Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Sep 01 2018, 06:32 PM

Are there so few people playing the Neighborhood chains that you cannot make the weekly competition competitive? It is now Sat afternoon. The top 4 neighborhoods are in the 300,000 to 400,000, and the 5 through 10 are 170,000 and below. I realize that players do not play with the same intensity each week, but at this point in the week there is no chance for the 5th ranked team to even get to 3rd place. This is a pretty common occurrence. Is this the best you can do to make this game competitive?
Old Sep 01 2018, 06:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by garylr View Post
Are there so few people playing the Neighborhood chains that you cannot make the weekly competition competitive? It is now Sat afternoon. The top 4 neighborhoods are in the 300,000 to 400,000, and the 5 through 10 are 170,000 and below. I realize that players do not play with the same intensity each week, but at this point in the week there is no chance for the 5th ranked team to even get to 3rd place. This is a pretty common occurrence. Is this the best you can do to make this game competitive?
Hi garylr,
I am sure that the developers would like to make the NCC more competitve, but it doses require participation. Selecting the 10 competing teams currently is done by the number of facilities each team has. They can't choose them by how many points they have accrued before the teams are selected. They have been looking to try to make it more competitive, but have not released any changes for that as yet.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 24 2018, 02:13 AM
Account Not Linked

The problem for me is getting people on my team who load their facilities. They maybe load one for a quest or just to join for the week then they don't do anymore. And dare I say there are some people who just load a facility and do nothing else because they are relying on their neighbours to do the work for them, because at the end of the week they get some rewards even if they are coming in near the bottom; but I find that often they are getting higher than I do and that is for doing virtually nothing!

I find this contest extremely unfair. I recently started doing it again after a long time but nothing has improved. The highest I ever got was 3rd way back when but I am mostly in around the middle to bottom after the week due to my hard work. Other teams I am competing against usually have 3 or 4 times more points than my team can get. I know I should get more FB farm town neighourbours who participate in this event but this is often easier said than done. Maybe I will look into getting some quality neighbours LOL.

I don't know what the solution is to make this a fairer contest. Maybe looking at the quality of facilities instead of quantity? Limiting people to only 1 FC facility and 1 of regular facility of each kind instead of allowing as many as they have and plus? Perhaps being able to remove those from my team who don't make any effort. It seems people are added as soon as they load a facility. I don't feel I want to remove them from my neighbour list or tell them to disable the NCC. It's not for me to tell them.

Maybe there could be a side contest for individuals that come top on their team? I will keep doing them for now because it does help to get a few extra items, although obviously the aim is to get to the top!
Old Oct 07 2018, 11:09 AM

think it best i stop doing the neighborhood chain.it does not matter if i post or have 2 of each of the factorys showing the same group gets the 2 dollars every week same group gets the one dollar.only way i can see anyone else to get 2 or 1 dollar is to add one neighbor a differant neighbor every week to theses groups so they get a chance also . some things are not fair .us older in age players are doing the best we can.i be 76 in march have played i think since april 2009 thanks i love farmtown
Old Oct 08 2018, 10:34 PM

Is there a step-by step- page on how to work this ? I play it off and on - which is why I love this one and the quest - it's not mandatory ! like some other games. I won't play those that make quests or things like this mandatory! If I'm not in the mood to participate I'm not going to it's that simple lol

But I'm not sure I am doing it correctly I only have 3 people this week doing the NC, and it's only 3 because My sister is back to playing farm town now that we're in the fall season (LOL we do too much gardening in the summer to do too much on here), but I know at least on my neighborhood list I have 1 other person who I think does these Neighborhood Chain event, however he's no longer on my actual FB friends list, so I'm not positive. But if he's not on my Facebook friends list and still my neighbor on game, and if he's doing the NC would he show up as part of my group? if so then maybe he'll click it one time soon so I'll have 4 in my group instead of 2/3

But What I've been doing is a few times a day I go empty out my faculties (Store all/cash out) re load what needs to be reloaded, then I click the crate and go to the Neighborhood chain event, and do the buildings there (some times I have all 4 sometimes not) Am I supposed to go work the neighbors in my group's facilities as well , or do we each just do our own buildings that's for the event? Also this week one of the buildings is a bakery I actually have 2 of those on 2 different farms but it is only using one, is this normal or is there a way I can add the 2nd one? Or is it just 1 per person of each building.

