Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Sep 17 2011, 02:22 PM

Answer me this: our flowers need water but will be ready to harvest in 2 hours and they can wait that long - a neighbor comes by and waters our flowers - can I use the red irrigation tool on my flowers after I harvest them if somebody just watered them an hour earlier? If not, then this is still a problem. We need the ability to not disallow neighbors to water. I've figured out everything else on the red irrigation tool and I love it now that I'm down to keeping track of everything on paper for planning purposes.
Old Sep 17 2011, 04:59 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirl62: the reason the red sprinkler does not work on crops less then 2d...is because it is for ONCE A DAY...which means the 1d crops would b ready in 12hours....which in turn is TWICE a day...the 8h crops could be planted three times a day...

Answered by tnbskts: don't think people are saying it doesn't work, they're just saying it isn't the optimal use of the red sprinkler since you can't speed up a short-term crop and then go back and immediately speed up a longer one.
I find I love it for short term crops as well; in the late afternoon, or early evening, I can harvest a crop that was long term, and watered more than 20 hrs before to speed it up...then plant anything up to a 12 or 8 hr crop (depending on how long I want to stay up) use the red sprinkler, harvest it before bed, and plant a 12 hr crop without the sprinkler to harvest the next morning. It means that technically I get two sped up crops in one day...even tho' I only watered once or that is how I look at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianedrayson View Post
I too want my brown sprinkler back. I have some farms that have flowers for decoration. I now have to look at them dead and brown as I can't water them without affecting all my trees....
Someone already told you, I believe that the trees will not be affected by the sprinkler (tho' that would be wonderful...lol) but I to have some flowers for decoration, and discovered quite by accident that there is a delightful addition to the flower choices, that I never had noticed or read about somehow ...to freeze their growth...this not only keeps them at their peak, but also makes it impossible to harvest them, or it has so far...I love it, because I had other flowers next to them and had to harvest them one at a time to spare the others. My farm one has two large decorations involving flowers, and until I decided to raise others this was not a prob...NOW this was a surprise 'gift' I am so grateful for !!
Old Sep 17 2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel7 View Post
Answer me this: our flowers need water but will be ready to harvest in 2 hours and they can wait that long - a neighbor comes by and waters our flowers - can I use the red irrigation tool on my flowers after I harvest them if somebody just watered them an hour earlier? If not, then this is still a problem. We need the ability to not disallow neighbors to water. I've figured out everything else on the red irrigation tool and I love it now that I'm down to keeping track of everything on paper for planning purposes.
Having neighbours water your flowers shouldn't affect how you use the red sprinkler; that sprinkler is only interested in how long since you watered your own flowers.

However, people have been reporting that their use of the red sprinkler has been affected by neighbours watering their flowers, and this is something the devs are aware of and are working on, because it wasn't meant to be like that.

Last edited by tnbskts; Sep 17 2011 at 10:36 PM.
Old Sep 17 2011, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbskts View Post
Having neighbours water your flowers shouldn't affect how you use the red sprinkler; that sprinkler is only interested in how long since you watered your own flowers.

However, people have been reporting that their use of the red sprinkler has been affected by neighbours watering their flowers, and this is something the devs are aware of and are working on, because it wasn't meant to be like that.
well actually it was meant to be that way, they just realized it was a stupid way to do and decided to change it. which shows that they do pay attentiomn after the fact on some things, so kudos to them
Old Sep 17 2011, 10:53 PM

Well, according to the OP of this thread, Raul said that it's OK if someone waters your farm in the meantime; it's just that people were finding that it wasn't OK.
Old Sep 17 2011, 11:32 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor farmtown View Post
well actually it was meant to be that way, they just realized it was a stupid way to do and decided to change it. which shows that they do pay attentiomn after the fact on some things, so kudos to them
On the red sprinkler the developers never meant for other people watering your farm to stop you from watering your farm with the red sprinkler. Raul said when he posted this thread that it would not matter if other people watered your farm you could still water your own farm and speed up growth. What I have found is that if someone only has flowers and no crops on a farm if someone else waters them they can not water their flowers but if they plant just one field of a crop on that farm they can water the flowers and speed up growth. So there is just a little glitch the devs need to work out there. Not everything can work perfectly every single time. They will get it working the way it should soon and all will be happy.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Sep 18 2011, 02:21 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
On the red sprinkler the developers never meant for other people watering your farm to stop you from watering your farm with the red sprinkler. Raul said when he posted this thread that it would not matter if other people watered your farm you could still water your own farm and speed up growth. What I have found is that if someone only has flowers and no crops on a farm if someone else waters them they can not water their flowers but if they plant just one field of a crop on that farm they can water the flowers and speed up growth. So there is just a little glitch the devs need to work out there. Not everything can work perfectly every single time. They will get it working the way it should soon and all will be happy.
Thanks Jas. I was going mad today trying to get my irrigator to work on the flower farm. It finally worked on about the fifth visit to the farm. I will now go and put in one plot, just to remind myself to plant something next time it doesn't work.
Old Sep 18 2011, 02:36 PM

So, I checked the timing of the updates after an upgrade that included a new farm, and the last two were 21 days... It's been 18, so maybe we will get some new toys this week to play with!!! I hope it will include new tools to help fill more of the facilities. I am sick of the game timing out because of all of the extra data needed to open the facilities without a tool to load from the facility manager!

---Jerry

Farmtown: Where everyone can play the way they want to play, and still enjoy a great game together!

My Quest Plot Farm
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...1897&farm_ix=2
Old Sep 18 2011, 03:44 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcassemjr View Post
So, I checked the timing of the updates after an upgrade that included a new farm, and the last two were 21 days... It's been 18, so maybe we will get some new toys this week to play with!!! I hope it will include new tools to help fill more of the facilities. I am sick of the game timing out because of all of the extra data needed to open the facilities without a tool to load from the facility manager!
Personally, Jerry, I find it easier to fill facilities from my farm than from the facilities manager. My computer is slow but if for any reason I have to visit all my farms, I now empty barns and fill mines from the farm locations too. (With a schedule, you only have to do 1-2 sets of mines per day, so it's not too bad.) The facility manager is much slower than the actual facilities and I only use it when it's absolutely necessary. I've decided it's faster to empty the facilities as I fill them than to do it through the manager too.
Old Sep 18 2011, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianedrayson View Post
Personally, Jerry, I find it easier to fill facilities from my farm than from the facilities manager. My computer is slow but if for any reason I have to visit all my farms, I now empty barns and fill mines from the farm locations too. (With a schedule, you only have to do 1-2 sets of mines per day, so it's not too bad.) The facility manager is much slower than the actual facilities and I only use it when it's absolutely necessary. I've decided it's faster to empty the facilities as I fill them than to do it through the manager too.
I've tried that too, but then find that since I have multiples of several facilities, and I may end up storing products on a later farm that I need on the current farm. Either way, it still would be nice to have a "Start All" button for several more facilities, since it will speed up the process. I often find that it takes about 1 to 1 1/2 hours to run through all of the facilities.

I'm the type of player that likes to maximize the Diversification Rank, so that means I'm going for 100% utilization in each facility. Some time that means I have to go back and pick up & refill the items that have finished while I am working through all of the facilities.

Anything that will make this move a little quicker, will bring just that much more enjoyment from the game.

---Jerry

Farmtown: Where everyone can play the way they want to play, and still enjoy a great game together!

My Quest Plot Farm
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...1897&farm_ix=2
Closed Thread