Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 22 2009, 09:11 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Thanks for ruining this. Now it takes 10 times longer to harvest/plow. Good work <claps>
I'm done! Farmtown must be government owned. :-(

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 22 2009, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocowboy1008 View Post
I like the thought behind what you did, I do agree that there really were some rude people who just started clicking away. However, I am (well I guess i should say was) a very fast harvestor and plower, I was always courteous and worked in a pattern to stay out of teh way of others, however now it is very slow and time consuming... It definitely isnt as much fun as it was before. BUT..... I do have an idea for a compromise if you plan on leaving it this way....

The tractors and harvestors basically go to waste because most of us hire it out done, so how about making it possible to use our tractor and harvestor on others farms so at least we can do four squares at a time to make it a little faster?!?! Mine just sit on my farm now to look pretty all I use is the seeder...

Thanks

Mark
I went to a farm once to harvest, and there were only two harvesters. Me and this other girl. I tried to stay on my side to harvest, divided the farm from the middle, so she could stay on her side and I could stay on my side; and believe me the crops on both sides were the same!!

While I was working a pattern from top to bottom, or sometimes from left to right and right to left on my side of the fields, this woman got some nerve to intrude on my side while I was working on the pattern from top to bottom. When I got to the bottom I saw that she was clicking away the fields on my side of the farm. I was so mad!!! You try to be fair and divide the farm in the middle, but this rude and greedy woman came and clicked away on my side of the farm. So in order to get back at her, (I could click a lot faster than her), so I went to click on her side of the fields to see how she liked it.

I'm also very good in sharing work, because I can click fast and I noticed some harvesters click very slow, so at some point in time I would stop harvesting and leave the rest of the fields for the other harvester so she could catch up with collecting the coins that she should be getting. I stopped harvest, and the employer thought that was fair so she gave me the plow tool to plow. I began plowing the fields that I had harvested, then this other harvester got mad because I got to plow the fields first, she just left and didn't even continue on with harvesting the rest of the fields.

So I don't know what I should do to be fair. I thought I was being fair because I was clicking faster and so I left some fields to the other harvester to harvest, so she wouldn't feel I have got all the harvests. Isn't it a courteous thing to do? Then why was she upset and left the farm when I accepted the plow tool to plow? Is not that I wouldn't leave her any fields for plowing; or perhaps that's what she thought, and that was why she left?

What's a fast clicker is supposed to do for others without others thinking that we are going to get everything in the farm??? You try to be nice, and others don't think you're so nice.

Sandie Angel
Old Dec 22 2009, 09:12 PM
Account Not Linked

not liking this at all, it is much to slow. I used to hire just one person but now I need grab more then one. Also moving between fields is a pain with the new set up you have to wait for the avatar to cross the farm with rivers and bridges this take way to long. I have always enjoyed the game understood it was "beta" but not sure how long I will keep playing without getting bored
Old Dec 22 2009, 09:12 PM

I love this new way . thank you .

yes a little slower but at least we get things done properly.
maybe people will stop hiring 5 people to harvest a field .

no more mouse trackers to gobble all the fields, no more collisions, yes there was a lot of them two's .

people just ruined it for themselves. so there .

suck it up .
Old Dec 22 2009, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vales View Post

Hopefully, I dont' get carpel tunnel with this new method, right now my wrist and hand is aching, so will end this message.
I know exactly what you mean by this. My wrist really ached after plowing and the tension in my shoulders due to frustration of re clicking plowing plots.
Account Not Linked

I hate this update and I dont know why someone would call this an upgrade?!?!? It is horrible and will run many people away. I cannot even get people to harvest my peppers and pineapple now and its not worth my time trying to harvest other farmers crops. I dont care if I missed occasional xp or coins; however I will now be missing MORE because of this upgrade!! This should be removed unless your goal is to reduce the number o participants.
Account Not Linked

Please roll it back and give it some more thought. Lots of us are off for Christmas break and it seemed like a good time to do a lot of farming. You can always put it back if you really think it's the right thing to do. (doesn't appear your users think so)

Default not loving the new release

Hey, Y'all.....appreciate your work at trying to keep things working well. I like that this method of plowing/harvesting keeps things a little more orderly, but it is taking a VERY long time to harvest and plow. Too long. If someone has a large farm and is kind enough to hire just me, it can take 15 min. to finish. Would appreciate some change. Perhaps our avatars have to catch up, but once they do, when we plow/harvest adjacent plots, we can keep clicking quickly and let the avatar catch up later.

Thanks a bunch!
Old Dec 22 2009, 09:14 PM

70% less problems? Could it be because you now have 70% less players! This is a downgrade not an upgrade.
Please change it back.
Old Dec 22 2009, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prada View Post
I love this new way . thank you .

yes a little slower but at least we get things done properly.
maybe people will stop hiring 5 people to harvest a field .

no more mouse trackers to gobble all the fields, no more collisions, yes there was a lot of them two's .

people just ruined it for themselves. so there .

suck it up .
Yea they will stop hiring 5 people alright, and hire 10 because it will take longer for them to harvest and plow LOL
Closed Thread