Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jun 16 2012, 01:11 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygirl56 View Post
Why aren't quests programmed for facilities owned by the user? I have had several quests that I could not complete because I didn't own a particular facility. If not programmable why not give partial credit? I just opened a new quest and it is for chess boards; I don't own a facility to make them. I have stopped spending my cash to purchase farm town merchandise.
Because they are programmed to be random from a list of all quests. It doesn't compare if you have a facility or not so it is the luck of the draw whether you get one that is for a facility you own. Same thing with the Lifelines. I t is random which one you get.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 16 2012, 01:08 PM

Hello, my quest today was goose egg ommelette , I had all the ingredients except onions. I clicked lifeline, the scythe was there, I clicked scythe my friend hired me to harvest her onions. Four times I harvested hers. Went home, nothing. I find the lifelines very frustrating, always takes so long to try to procure anything. I can't fathom this one. Anyone have the answer please. Thanks
Old Jun 16 2012, 03:49 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbell View Post
Hello, my quest today was goose egg ommelette , I had all the ingredients except onions. I clicked lifeline, the scythe was there, I clicked scythe my friend hired me to harvest her onions. Four times I harvested hers. Went home, nothing. I find the lifelines very frustrating, always takes so long to try to procure anything. I can't fathom this one. Anyone have the answer please. Thanks
When you harvested your friends onion did you harvest 10 onions for each 1 that the quest said you needed, cause you only get 10% of the harvest when you harvest a neighbors. If you did harvest the correct amount the only other thing I can think of is to try to clear the cache and history and then reload your browser and game and see if that worked.
Old Jun 16 2012, 04:59 PM

Hi Kitt, I always feel so stupid when I get the answer that should be obvious to me. I do think though that the explanation of lifelines should be a little clearer. I have one more question. When I click on the lifeline, do I have to click on whatever is underneath it for it to work, or does opening it start the process. (hope that is a clear ?).
I really, really appreciate your help, I thank you so very much, I would never ever have thought of the answer you gave me. thank you again. Barb
Old Jun 16 2012, 05:04 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Hi Kitt, I always feel so stupid when I get the answer that should be obvious to me. I do think though that the explanation of lifelines should be a little clearer. I have one more question. When I click on the lifeline, do I have to click on whatever is underneath it for it to work, or does opening it start the process. (hope that is a clear ?).
I really, really appreciate your help, I thank you so very much, I would never ever have thought of the answer you gave me. thank you again. Barb
That is why the forum is good, others might have the answer you couldn't think of, as for whether you have to click to activate it, I believe as soon as you click the lifeline, which ever lifeline is given is activated automatically. I have not heard of anyone saying they had to activate it and remember they are random so you might not always get the lifeline you need.
Old Jun 16 2012, 09:23 PM

ok Kitt, thank you once more. Barb
Old Jun 16 2012, 09:24 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
ok Kitt, thank you once more. Barb
Glad I could help.
Old Jun 16 2012, 09:40 PM

I hope in the future they do award FC or just remove that "MAY" award.

I also find lifelines annoying as on the gifting lifeline, most times, the gift isn't "gift-able"
Old Jun 16 2012, 09:49 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyshoes View Post
I hope in the future they do award FC or just remove that "MAY" award.

I also find lifelines annoying as on the gifting lifeline, most times, the gift isn't "gift-able"
You can use the gift lifeline on more than what is on the gift page, for example you need Olive Oil but you don't have the Oil factory, and you have the gift lifeline, you look and you have the Snack factory, so you go into the Snack factory and you press the + in the green box on the Potato Chips and you have a neighbor send you the ingredients for the Potato Chips and one of the ingredients is Olive Oil and it was received as a gift.
If and when they do start awarding FC it will not be very often that someone get FC as a reward.
Old Jun 17 2012, 03:47 PM
Account Not Linked

I have an issue with the quests. I have 2 open right now and I can't complete both because they both require a facility or truck that I have to use farm cash for. I think it sucks to try to force us to use real money for these quests. Now, I have 2 that I can't complete and I have to let them expire. One of them is making pepperoni pizza and I need pepperoni ordered from the semi. I had it gited to me and it doesn't count. Is there any way around this at all?