Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Sep 12 2010, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalCat View Post
Does anyone remember exactly when FT started? I remember when 34 was the highest level you could get, but I don't remember when the game first rolled out.
I joined the forum in early February 2009; the game had been out a couple of weeks - possibly a month - then.

I too remember the original level 34 with those huge XP gaps a the top of it. Then the devs rejigged the levels and some of those on level 34 ended up on about level 80. And the top crop was coffee...
Old Sep 12 2010, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
I joined the forum in early February 2009; the game had been out a couple of weeks - possibly a month - then.

I too remember the original level 34 with those huge XP gaps a the top of it. Then the devs rejigged the levels and some of those on level 34 ended up on about level 80. And the top crop was coffee...
I love reading all this history. I didn't find the game until late July, 2009, but I've been an avid fan ever since. I don't remember what the top level was then but the red mansion was definitely the creme de la creme and it took FOREVER to get enough coins and levels to get there. It was wonderful to have the carrot in front of your nose, though. Actually, I never was a huge fan of the red mansion so I never even bought one but it was still a cool goal to strive for.

BTW, I've been hanging out at the Realtor Office a lot lately (wonder why???) and I get a kick out of looking at the backdrop in there because that's the way our farms USED to look. The original scarecrow - original hay bales, etc. It was great "back then" but all looks pretty comical now. FT has come a long way!

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Sep 12 2010, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
I love reading all this history. I didn't find the game until late July, 2009, but I've been an avid fan ever since. I don't remember what the top level was then but the red mansion was definitely the creme de la creme and it took FOREVER to get enough coins and levels to get there. It was wonderful to have the carrot in front of your nose, though. Actually, I never was a huge fan of the red mansion so I never even bought one but it was still a cool goal to strive for.

BTW, I've been hanging out at the Realtor Office a lot lately (wonder why???) and I get a kick out of looking at the backdrop in there because that's the way our farms USED to look. The original scarecrow - original hay bales, etc. It was great "back then" but all looks pretty comical now. FT has come a long way!
I also never got the Red Mansion. Didn't care for it that much, but I remember everyone wanting one.
Old Sep 12 2010, 07:48 AM

This game is great BUT there is 2 much clicking involved. Also I have over 200 million dollars, five farms, all the facilities, and am at the top level 115 with no where 2 go. Why should I play anymore? It is boring.
Old Sep 12 2010, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcswdonna View Post
34 is correct, there were never 40. I never thought I would reach 34....lol. With the facilities, the exp keeps piling on.
When they changed the levels from 34 to 60 they also changed the number of XPs required to reach levels. This changed the level to buy the mansion from 34 to 40, even though the number of XPs to purchase the mansion remained the same. I think this is why some people think at one time Level 40 was the highest. Just speculating of course!
Old Sep 12 2010, 08:00 AM

I have a question about overlapping over plowing etc. I understand from reading that overplowing etc can mess up your data and cause problems. My question is what about sitting buildings on sand, asphalt etc. Is that the same thing?
Old Sep 12 2010, 08:32 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dottyF View Post
I have a question about overlapping over plowing etc. I understand from reading that overplowing etc can mess up your data and cause problems. My question is what about sitting buildings on sand, asphalt etc. Is that the same thing?
My understanding is that any kind of over lapping, or stacking can cause that. I am not positive though. I think it does for some and not others is why. I know that when I layered trees over my plowed and sowed fields that caused me major troubles and disconnects...Also layering buildings over my crops caused major troubles....But...I have gone to only having one layer of crops instead of layering for a while and still have the same troubles I have now. so Not sure how much trouble that has caused me. I would love for a a moderator to check to see if i have "corrupt game data". I have continuous disconnects and error x025 ... and constantly my "Flash Player" crashes. I did all the clean up on my computer of files and all that. NO help.... Honestly I have several times...

