Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Feb 21 2012, 11:57 AM

I have played FT for 3 years and I had grown bored with planting, harvesting and filling factories. When belts were added I had a new goal...6th dan in all crops, trees and flowers. That gave me a goal to work for so the boredom lifted. When I had all the dans, except in new crops FT added, I was getting bored again. Then came the QUESTS!!! I was sooooooo excited. Something to look forward to each day. I raced to get on here in the morning to see my next Quest and get started on it. That said - the last 5 quests I have had, I have been able to do 2...and one of them only because a neighbor took pity on me and bought me the Fish Farming Facility so I could complete one. I am more than a little disgruntled that something that could be so much fun, has just turned into a tool for the developers to force us to spend FC to get facilities we don't have. I have 92 facilities...wouldn't you think I could get Quests for one I have???!!
Old Feb 21 2012, 12:48 PM

Wink quests and boredom

Quote:
Originally Posted by justa_angel View Post
I have played FT for 3 years and I had grown bored with planting, harvesting and filling factories. When belts were added I had a new goal...6th dan in all crops, trees and flowers. That gave me a goal to work for so the boredom lifted. When I had all the dans, except in new crops FT added, I was getting bored again. Then came the QUESTS!!! I was sooooooo excited. Something to look forward to each day. I raced to get on here in the morning to see my next Quest and get started on it. That said - the last 5 quests I have had, I have been able to do 2...and one of them only because a neighbor took pity on me and bought me the Fish Farming Facility so I could complete one. I am more than a little disgruntled that something that could be so much fun, has just turned into a tool for the developers to force us to spend FC to get facilities we don't have. I have 92 facilities...wouldn't you think I could get Quests for one I have???!!
well, i too have been playing for YEARS from when there was only one small farms and no facilities. . . so i know about boredom and have often scalled down my farming until a new feature came out : ) however in the years i have played i have also managed to buy ALL the facilities tho retired on a small fixed income (maybe my priorities are off??) and agree that the developers seem a little greedy . . . however the quests are NOT rewarding enough to buy a facility for!!! I am looking forward to quests that are a little more challenging tho -- in the meantime maybe your 'goal' should be in the contests or in owning all the facilities ????
Old Feb 21 2012, 03:29 PM
Account Not Linked

I have been playing for a couple of years like other when there was only one farm and no factories and have spent money to purchase factories, facilities, and tools. I have done this on my own and have not been pressured or forced to do it.

I disagree that the dev's are greedy, all most all of the games I play or have played keep having pop ups that want you to buy this and buy that for the game and I have never saw Farmtown ever use any pop up wanting me to purchase Farm Cash.

As far as the quests forcing people to purchase FC that is not true, they have made the lifelines to help people that don't have the needed factories/facilities, if they was a greedy as people say they are they wouldn't have made the lifelines, I do agree that the lifelines could use some tweaking so that if you need a certain lifeline to complete a quest that lifeline appears instead of one that doesn't help, like if the person could pick the lifeline that they need. I came across a quest I couldn't do cause I don't have the factory, so I am just letting it expire and continue on with the quests I can do.

I think the dev's have done a good job on this game.
Old Feb 21 2012, 06:14 PM

Thumbs down Market for cinnamon bundles

So, I finally got a lifeline that does not involve working at someone else's farm. It specifically reads that I can get what I need by trading at the market. I CANNOT TRADE AT THE MARKET TO OBTAIN CINNAMON BUNDLES.

This is the TENTH quest in a row that I cannot complete.

Why bother playing at all.
Old Feb 21 2012, 10:24 PM

Default Good Point

At the highest current level (310) and all but maybe 12 - 15 facilities, most of which are new ones, I too don't have a lot of cash to throw towards Farm Cash. So far, I have completed all the Quests I have started. I agree - it is not fair to present a Quest a farmer can not possibly complete due to a missing facility.

Good work making SALT available in the Mineral Mines! And for new crops. When I saw a "?" next Saffron, planted a lot. Next day the "?" was missing - the most expensive herb in the world is a must have ingredient for French seafood stew I can't spell. Bouluabaise? Good stuff. We need new dishes in all the eateries that utilize existing and new crops.

Last beef: When I go to sow seeds, the display goes to a beige backgroud (was white) and fails to reflect the number of crop units in storage. Please fix ASAP.
Old Feb 22 2012, 02:07 AM

It's official ... my opinion of the Quest feature is that it "sucks"

I have received 3 Quests this week that require I have a FC facility that I don't own and don't want to own!

So much for the Mayor preparing Quests especially for us. The Mayor just randomly gives us stuff whether we have the ability to do it or not.

And I refuse to spend any real money to do them.

Old Feb 22 2012, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauly View Post
Yes I know, such a shame they're not tailored. Before I start a quest I check to see if I have the right tools and when I don't I have to let it expire undone.

I think we should have a "REFUSE QUEST" button. How about it developers?
Bingo! We should be able to refuse it and have it go away. I have three open right now that I cannot complete.
Old Feb 22 2012, 05:37 AM

out of the last 4 days quests the only one I can do without buying FC facilities is the one with only 3 simple steps so I rushed to open today's quest !!!!!!

you guessed it I do not own the toy factory to produce the rubber ducky

we need a reject quest button and fast
Old Feb 22 2012, 06:15 AM

Hi! I must be one of the lucky few who has been able to complete every quest really quickly without having to buy any facilities or use any lifelines(there are alot of cash ones i don't own) Anyway when they started i made one of my farms a "quest farm" but today i decided it wasn't worth the effort of keeping it up to date as i tend to grow a wide variety of stuff anyway and have hardly made good use of it! I'll keep all the trees and flowers on it all ready but that's it! i own the orange sprinkler so it's never too long to wait! i have hardly needed to use the longer crops in any quest. I probably will now lol but it was too tedious keeping so many crops going at different times etc. Wonder how other people are managing their quest farms! (i really like having a nice wee short quest to do! maybe that's a good sign perhaps i am losing my addiction!! ;-D
Old Feb 22 2012, 06:43 AM

Quote:
I probably will now lol but it was too tedious keeping so many crops going at different times etc. Wonder how other people are managing their quest farms! (i really like having a nice wee short quest to do! maybe that's a good sign perhaps i am losing my addiction!! ;-D
I decided keeping crops ready was a pain too so I am getting rid of my quest crops. Plus I may have used one but did not have the other required crop planted so it didn't work out for me. I would rather just start forms scratch too.

As far as completing them so far I have only needed to purchase a couple coin facilities so I did. I do not own all the cash facilities either so I guess I have been lucky.

I am not sure if I would be frustrated or not if I could not complete most of them, probably yes.