Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Apr 06 2010, 08:19 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanse View Post
Why aren't my chicken laying eggs? I get goose eggs but I can't make cheesecake with them :-(
Chickens dont lay eggs they are too small.
Only hens and geese lay eggs and both have to be gifted.
Old Apr 06 2010, 09:19 PM

Default Making Chocolate Liquor without the facility?

I have a farm that doesn't have enough "cash" for a chocolate factory but has cocoa trees on it. Is there a way to process the cocoa beans into chocolate liquor? Or is this food item not available any other way? I noticed for some reason I did have a few "liquors" in my storage without the facility but have not been able to reproduce it.

And while I'm at it with the questions, why can't we use the goose eggs for baking or goat's cheese?
Old Apr 06 2010, 09:53 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehufarm View Post
I have a farm that doesn't have enough "cash" for a chocolate factory but has cocoa trees on it. Is there a way to process the cocoa beans into chocolate liquor? Or is this food item not available any other way? I noticed for some reason I did have a few "liquors" in my storage without the facility but have not been able to reproduce it.

And while I'm at it with the questions, why can't we use the goose eggs for baking or goat's cheese?
There are 2 ways to get chocolate liquor.

1. Have a chocolate factory and make your own.
  2. Work at a friend's chocolate factory
When you work at a friend's facility the farm town mayor gives you a percentage of what you complete for free. This comes from the mayor's supply not your friends supply.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Apr 06 2010, 10:01 PM

I wish you could sell flowers via the flower shop...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
Hey there,

We have launched a few new facilities recently:

Please provide feedback and suggestions.

Thanks

--Raul
Old Apr 06 2010, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
There are 2 ways to get chocolate liquor.

1. Have a chocolate factory and make your own.
  2. Work at a friend's chocolate factory
When you work at a friend's facility the farm town mayor gives you a percentage of what you complete for free. This comes from the mayor's supply not your friends supply.

That is what I do and I get a decent amount. Enough to bake chocolate cakes and chocolate chip cookies.
Old Apr 07 2010, 08:03 AM

Why can't u expand the juice facility to also produce pear,mango,lemon juice since those fruits really go to waste ? and use the banana,coconut & plum tree's also in either a desert etc ?.Chocolate factory could also produce deserts like choc mouse ?
Old Apr 07 2010, 01:51 PM

I really like the new facilities and have all but the chocolate factory, and will probably end up getting it as well. What I don't like is that people keep posting they want hellp in theirs over and over again. If you are on when they post the first time, it will probably be worth the trip. However, I have gone on a new post only to find out that it only had a tiny bit left in any of its facilities to do. I wouldn't post mine with so little. One can always just let it produce until you get enough to make it worth someone's efforts to come. Besides that, if you help when it only have like 8, you still can't help again for 24 hours. I have decided to post mine once every day and a half or so. Those coming at the beginning should do pretty well. What is left, can just produce till I go to post again and add more to make it worth peoples while to visit. Also, posting it this period of time apart, no one should come only to find out they have already visited for that day already and not be able to help at all. I guess I will just have to start keeping better track of who I have already visited that day.
Old Apr 07 2010, 02:36 PM

Could we have a coffe factory (and tea plants and tea factory), then we can produce coffe - and then we could have a nice little coffe/ tea shop that could serve cakes, tea and coffe?

Perhaps it could be done in such a way that anyone visiting the farm could have a cuppa, even without having been invited?

I also wish that we could work in our neighbour's factories without having to be invited (a bit like fertilising friends crops in Farmville). It takes too much time to go to a farm from facebook, working, leaving Farm town, finding another job etc. Perhaps a factory with work going on could have a little sign sayin "help hired" - then we could "work" in the factories while tending our neighbour's farms.

Other than that, very happy with the new facilities!
Old Apr 07 2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynthiaSue View Post
I really like the new facilities and have all but the chocolate factory, and will probably end up getting it as well. What I don't like is that people keep posting they want hellp in theirs over and over again. If you are on when they post the first time, it will probably be worth the trip. However, I have gone on a new post only to find out that it only had a tiny bit left in any of its facilities to do. I wouldn't post mine with so little. One can always just let it produce until you get enough to make it worth someone's efforts to come. Besides that, if you help when it only have like 8, you still can't help again for 24 hours. I have decided to post mine once every day and a half or so. Those coming at the beginning should do pretty well. What is left, can just produce till I go to post again and add more to make it worth peoples while to visit. Also, posting it this period of time apart, no one should come only to find out they have already visited for that day already and not be able to help at all. I guess I will just have to start keeping better track of who I have already visited that day.
Yes, some of my neighbors have gotten a little carried away posting. They seem to think they need to post every time they load a few things in their facilities.

I could see some circumstances when it might be worth it to post more than once a day...like if you have a lot of work left and have friends around the globe. But, I've had good luck just posting once a day. Then anything I load after that will be there in the morning when I post again.

I like the idea of one big payday for everyone. Load those facilities up!
Old Apr 07 2010, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trude View Post
Could we have a coffe factory (and tea plants and tea factory), then we can produce coffe - and then we could have a nice little coffe/ tea shop that could serve cakes, tea and coffe?

Perhaps it could be done in such a way that anyone visiting the farm could have a cuppa, even without having been invited?

I also wish that we could work in our neighbour's factories without having to be invited (a bit like fertilising friends crops in Farmville). It takes too much time to go to a farm from facebook, working, leaving Farm town, finding another job etc. Perhaps a factory with work going on could have a little sign sayin "help hired" - then we could "work" in the factories while tending our neighbour's farms.

Other than that, very happy with the new facilities!
I like having to invite people for a couple of reasons.

One, it lets me control things a bit and really load my facilities so everyone is making some serious coin.

Two, I loath the idea of running from farm to farm hoping to get lucky and score a measly 2 bags of flour and an apple pie. At least this way you know there is, or was, something in production.
Closed Thread