart and had eventually decided to skip me. NOW . . . here's the deal . . . my first reaction was to feel all defensive - hurt and huffy because I've been SUCH a good neighbor, yada yada. But then I (being a psychologist so I think weird like this) thought, "WAIT a minute. Yes I AM being a good neighbor! How many people would grab their phone and load ships on Puffin before driving the hour home just to get to neighbor ships faster? Anyone who has a problem with me can skip me or unfriend me or whatever they want to do, but I'm being a good neighbor and I'm loving the ships - so don't let this one guy ruin in for you."

Ironically, one of the things I've been asking for is a way where we can notify people if our ships are stuck. But when I got notified, I didn't like it. And the guy was as NICE as could be. No complaints at all about how he phrased it. Even taught me how to do ships if I wasn't doing them. So . . . again, the psychologist in me . . . realized that it had been all my own stuff that got me upset. Once I figured that out, I wasn't upset anymore and am back to loving the ships.
Farmer Susan, like I said I have a life outside of farm town. I am not loving the ships because of the time involved. I can't and won't spend the time required at the computer. I also don't like the negativity they have stirred up. I've been playing the game since 2009 and have never seen people so riled up over a game. The reward isn"t justified by the time spent.
Old Jan 02 2017, 12:49 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
However, during that time, I had received two messages from a neighbor - asking me to move his ship. He sent the messages an hour apart and had eventually decided to skip me.
Maybe time was running out on that ship, so he pushed it through the rest of its itinerary as fast as he could.
Old Jan 02 2017, 12:54 PM

Hi Ya'll,
I am completely confused. I bought my first ship without reading all the details. I don't have any idea where it went but I'll find it.
Is there a thread that explains it all in detail, like do I need large Bodies of Water and if I do, where do I get it?
Do I need a Port? Where do I get that?
Do I need the Freight Containers and where do I get those? Are they interchangeable with the Trains?
If you could just point me in the direction of specific details, that would be wonderful!
Thank You,
Sheera
Old Jan 02 2017, 12:59 PM

You buy the ship in the store under trains/ships
Next you put it on your farm it can go anyplace that is free of anything, just bare grass.
next you open it and click prepare ship
next you start to prepare containers one at a time, have to be done in 24 hours or you start over also dont have to do all 10 containers
next you launch the ship and wait for it to come back
once it is back you unload it and start the process over again
you move ships on by going to the sea port manager and click on a ship til it is full.

Farming since April 26 2009
Old Jan 02 2017, 01:15 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheera View Post
Hi Ya'll,
I am completely confused. I bought my first ship without reading all the details. I don't have any idea where it went but I'll find it.
Is there a thread that explains it all in detail, like do I need large Bodies of Water and if I do, where do I get it?
Do I need a Port? Where do I get that?
Do I need the Freight Containers and where do I get those? Are they interchangeable with the Trains?
If you could just point me in the direction of specific details, that would be wonderful!
Thank You,
Sheera
Hi Sheera,

Adding to what Tom has said. We have the ships explained in the Game Guide. Here's the link for that >>
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626622

You place the ship anywhere on your farm. If you wanted to place them on top of waters that can be fished you will need to use the green hand for that after you have initially placed it.

The ports are not physical, in the sense that you need to buy and place one. You just need to check your seaport manager for any ships that come to you.

The ships are not connected to the trains, they just can bring you the same products that the trains do, it's just they are more labour intensive to do as they only cost coins and you are not guaranteed to get the same as what the trains bring. How much they bring will depend on how many ports your ship goes to and how much was loaded at each port.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Jan 02 2017, 05:08 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Oooooh . . . so sorry to hear this! I know you and I both were so excited about them to begin with. Mine are running smoothly now - even though we can't replace people on our itineraries yet. When we can do that, they'll be even better. What has you so frustrated? I think the only thing I don't like at this point is having to wait 24 hours to load a new one.
Susan, the whole experience frustrated me... the last couple of ships I had out, sat in ports for days...time was running out so there was no way those ships would return with a half way decent load on board.. so I skipped my way through all the remaining ports..the final ports were done in record time.. all ships are now in storage.. I had the best nights sleep since they came out!! perhaps once we can pick who they are sent to I might be tempted again, but have taken note of all those who held my ships hostage so won't be sending to them at all.. life is so much better with out frustration,
Old Jan 02 2017, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
life is so much better with out frustration,
Definitely agree with that! I was frustrated at first but mine are running pretty smoothly now and I've only had to skip at most 2 people on any one ship. One of my ships actually got through all 30 ports with no skips. Very exciting! Of course . . . I get excited by very small things at times . . . but still, I'm enjoying them.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Jan 03 2017, 02:51 PM

Heck with telling me when the ships come in. I just want to know when ships are at my port so I can help them get on their way. Someone said they show up on her farm. Where on the farm? This seems to be the one flaw with the game. I love Farm Town but cannot be on 24/7
Old Jan 03 2017, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Definitely agree with that! I was frustrated at first but mine are running pretty smoothly now and I've only had to skip at most 2 people on any one ship. One of my ships actually got through all 30 ports with no skips. Very exciting! Of course . . . I get excited by very small things at times . . . but still, I'm enjoying them.
30 Ports with no skips!
Who do you know that I do not know?