Go Back   Farm Town > Social Forums > Best Farm Contests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Sep 09 2014, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyacinth Bucket View Post
I'm currently having a problem with taking a photo of my farm for some reason, I've done it many times before and didn't have any trouble taking one for last month's competition.

Now it just sits there saying 'Rendering' and nothing happens. I've tried all the usual stuff, clearing cache, rebooting etc.

Then I clicked on the little question mark when taking a photo and the instructions have completely bamboozled me. It says to 'click on Options and then Download in FaceBook's Photo Viewer'.

But I'm darned if I can find the 'Options' option/word anywhere in FT or on my FB page, anyone else know what they are talking about please?

If I can't take a photo then I'll have to use the 'Print Screen' option & edit the size in PhotoShop, anyone know what size I should make it ie pixel width? I don't want to make it too large so that it overlaps the forum screen (like some of them do) but I only get one chance to upload it as I can't then edit it to replace it with a smaller size. Help.....
HI Hyacinth,

To add to what Taz has said, i think chrome has been messing up lately, it maybe worth while trying from a different browser, perhaps Opera or Firefox?

Also, if you do have problems with picture size and need to change the picture for a smaller one, we would not disqualify you for that. We are aware that some people have problems posting. so try not to worry please

How to manually link your Farm to the forum

Contact Support

Old Sep 09 2014, 04:57 PM
Seraphina Warrior
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam the Farm girl View Post
First I want to thank you for the time you put into helping the contestants. I am sure it is considerable and it is very much appreciated! I just want to point out that some of us have attempted to insure we follow the rules by various strategies like the one you labeled as risky. Most (probably all) of us will use non seasonal items we have in storage, and just want to make sure we don't break the rules. This does not mean we are trying to pass off an old farm, rather than create a new one. For me that would take away the fun of the contest.
Hi Pam the Farm girl. This advice was put in place, for those who were trying to use an old farm , rather than create a farm specifically for the competition. When it comes to those who are indeed creating a farm, then you only need to ensure that you do not use items, which are in the "seasonal" category in your store. If you avoid this section, then there will be no room for any mistakes. All other items in your storage and all items currently available in the store and from gifts, are perfectly acceptable to use on your farm.
Old Sep 09 2014, 11:09 PM

Tried all of that thanks Taz, more than once, still doesn't work. I've tried two different browsers taking photos of different farms, still no luck.

I just don't understand why it's not working really. I'll just have to do a 'print screen' one and take a guess at the size, good to know I won't be eliminated for changing it for a smaller version if it's too large, thanks Rob.
Old Sep 09 2014, 11:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyacinth Bucket View Post
Tried all of that thanks Taz, more than once, still doesn't work. I've tried two different browsers taking photos of different farms, still no luck.

I just don't understand why it's not working really. I'll just have to do a 'print screen' one and take a guess at the size, good to know I won't be eliminated for changing it for a smaller version if it's too large, thanks Rob.
Hi Hyacinth,
It appears there is something in Chrome right now causing some problems. Have you tried through a different browser as Seraphina mentioned such as Firefox or Opera. It may work fine through one of those.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 10 2014, 03:28 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphina Warrior View Post
Hi RichieRoo, you are free to do whatever you choose on your farm. You can use any item to create an effect etc, but as stated, you cannot use "seasonal items" and it cannot be a picture farm. I hope this helps.
Thank you it helps alot
Old Sep 10 2014, 05:19 AM
Seraphina Warrior
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRoo View Post
Thank you it helps alot
You are so very welcome RichieRoo
Old Sep 10 2014, 08:56 PM

Some of the pictures linked don't say what season they're portraying. And, I'm spending a lot of time and coins on mine ha ha! Does size matter? I'm using a newer farm and it's small, like 14x. Hate to spend billions of coins to enlarge it when I'm having such a struggle figuring out what I've already got. Advice?
Old Sep 11 2014, 03:13 AM
Seraphina Warrior
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Barbie View Post
Some of the pictures linked don't say what season they're portraying. And, I'm spending a lot of time and coins on mine ha ha! Does size matter? I'm using a newer farm and it's small, like 14x. Hate to spend billions of coins to enlarge it when I'm having such a struggle figuring out what I've already got. Advice?
Hi Rugged Barbie, as stated in the rules, your farm can be any size. I hope this helps.
Old Sep 11 2014, 06:19 AM

Thumbs up

Photograph of farm finally taken you'll all be pleased to know I'm sure

I had a FB message from Carolyn who also gave me the link to clearing the memcache but she added the little snippet that no-one else had, to not be on my farm (or having it open in another tab) when clicking on the memcache link - this time it worked just fine.

I'm back in business thanks to the help in this forum, you guys all rock
Old Sep 16 2014, 01:15 PM

OK Already!
I've posted my farm for the contest so I can get something else done!
It became an obsession and now that I've posted it I know I can't mess with it anymore!
Oh, what a relief it is . . .
Very good luckers to ALL contestants. Your farms are absolutely wonderful! I cringe when looking at mine compared to the high quality work that I've seen so far on here.
<3 to All!