Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #891  
Old May 05 2011, 04:03 PM
JAS0643's Avatar
JAS0643 JAS0643 is offline
Account Not Linked
 
Join Date: Jul 10 2009
Location: Kentucky, USA
Posts: 2,002
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassysuzie View Post
I have a 4x4 harvester and plower. When I go to a farm, I start clearing right away. Many times after beginning the job, I realize there is another worker who is more times than not a worker with no tools. At that point, I state I am leaving the rest of the work for that other worker. It just doesn't seem fair to pit workers with tools against workers with no tools. When a worker is hired first, that worker deserves to work the whole farm. And why do people hire more than one worker anyway? I don't think there is a solution for this issue but I just had to vent. Ok. Done. Have a nice day. :-)
Because I can, because I want too, because it is my farm and I will hire as many as I like. I do not like it when people ask for or expect solo work I think it is very greedy of them. I have 3 crop farms that have almost 1000 fields on them if 2 people can't share then they don't need to be working for me. I will never hire someone in the mp asking for solo work I do not care the reason why they are asking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitsandworms View Post
sassysuzie
you wonder why somepeople hire more that one worker.
I know this has happened to me before, I will click on someone to hire them, wait for a reply, if there is no reply in say 10 seconds i will try to hire another worker, they take the job, in the mean time the first worker returns to the computer, notices there is a request to ork and clicks yes, and then I have two workers now,
Now while I see your point I think only waiting 10 seconds is a little to fast, you need to give people a fighting chance to respond to you they don't need to be sitting mouse in hand ready to jump at a request when it comes up. This is a farming game not a game of who can click the fastest.
__________________



Visit Dolphin's Cove


My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Reply With Quote
  #892  
Old May 05 2011, 04:07 PM
JAS0643's Avatar
JAS0643 JAS0643 is offline
Account Not Linked
 
Join Date: Jul 10 2009
Location: Kentucky, USA
Posts: 2,002
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorraine Millett Snyder View Post
I agree with you and I do the same thing Leave the rest.I think when they are hired the employer gets impatient with 1 X 1 so goes and gets someone else. there should be different markets for the 1x1 and 4x4 and now 5x5 . I am a 4.
If there was different markets how do you keep the 1x1 out of the other markets. Now lets say you can do that, do you really think people will go to the 1x1 market or even the 4x4 market to hire people. I don't they will all go to the 5x5 and hop to get a combine person to make the work even quicker.
__________________



Visit Dolphin's Cove


My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Reply With Quote
  #893  
Old May 05 2011, 04:40 PM
sassysuzie sassysuzie is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 25 2009
Posts: 4
Default

I don't think for a minute 1x1's should have their own market or anyone else for that matter. I was a 1x1 once and I know how it feels to have a 4x4 come barreling into a farm and take everything. Now that I have a 4x4 I want to be fair. I don't mind sharing at all. And of course you have the right to hire as many workers as you want. I'm only stating my opinion from a worker's point of view. Happy Farming everyone!
Reply With Quote
  #894  
Old May 05 2011, 05:14 PM
Grumpa Grumpa is offline
Getting Started ( Level 1 )
 
Join Date: Sep 10 2009
Location: Perry, Fl
Posts: 394
Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassysuzie View Post
I have a 4x4 harvester and plower. When I go to a farm, I start clearing right away. Many times after beginning the job, I realize there is another worker who is more times than not a worker with no tools. At that point, I state I am leaving the rest of the work for that other worker. It just doesn't seem fair to pit workers with tools against workers with no tools. When a worker is hired first, that worker deserves to work the whole farm. And why do people hire more than one worker anyway? I don't think there is a solution for this issue but I just had to vent. Ok. Done. Have a nice day. :-)
I have hired workers where I do not see a response from 1 of them so I end up with more than 1. If I have more work of the same type on another farm I will rehire the second person for that.

On another note, I now work 4x & 5x depending on how I am hired but I still can and do work 1x.

Just as in real life some people singe using the 8 note scale ( Do, Ri, Me ect. ) while others only no 2 notes which are Do Mi. Not only do they sing that way but they think that way, everything is for them (me me me me )

I have been working at 4 or 5x when someone else starts 1x and I will either say I will only do half or drop into 1x mode, depending on how much time I have or if I can get a chat going .

I have been working with others at 1x, working is a corner by myself when some with the tools comes in and just rips through everything.

There is a 2 note person. but I remember what goes around comes around and the best saying of all is the will in the end get what they deserve.

It is a bata game that we are all working the bugs out, we should enjoy playing the game. and just like in real life there are people that look and act like a jack ***.
__________________

Visit 's Farm


DB:W200, MPS:F4
Reply With Quote
  #895  
Old May 05 2011, 06:33 PM
topmop topmop is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 20 2010
Posts: 78
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassysuzie View Post
I have a 4x4 harvester and plower. When I go to a farm, I start clearing right away. Many times after beginning the job, I realize there is another worker who is more times than not a worker with no tools. At that point, I state I am leaving the rest of the work for that other worker. It just doesn't seem fair to pit workers with tools against workers with no tools. When a worker is hired first, that worker deserves to work the whole farm. And why do people hire more than one worker anyway? I don't think there is a solution for this issue but I just had to vent. Ok. Done. Have a nice day. :-)
I do the same thing but with one difference. When I say I'm leaving the rest for them, if there is no "thank you" I take it all. I believe in giving everyone a chance to be polite.
Reply With Quote
  #896  
Old May 05 2011, 07:35 PM
JAS0643's Avatar
JAS0643 JAS0643 is offline
Account Not Linked
 