and I was reading through some of the comments on here about how they think it's unfair due to them not being able to afford FC buildings.. I too am on a fixed income I haven't bought FC in many many many years (I have been playing Farm town for over 10 years I started on Myspace ) however, When I get enough FC built up, if there is not a Tool or anything I need or want, I'll just go buy a random building/ facility , this is why sometimes I have all the facilities needed for this event, and sometimes I only have the 2 that take coins, sometimes I only have 1 FC building and the 2 coin bought ones, in the event. And honestly the handful of times I did buy FC I bought Farming tools with it :-D b/c I use those more personally than I do the Facilities, This event actually makes me work mine more I usually only do them once a week lol But I just wanted to add this in to say - You don't need to use real money to buy the FC buildings, just let your FC build up and get one here and there, You can even click the tab that says "EARN Cash" and do some of the survey sites, or the games on there I have done that in the past as well to earn FC And don't feel pressured into buying them just for this event, Last week I only had the 2 coin bought buildings and it was only me and 1 other person in my group doing this event. We came in 7th, week before - same scenario we came in 5th . I honestly do think it's done fairly, and I've yet to see the same group of people on my list of neighborhoods in this event, so I can say not the same ones win every week!
Old Oct 08 2018, 10:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Hi atvchick,
There is a complete explanation in the Game Guide Chapter 31 about the Neighborhood Chains Contest. Here is a link to that:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621846

After you read that if you have any questions about it post them in the Help & Support subject thread about the contest:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621818

Quote:
Originally Posted by atvchick95 View Post
Is there a step-by step- page on how to work this ? I play it off and on - which is why I love this one and the quest - it's not mandatory ! like some other games. I won't play those that make quests or things like this mandatory! If I'm not in the mood to participate I'm not going to it's that simple lol

But I'm not sure I am doing it correctly I only have 3 people this week doing the NC, and it's only 3 because My sister is back to playing farm town now that we're in the fall season (LOL we do too much gardening in the summer to do too much on here), but I know at least on my neighborhood list I have 1 other person who I think does these Neighborhood Chain event, however he's no longer on my actual FB friends list, so I'm not positive. But if he's not on my Facebook friends list and still my neighbor on game, and if he's doing the NC would he show up as part of my group? if so then maybe he'll click it one time soon so I'll have 4 in my group instead of 2/3

But What I've been doing is a few times a day I go empty out my faculties (Store all/cash out) re load what needs to be reloaded, then I click the crate and go to the Neighborhood chain event, and do the buildings there (some times I have all 4 sometimes not) Am I supposed to go work the neighbors in my group's facilities as well , or do we each just do our own buildings that's for the event? Also this week one of the buildings is a bakery I actually have 2 of those on 2 different farms but it is only using one, is this normal or is there a way I can add the 2nd one? Or is it just 1 per person of each building.

and I was reading through some of the comments on here about how they think it's unfair due to them not being able to afford FC buildings.. I too am on a fixed income I haven't bought FC in many many many years (I have been playing Farm town for over 10 years I started on Myspace ) however, When I get enough FC built up, if there is not a Tool or anything I need or want, I'll just go buy a random building/ facility , this is why sometimes I have all the facilities needed for this event, and sometimes I only have the 2 that take coins, sometimes I only have 1 FC building and the 2 coin bought ones, in the event. And honestly the handful of times I did buy FC I bought Farming tools with it :-D b/c I use those more personally than I do the Facilities, This event actually makes me work mine more I usually only do them once a week lol But I just wanted to add this in to say - You don't need to use real money to buy the FC buildings, just let your FC build up and get one here and there, You can even click the tab that says "EARN Cash" and do some of the survey sites, or the games on there I have done that in the past as well to earn FC And don't feel pressured into buying them just for this event, Last week I only had the 2 coin bought buildings and it was only me and 1 other person in my group doing this event. We came in 7th, week before - same scenario we came in 5th . I honestly do think it's done fairly, and I've yet to see the same group of people on my list of neighborhoods in this event, so I can say not the same ones win every week!
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 08 2018, 11:09 PM

Old Feb 19 2019, 02:53 AM

Default Neighbours being pitted against each other

Hi, I was just wondering, I thought that if you were neighbours with each other your neighbour would possibly appear in your NCC and you in theirs. Over the last two weeks I have been pitted against one of my neighbours in the NCC and I don't like it...lol. Is this right. It's never happened before. Thanks
Old Feb 19 2019, 04:54 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivienne57 View Post
Hi, I was just wondering, I thought that if you were neighbours with each other your neighbour would possibly appear in your NCC and you in theirs. Over the last two weeks I have been pitted against one of my neighbours in the NCC and I don't like it...lol. Is this right. It's never happened before. Thanks
Hi Vivienne,

Yes is is possible for that to happen.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Apr 20 2019, 01:17 AM

Default Neighborhood Chains

I am curious to see if anyone else has encountered this.

90-95% of the time our neighborhood chains group has the same person leading every Saturday morning when the group is revealed. No one has a chance to catch them as they come in with a massive amount of points. This really take the fun out of competing and I wonder if this is due to whatever algorithm Farm Town uses to select the groups, if so I think it may need tweaked a little to even the playing field.

Thanks for a great game, been with you from the start.