GOD Bless The USA

Level 600, Farmer since June 2,2009

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000233351452

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Sep 12 2010, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crjangel View Post
This game is great BUT there is 2 much clicking involved. Also I have over 200 million dollars, five farms, all the facilities, and am at the top level 115 with no where 2 go. Why should I play anymore? It is boring.
sorry to say but if your bored.even when they add new levels again you will be bored again.. also the developers said new land and levels coming soon
Old Sep 12 2010, 08:41 AM

Smile Thank you Farm Town Team !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
*****Please see post launch fixes at the end*****

Hey There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes:

1. 13 New Flowers: 10 in the store and 3 in the gift page. All flowers were created by Debbie (a FarmTown player and community member) and donated to the FarmTown game, many thanks to her.

2. Log Truck with Chainsaw (FC): Allows you to chop up to 32 trees at a time, it works very similar to the treeshaker tool.

3. Default Farm Selection: When clicking on the farm title text, you will see a new checkbox in that window to select that current farm as your default farm. The default farm will be the farm where you and your friends will be landing on when visiting you.

4. Show Decorations: We added this new option to the Option Window (top right tool icon) to make it easier for you to hide all decorations at once, including fences.

5. 'Decorations' category restructured: The store 'Decorations' category have now been divided in 5:

Farming Decor - All decorations that you would naturally expect to see in a farm
Motion - All items with a purpose or transportation of humans or any other stuff. Previous giftable fathers day items like golf carts, ATV and hot rods have been added to this category
Furniture - All furnitures
Fun - All items with a fun purpuse. All fathers day sport items have been added to this category
Other - The rest of the old 'Decorations' category. Previous mothers day sculptures have been added to this category and to the Topiaries

6. Mineral Mine (coins): Allows you to produce silver, gold and diamonds.

7. Jewelry Factory (FC): Allows you to produce jewels:

Earring
Necklace
Photo Frame with embeded jewelry
Ring
Watch
Jewelry Box with embeded jewelry

8. Pasta Factory (coins): Allows you to produce uncooked pasta:

Spaghetti
Macaroni
Fettuccine
Linguine
Lasagne

9. Pasta Restaurant (FC): Allows you to produce salads and pasta dishes:

Caprese Salad
Caesar Chicken Salad
Garden Salad
Macaroni and Cheese
Spaghetti with Meatballs
Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
Seafood Linguine
Meat Lasagne

10. Tomato Sauce: Some Pasta Dishes requires Tomato Sauce which you can now make in the Food Preserver Factory.

11. Multitools and the 'Remove space between fields' setting: From now on, all multitools (except for the multiplower to be completed for the next release)will work as expected independent on the 'Remove space between fields' setting, before, setting/unsetting that option could make your multitools only do one field at a time for a while.

12. When hiring others, incorrect crop count on storage for fertilized crops: This bug should now be fixed, no need to refresh the game anymore to see the correct count.

13. Fences can now be selected and hidden without issues.

14. Harvest, Plow and Tool vertical toolbars now dissapear when you select a tool and start working.

15. Minor Changes: Horse Training Area now allows you to put some horses on it. Alternative views for facilities are now the default on the store, when you purchase them, you can always go back to the previous cartoonish look if you want to.

Farm 6 and new levels comming soon...

Enjoy!

*****Post launch fixes*****

- Big Bulldozer now deletes 3 types of fields, harvested fields, gone to waste and regular plow fields
- The Tools are not hidden when you hide all decorations
- There is a warning once per day, that alert you when you have decorations, buildings or other stuff hidden in the game, so you don't panic when you see all them gone without remembering why
- We discoreverd that the Horse Training Area item fix is not functioning as expected, this will take longer to fix, please ignore this functionality for the time being

Thanks

--Raul
Thank you so much for all you have did to make this game what it is. I do not look at it as a game it is my get away MY FARM LOL I love it. I have bought all the new tools the tree chopper also . I got flower harverter few days ago, it is great , boy I can hardly wait for farm 6 Thank you all for all your hard work
Old Sep 12 2010, 08:45 AM

FONT]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoreneC View Post
When they changed the levels from 34 to 60 they also changed the number of XPs required to reach levels. This changed the level to buy the mansion from 34 to 40, even though the number of XPs to purchase the mansion remained the same. I think this is why some people think at one time Level 40 was the highest. Just speculating of course!
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Ahhhh yes very good observation! I bet your right.[/

Visit My Farms Below

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...4750&farm_ix=Y
Closed Thread