Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Feb 09 2009, 10:10 PM
Developer

Arrow Change Farm Name, Forum Name, Avatar Name/Gender/Appearance

The Profile section of the Account tab - replaces the Preferences section seen in the Facebook game. In addition to changing your avatar name and gender, now you will be able to change your real first name, your email and your password and update your website profile picture.
To get to the Profile section of the Account tab you can click on this link:
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/settings2/

See the list below for instructions for on any specific item:

CLICK HERE to go to the post with information on the Changing Avatar Name, Real First Name and Avatar Gender.

Known Issue 19th Dec, 2024 : The avatar name for some players were set to empty, we are still figuring out why this is happening, in the meantime, we are automatically populating the avatar name for those players based on this rule: if your avatar name is empty and your real name is John, your new avatar name will be 'John Avatar'. If this happens to you, you can always change it to any name you want.

CLICK HERE to go to the post with information on where to find the pictures you take with the in game camera.

CLICK HERE to go to the post with information on Changing Email.
In order to change your email you don't need to have access to your old email, but you do need to have access to your new email. Keeping a valid email as your farmtown email is very important since this is the only way you will be able to recover access to your farms if you forget your password.

CLICK HERE to go to the post with information on the Changing Password.
In order to change your password you must have access to your current email. If that's not the case, then you must change your email first for an email that you have access to, since we will be sending you security codes to that email.

CLICK HERE to go to the post for Updating your Website Profile Picture.

Changing your Farm Name
You change your Farm name by clicking on the plaque to the right of your game level.
The background colour of the plaque will be brown if the farm is not fertilised.
If the farm is fertilised the background colour will be green.

When you click on the Plaque the Enter New Farm Name window appears and in the box in the top you can delete the current farm name and type in a new one.
Remember to click the green check mark to save the change.

Changing your Forum Name
Forum names can be changed by a Forum Administrator only. Requests for name changes will be taken under advisement. Send a PM to Taz D, marymarcel or Tiger after insuring the new name is not already in use by searching the member list found under the communities tab at the top of the screen. Once it is received, if approved, the change will take place immediately. You will need to use the new name the next time you log on.

Last edited by Tiger; Jan 24 2024 at 03:21 PM.
Old Jun 04 2022, 04:06 PM

I realise this is the wrong place but I couldn't see a thread for this problem, so I thought it would be least obtrusive here.

I have a friend who used to play FT some years ago but who ended up deleting their FaceBook account. Now they've opened a new FB and started a new farm but they're having some issues. At some point they registered for the forum but they can't get back into their forum account as the password is long lost. The forgotten password procedure doesn't seem to be working for them--they've tried twice but no email has arrived. Can you help? Their forum name was MarkH, they think....
Old Jun 04 2022, 04:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqrl View Post
I realise this is the wrong place but I couldn't see a thread for this problem, so I thought it would be least obtrusive here.

I have a friend who used to play FT some years ago but who ended up deleting their FaceBook account. Now they've opened a new FB and started a new farm but they're having some issues. At some point they registered for the forum but they can't get back into their forum account as the password is long lost. The forgotten password procedure doesn't seem to be working for them--they've tried twice but no email has arrived. Can you help? Their forum name was MarkH, they think....
Hi Sqrl,
I moved your post to the thread about forum name as a better place for this.
Your friend should just start a new forum account. That way they should be able to get the email to a current email address. Remind them they do need to get the email for the confirmation before they can post.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 04 2022, 05:48 PM

Hi, thanks for the help. It was supposed to be RefarMer, guess I misstyped!
Old Jun 10 2022, 01:32 AM

More than once, my Avatar's name keeps going back to my name instead of my nickname. Any suggestions?
Old Jun 10 2022, 04:29 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB View Post
More than once, my Avatar's name keeps going back to my name instead of my nickname. Any suggestions?
Hi GRB,

To make an avatar name more permanent you need to do that from the Account tab above your game screen. Are you doing that? If you are, are you also remembering to click the Change button as well? If you are not doing that than that's why it's not saving for you.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Jun 10 2022, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Hi GRB,

To make an avatar name more permanent you need to do that from the Account tab above your game screen. Are you doing that? If you are, are you also remembering to click the Change button as well? If you are not doing that than that's why it's not saving for you.
I do change it from the account tab and I do hit the change button. It says "Account Updated". Yet again this morning, it changed back.
Old Jun 10 2022, 11:30 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB View Post
I do change it from the account tab and I do hit the change button. It says "Account Updated". Yet again this morning, it changed back.
Hi GRB,

Check if you need to do any browser updates as some have had updates overnight, clear the browser if you haven't recently and please run memcache as well.

To clear memcache Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared.

Then close your browser for a few minutes, reopen and see if your avatar name has changed again.

If it has not changed after that, see if it changes again tomorrow morning. If it does please contact support.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Sep 22 2022, 11:26 PM

Default avatar name

wonder why my avatar name is not longer showing? it now has my name instead of Alice???

thanks. 567492224
Old Sep 22 2022, 11:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwoeb View Post
wonder why my avatar name is not longer showing? it now has my name instead of Alice???

thanks. 567492224
Hi Iwoeb,
I moved your post to the thread about Avatars. I don't know why it changed as we have not had an update or anything else that would change it. You can change it back if you go to the Account tab above your farms and change it there.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Tags
avatar appearance, avatar clothes, avatar colors, avatar name, business clothes, change name, clothes, forum name, name change