Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Feb 06 2012, 12:10 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I love the quests....and I will admit I was a bit worried when they were announced...I thought oh no here we go again....and we will have to beg other farmers to help us complete them...Thank you again for always listening to your farmers...this is why I love this game! I look forward to my daily quest...it is the first thing I do after I make a pot of coffee. Hugs! Looking forward to tomorrow and my next quest ..sure hope it has lots steps!!!....Oh and I can not wait for how you will continue to up the anti...so looking forward to a dollar or two!! Cheers Garden Goddess
Old Feb 06 2012, 04:46 AM

I like the daily quests, please keep it that way. I do prefer a balance to the game and do like what you have done there.
Old Feb 06 2012, 08:51 AM

Default Quests

My current quest asks me to make cured cod. I need to make salt (check) and catch cod. I do not own a big sea coast, so I have gone to several farms and fished them. I have fished them with just the rod and reel, and I have fished them with my boat thinking perhaps it was the way I was fishing that was wrong I have now caught many cod, yet the quest says that I have caught 0/1. Am I to get from this that the cod must be caught from my own farm? It does not say in the quest that things can't be harvested from other farms.
Old Feb 06 2012, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clogger View Post
I was very wary of what a quest was going to be, but am finding it fun. It is not time intensive; mostly waiting for crops to grow.
I have 3 guests going now -- making ginseng roots, making mushroom burgers, and making corn meal. I appreciate the coin bonuses to fully expand my farms. The possibility of a random FC prize is enticing too.
Exactly! Has anyone noticed that although quests are random, they always seem to come up with a crop I haven't planted!!! NOT A COMPLAINT, just an observation. Waiting for Farm 13 to plant 4 squares of EVERYTHING. lol
Old Feb 06 2012, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosyou? View Post
- Right now, Quest Steps need to be completed by working by yourself in your farm or facilities. That is to say, crops or products you get as a bonus working for others, as gifts or by trading at the market won't count, but they will in the future. For now, if you hire others to harvest it wont count either, this may change as well.
Do we know for sure that harvesting for others will count towards our quests in the future? I hope so, because it is about the only thing I would ask for right now to be changed.
Old Feb 06 2012, 11:03 AM

I've done a quest every single day and have no problems. Every quest that has popped up has required a facility, but only one has required a farmcash facility (and I lucked out and already had it!). All the quests except that one have required facilities purchased with coins.

I appreciate that the developers put the quests in a place where you have to click on them to see them. I hate it when games put the quests right there in your face on the screen. I only play one game that does this and it's because theirs are more subtle and not as obnoxious as some. I love that Farmtown didn't do this; the quests are something you can do or not do. I wasn't big on the facilities before, but I'm kind of getting into doing more with the facilities now.

If you get a quest you can't do because of the type of facility it requires, just let that quest expire and do the next one. Depending on your level in the game, you can still start a new quest the next day while you wait for that one to expire.
Old Feb 06 2012, 11:13 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryztal View Post
Do we know for sure that harvesting for others will count towards our quests in the future? I hope so, because it is about the only thing I would ask for right now to be changed.
that was a quote from the release notes per Raul.we will just have to wait and see.
Old Feb 06 2012, 12:24 PM

Enjoying the quests. Love the way you have set them up. Love looking forward to the next one. Thank you.
Old Feb 06 2012, 12:30 PM

I find them OK, a simple diversion from the normal drudge, however the 20 hour limit is a drag. I am on a level that should allow me 5 quests yet because of the 20 hour delay I rarely manage more than 2 concurrentlt.
So I would like to be able to start all my 5 at the same time. why not? no skin off anyone elses nose if I choose to do lots of quests at the same time?
cheers
David
Old Feb 06 2012, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy pants View Post
I'm sorry, people, but I respectfully disagree. If the possibility existed to have 20 quests open at once, I would not eat, sleep, or go to work. Not to mention the enormous number of coins I would amass in no time flat....
But the point is not how many, If we are allowed 5, than we should be able to do 5, not 2 or 3. I'm not asking for more concurrent quests, just the ability to attain what was promised.