Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Jun 15 2020, 10:28 PM

Unhappy Extremely Slow Chat Server C20, Farm Server W22

Is there any way to be moved to a different server? My husband has been stuck on server "Chat Server C20, Farm Server W22 for quite some time now and it is extremely slow, has many glitches, etc. He has asked before to be changed to a different one if possible but did not receive an answer. We sit right across from each other and I am on a totally different server and do not have many issues at all while he is totally miserable. Please help...
Old Jun 15 2020, 10:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol Foreman View Post
Is there any way to be moved to a different server? My husband has been stuck on server "Chat Server C20, Farm Server W22 for quite some time now and it is extremely slow, has many glitches, etc. He has asked before to be changed to a different one if possible but did not receive an answer. We sit right across from each other and I am on a totally different server and do not have many issues at all while he is totally miserable. Please help...
Hi Carol,
I moved your post to the subject thread about game running slow as we try to keep the subjects organized here to make it easier for all to find.

I am sorry but there is no way to change servers as they are automatically assigned by the program. They are set up that way to balance out the number of players on each server. It is not the servers that cause slow downs and all the servers have the same program on them. There was a problem that many on server C20 was having problems staying connected but tha has been solved and was back to normal yesterday.

Please read all the suggestions in the first post of this thread to see things for making his game go faster and smoother.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Jun 15 2020 at 11:54 PM.
Old Jun 18 2020, 09:46 PM

it has been 6 years since i seen farmtown slow like it is now i did all the cleaning up everyday but it is not helping any. when i harvest plow plant the big harvester sits there about 1 mins then i do trees it sit there again. went to market to sell a few things it sit there 2 mins before it sell 10 %.i own all big toolsi buy cash.i have played since right after game came to facebook. praying this stops gets back to normal .i be ready to stop playing if it stays like it is now.only loose animals i have are on 1 2 and 9.most farms are 42x42. i do not like complaining .just wanted you to know and find out if anyone else is having same problems.just read a lot of people are having problems lately .sure hope this gets fixed no way to play with things like they are .my farms are like they have been for over 2 years.this just started after the crash happen and we started back playing after farmtpwn was fixed

Last edited by MOM GLENDA; Jun 18 2020 at 09:58 PM.
Old Jun 18 2020, 10:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOM GLENDA View Post
it has been 6 years since i seen farmtown slow like it is now i did all the cleaning up everyday but it is not helping any. when i harvest plow plant the big harvester sits there about 1 mins then i do trees it sit there again. went to market to sell a few things it sit there 2 mins before it sell 10 %.i own all big toolsi buy cash.i have played since right after game came to facebook. praying this stops gets back to normal .i be ready to stop playing if it stays like it is now.only loose animals i have are on 1 2 and 9.most farms are 42x42. i do not like complaining .just wanted you to know and find out if anyone else is having same problems
Hi Mom Glenda,
Loose animals are not the only things that can cause slow downs. Staggered fields with waters, buildings, trees, and flowers layered can also cause slowing down.
An overloaded internet link can also cause slowdowns. You data goes through many links from your computer, through your service provider and many more links before the data gets to the Facebook app server and then more links between the app server and the Farm Town servers. If there is an overloaded link then the data would get through but with a delay as each link handles the data passing through from all sources in a first come, first served basis.
You might want to try all the suggestions in the following link as those might help specially restarting your modem. Also try the server tests and see what you get for that.
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=627590
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 18 2020, 11:49 PM

i got the link with the chickens . so server must be ok .my farms are the same as they have been for about 4 years.nothing has been changed .this started after farmtown was fixed after we lost farmtown for about 2 hrs , i know it is not my laptops .i got 2 same thing happens on both. my farm loads ok i use farmtown flash player. praying this stops since you saying it is not a farmtown problem. read other people are complaining.sorry i bother you .i do not like to compain nor tell any of you my problems
Old Jun 19 2020, 12:01 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOM GLENDA View Post
i got the link with the chickens . so server must be ok .my farms are the same as they have been for about 4 years.nothing has been changed .this started after farmtown was fixed after we lost farmtown for about 2 hrs , i know it is not my laptops .i got 2 same thing happens on both. my farm loads ok i use farmtown flash player. praying this stops since you saying it is not a farmtown problem. read other people are complaining.sorry i bother you .i do not like to compain nor tell any of you my problems
Hi Mom Glenda,
The servers can only process the data as fast as it gets to them. When I did the server test tonight they responded very fast. When we lost Farm Town for the couple hours it was an internet link into the data center so was affecting most of us. That was corrected after the couple hours.
Your farms have changed as you add more facilities, land upgrades, and other things that have been released in that time.

Just for our information what servers are you on?
Old Jun 29 2020, 04:08 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Game saving

I'm not the only one with this problem
Yes it does it on ALL Browsers
Yes I have cleared everything out and the cache
When I work one of my farms and click to go to the next one, the thing that is showing in RED of how many it has to save takes FOREVER before it will save and go to the next farm.
I have Everything turned off except for what I am working on like if it is Trees, Flowers or what ever.
Love this game, and have a lot of money it, but it needs Help
Old Jun 29 2020, 04:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana1971 View Post
I'm not the only one with this problem
Yes it does it on ALL Browsers
Yes I have cleared everything out and the cache
When I work one of my farms and click to go to the next one, the thing that is showing in RED of how many it has to save takes FOREVER before it will save and go to the next farm.
I have Everything turned off except for what I am working on like if it is Trees, Flowers or what ever.
Love this game, and have a lot of money it, but it needs Help
Hi Dana,
I moved your post to the subject thread about the game running slow as this is not a display issue.
Please try the suggestions in the first post of this thread and the ones in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=627590

This is not a server or game problem. If it was everyone reporting this much slowdown then there might be a problem with the servers, but those reporting this are few. The servers can only process the data as fast as it gets to the server.

It could be an internet slowdown somewhere in the many links between you and the Farm Town servers. Or it could have to do with how much layering you have on your farms as the more layering the slower your computer can process and send the data.

Please try all the above suggestions and let us know what you get from those. If you want us to check this further please provide a link to your farms.
Old Jun 29 2020, 06:06 PM

I'm having the same problem as Dana1971 and others. Everything is VERY Slow

Farming Since Oct. 2009
Old Jun 29 2020, 06:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix1272 View Post
I'm having the same problem as Dana1971 and others. Everything is VERY Slow
Hi Matrix,
The only thing I can tell you is to read my answer to Dana and try the suggestions listed there.

When you layer trees, flowers and buildings over staggered 9x crops then you are going to get a slower response.

Last edited by Taz D; Jun 29 2020 at 06:14 PM.

Tags
slow game