Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Jul 12 2017, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiel29 View Post
Hi Mary - its not just FB or Farm Town its everything - google Chrome just freezes and you have to reboot. I deleted it as per their instructions on the website and now it wont download again at all - I get some silly error message. Im going to try downloading it onto a USB stick at my daughter's and putting it on here but if that doesn't work Im stumped. It did work OK until Windows 10 updated the last time.
Thanks anyway
Hi maggiel29

I found a link from Chrome help. I'm sending it to you by private message, hope it will help you.
Old Jul 12 2017, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi maggiel29

I found a link from Chrome help. I'm sending it to you by private message, hope it will help you.
Thank you SO much

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Jul 12 2017, 02:09 PM

Hi all,

Question: Is the EX Harvest Plant tool only up to x7? I thought they released a larger one recently and I could use it.

Problem: Using my x7 EX H/P/P tool, it's still leaving grid images on my farm for many seconds and those fields are not disapearing as they should. Plus, the save icon goes up to 7 and even 8 when I'm using it. My farm isn't cluttered. Yes, I cleared memcache frequently and even the history on my browser.

Barbs
Old Jul 12 2017, 02:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Barbie View Post
Hi all,

Question: Is the EX Harvest Plant tool only up to x7? I thought they released a larger one recently and I could use it.

Problem: Using my x7 EX H/P/P tool, it's still leaving grid images on my farm for many seconds and those fields are not disapearing as they should. Plus, the save icon goes up to 7 and even 8 when I'm using it. My farm isn't cluttered. Yes, I cleared memcache frequently and even the history on my browser.

Barbs
Hi Barbs,
Yes the EX x7 tools are the highest for those currently. What they released this time is the higher Tree Shaker and Flower Harvester.

If your save icon is going up that high that is why the fields are not disappearing as quickly as they should. From what you are saying it sounds like your internet is not sending update of the data very fast and that is why you are seeing the high numbers on the Save button. Memcache only clears the server and forces it to reload. That would not have anything to do with how fast your harvesting is updated to the server.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 12 2017, 05:54 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Hi Everyone, from Raul's notes >>

Post-Release Updates - July 12th, 6:10PM

- We released a change an hour ago to comply with some mandatory changes required by Facebook in relation to posting to user walls. We just discovered that this change had a bug and will cause the wall posts made during this time to not appear correctly in the Farmtown Wall Request section, you can still click the link but the images and text may be missing.

This bug is now fixed and posts made moving forward should look as usual.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Jul 12 2017, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Barbs,
Yes the EX x7 tools are the highest for those currently. What they released this time is the higher Tree Shaker and Flower Harvester.

If your save icon is going up that high that is why the fields are not disappearing as quickly as they should. From what you are saying it sounds like your internet is not sending update of the data very fast and that is why you are seeing the high numbers on the Save button. Memcache only clears the server and forces it to reload. That would not have anything to do with how fast your harvesting is updated to the server.
This happened even when the cable is plugged directly into my computer and not using wifi or dsl - straight cable to computer. It's been a problem ongoing, and even worse after the fix that's supposed to speed things up, etc.
Old Jul 13 2017, 10:27 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

My report today is the same as yesterday, the only farm i see having problems is my farm 9 where I have all the sea coasts, small and large, and the ships.. still some of the small sea coasts are showing vertical where they are supposed to be horizontal and it so happens that that i where the ships are sitting on, that is it for today, thanks

Celina
Old Jul 13 2017, 10:40 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Belle View Post
My report today is the same as yesterday, the only farm i see having problems is my farm 9 where I have all the sea coasts, small and large, and the ships.. still some of the small sea coasts are showing vertical where they are supposed to be horizontal and it so happens that that i where the ships are sitting on, that is it for today, thanks

Celina
Hi Celine,
Have you tried turning them back around to horizontal? It could have been that they shifted when that update was released, but there isn't any way that we can turn them back.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 13 2017, 11:06 AM

I hope it is FaceBook screwing around some more and not FT adjusting to their screwups, but now the links generated for having people to help work facilities and service clients have gone from approx 200 characters to over 1000 characters, turning the links into huge and strange looking links. Kind of scary when you see for the first time.
Old Jul 13 2017, 11:30 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdaddie View Post
I hope it is FaceBook screwing around some more and not FT adjusting to their screwups, but now the links generated for having people to help work facilities and service clients have gone from approx 200 characters to over 1000 characters, turning the links into huge and strange looking links. Kind of scary when you see for the first time.
Hi mcdaddie,
Can you post a screen capture of one of these? We aren't seeing anything different on them.
Closed Thread