Old Mar 29 2010, 07:55 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose W View Post
I have looked and looked manually and using the search tool and have not found this question addressed anywhere. I saw again today a request for a gift on my home page in FarmTown which had a direct link to Farmtown and the requester. I too have requests, but do not know how to do it in a way that links to the site. I would prefer to request things in this way so as not to annoy my non FT playing friends. If they are not playing they are not very interested in all the FT related posting cluttering their home pages.
also any item you have on your farm such as a "Cow' that is on the gift page you just click on that item and you get a menu that says 'request as gift' then you get the pop up to send the request for that gift.. also any item you have in your gift box you can request more of......... it posts to your FB wall

GOD Bless The USA

Level 600, Farmer since June 2,2009

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000233351452

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Mar 29 2010, 08:42 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Easter gift giving

Many thanks for all the new crops and Easter stuff. I really like the mushrooms, very cool!
But, I would really have liked to send my friends some Easter gifts, but this isn't possible. So sad! I don't really want them all for myself.Actually, all the gifts need updating, as when I ask my FT friends what they want, they all say 'nothing, so just send fuel'. Very boring.
On another note, I started a new farm and placed an island in the middle, where I have been trying to keep my animals, but no matter what I do, they keep escaping, especially the chickens, who seem to get a great deal of pleasure from making me run around after them!
Old Mar 29 2010, 08:47 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by spottea View Post
Many thanks for all the new crops and Easter stuff. I really like the mushrooms, very cool!
But, I would really have liked to send my friends some Easter gifts, but this isn't possible. So sad! I don't really want them all for myself.Actually, all the gifts need updating, as when I ask my FT friends what they want, they all say 'nothing, so just send fuel'. Very boring.
On another note, I started a new farm and placed an island in the middle, where I have been trying to keep my animals, but no matter what I do, they keep escaping, especially the chickens, who seem to get a great deal of pleasure from making me run around after them!
It is possible to send Easter gifts. Your friends have to request them. There is a little red box (on most Easter gifts) to the right of the item which they click and it sends it to their wall where you can click and send it.
There can be no gaps or the animals will escape. I don't know what you made an island out of, but you can fence them in.
Old Mar 29 2010, 09:14 PM
Account Not Linked

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
If you click on the tab key on your computer it will bring up the save button.

I just tried this , and it does not work for me using Safari.
I have created a FT group to select for the hire request and I can do that part of it , but the Save/ Publish link is below where I can choose that.
I am not going to send the request out to all my friends..and my FT friends I have talked with today all feel the same way. That is spam.
FT or FB (whoever is fixing it to where the Save/Publish button is hidden) needs to rework that .
Old Mar 29 2010, 09:51 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyHallow View Post
also any item you have on your farm such as a "Cow' that is on the gift page you just click on that item and you get a menu that says 'request as gift' then you get the pop up to send the request for that gift.. also any item you have in your gift box you can request more of......... it posts to your FB wall
The animals can't be requested this way. When you click on an animal it doesn't come up with an option to request as a gift. I know you can request more of what you have in your gift box but not sure if animals can be done that way as I don't have any animals in my GB at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyKY View Post
I just tried this , and it does not work for me using Safari.
I have created a FT group to select for the hire request and I can do that part of it , but the Save/ Publish link is below where I can choose that.
I am not going to send the request out to all my friends..and my FT friends I have talked with today all feel the same way. That is spam.
FT or FB (whoever is fixing it to where the Save/Publish button is hidden) needs to rework that .
I don't use safari so I can't help you there. As for spamming people's news feeds FB has a new feature where you can hid app post. Hover over the post from someone and then click on hide, you will then have a choice of hiding that person or that app. Choosing the app hides the wall posts for that app from all your friends. I could understands people issue with seeing all the app posts in the past but now if they don't want to see them all they have to do is hide them and the problem is solved.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Mar 30 2010, 12:20 AM

Level:
XP:

As for spamming people's news feeds FB has a new feature where you can hid app post. Hover over the post from someone and then click on hide, you will then have a choice of hiding that person or that app. Choosing the app hides the wall posts for that app from all your friends. I could understands people issue with seeing all the app posts in the past but now if they don't want to see them all they have to do is hide them and the problem is solved.
[/quote]

The only option I get is to hide the person. How do you get the option to hide the app spam from the person? I don't want to hide the person, just the spam from the app.

----------------------------------------------------------------

You know you are a beta tester when updates come out and they don't work.
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Mar 30 2010, 04:50 AM

nICE TO SEE WE NOW HAVE PIZZA RESTURANT AND YOGURT MAKING FACILITIES, BUT WE STILL GET THE X025 ERROR, IN MY CASE IN MY DAIRY. LOVE THE DEV'S WORK, BUT WISH THAT ERRORS WOULD GET FIXED B4 ADDING NEW STUFF.
Old Mar 30 2010, 05:14 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
The animals can't be requested this way. When you click on an animal it doesn't come up with an option to request as a gift. I know you can request more of what you have in your gift box but not sure if animals can be done that way as I don't have any animals in my GB at the moment.

I don't use safari so I can't help you there. As for spamming people's news feeds FB has a new feature where you can hid app post. Hover over the post from someone and then click on hide, you will then have a choice of hiding that person or that app. Choosing the app hides the wall posts for that app from all your friends. I could understands people issue with seeing all the app posts in the past but now if they don't want to see them all they have to do is hide them and the problem is solved.
Thanks for that tip
I will figure that out and pass it along to people on my Friends list.
Old Mar 30 2010, 06:16 AM

Level:
XP:

Wow. Nice we can now make yogurt. Yum!! Thanks, devs!!!!!!!!

Last edited by prettyponies; Mar 30 2010 at 06:26 AM.
Closed Thread