Join Date: Jul 10 2009
Location: Kentucky, USA
Posts: 2,002
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by topmop View Post
I do the same thing but with one difference. When I say I'm leaving the rest for them, if there is no "thank you" I take it all. I believe in giving everyone a chance to be polite.
I hope you realize that some people play in full screen mode and cannot see chat. Just because someone does not respond to you does not mean they are being rude.
__________________



Visit Dolphin's Cove


My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Reply With Quote
  #897  
Old May 05 2011, 07:57 PM
jdl786 jdl786 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 06 2010
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorraine Millett Snyder View Post
I agree with you and I do the same thing Leave the rest.I think when they are hired the employer gets impatient with 1 X 1 so goes and gets someone else. there should be different markets for the 1x1 and 4x4 and now 5x5 . I am a 4.


I'll tell you why I end up hiring two workers even though I attempt to NEVER hire more than one.

I'll click on a person to work and get no reply at all. I will then go back to my farm, wait several seconds, and then go back to the market to hire someone else.

I'll hire this person, go 'with them' to my farm and without fail, the other person shows up. They never answered my hiring request and I never agreed to hire them yet they WILL be there. WHY??? Who knows...

I've emailed the game people about this and have never received any answer. Then I have to apoligize to my workers for having to much help.

Oh wellll,
Jim
Reply With Quote
  #898  
Old May 05 2011, 08:09 PM
jdl786 jdl786 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 06 2010
Posts: 5
Default

At some point everyone was a 1X1. I like the 4X and 5X as much as anyone but almost always hire the 1X1.
Why??
Because there is really no major hurry. I can do any catch-up that needs doing, go to the market and sell, fish, do my trees or even switch to Farmville and work until the person is ready to plow.
And the 1X1 person won't become a 4x4 unless they get a chance to work.
Reply With Quote
  #899  
Old May 06 2011, 05:08 PM
KimberlyAnnie's Avatar
KimberlyAnnie KimberlyAnnie is offline
Account Not Linked
 
Join Date: Feb 25 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 5
Default

My 2 cents on working solo. I work solo only because if there are others working on a farm it lags so badly that I can hardly move. It's not greed. I'm happy with my level, coins, inventory, etc. Why does it lag? Who knows? Could be the game (it's ALWAYS worse when they come out with upgrades or new items), could be my computer, could be a combination. Whatever the reason for the lag, that lag is the reason I work solo.

I also wish we had the "fire" option. I once had a girl working 1x1 on a large farm of nothing but crops. After about 50 she stopped. I waited awhile then asked if she was still there. No reply. Refreshed the game and she was still standing there so I sent her a note. She replied that she was on the phone and would finish soon. I left the farm, hired for other farms, etc. Went and took a shower. Total time elapsed = about 45 minutes. She was still in the same place. So I went and hired someone else to finish the job and she immediately sent me a nasty note saying she planned on finishing when she was done on the phone. (I won't give you the details of her word choices). So she could type, but not click the mouse while talking on the phone???
I've had other bad experiences, but that was the worst.
Reply With Quote
  #900  
Old May 07 2011, 12:20 PM
JAS0643's Avatar
JAS0643 JAS0643 is offline
Account Not Linked
 
Join Date: Jul 10 2009
Location: Kentucky, USA
Posts: 2,002
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyAnnie View Post
My 2 cents on working solo. I work solo only because if there are others working on a farm it lags so badly that I can hardly move. It's not greed. I'm happy with my level, coins, inventory, etc. Why does it lag? Who knows? Could be the game (it's ALWAYS worse when they come out with upgrades or new items), could be my computer, could be a combination. Whatever the reason for the lag, that lag is the reason I work solo.
Some things to try to help the lag. First turn off the floating xps and coins, you will not believe how much that alone will help you out. Second go to this link http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager07.html
and do two things. First set the limit to a higher limit, I have mine on 10mb. Second clear out your farm town data either by deleting all sites or looking for chn,slashkey.com and deleting that one. Deleting all will not hurt anything it will just make all websites that use flash get fresh data on the next load. Third thing to try is a different browser, I use Fire fox and chrome with no problems, I left IE behind long ago.

Quote:
I also wish we had the "fire" option. I once had a girl working 1x1 on a large farm of nothing but crops. After about 50 she stopped. I waited awhile then asked if she was still there. No reply. Refreshed the game and she was still standing there so I sent her a note. She replied that she was on the phone and would finish soon. I left the farm, hired for other farms, etc. Went and took a shower. Total time elapsed = about 45 minutes. She was still in the same place. So I went and hired someone else to finish the job and she immediately sent me a nasty note saying she planned on finishing when she was done on the phone. (I won't give you the details of her word choices). So she could type, but not click the mouse while talking on the phone???
I've had other bad experiences, but that was the worst.
A fire button is a very bad idea. In this case it would be a case where it should be used but it would be very abused by others. When she said she was on the phone I would have hired someone else to finish the job I wouldn't have waited 45 minutes. I have hired people that have the 4x4 and they will click the mouse then wait a minute and click again, then wait a minute and click again. While I do not expect people to finish in 2 seconds and don't even mind waiting on a 1x1 to do the job, they need to be working at a reasonable speed. If they are being very slow I go hire someone else to finish the job.
__________________



Visit Dolphin's Cove


My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
chopping, hire multiple, hired harvest plow, waste

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:54 PM.