Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Jul 11 2018, 01:09 PM

Hi, I've been playing FT on and off for years now. But have recently returned after a long break to find that I am unable to do any fishing.

Every time I log into the game all the water shows as ready in 19.9hrs. Today I've been logged in for four hours and the timer has dropped to 15.9hrs. Tomorrow it will have returned to 19.9hrs.

I've bought some new water since my return but that it acting in the same way. I have a fishing boat and plenty of bait. Just cannot figure out what is wrong with it. It's the only part of the game that is not acting as I remember it doing.

I've looked through some threads on here but it doesn't seem that anyone else has had, or is having the same problem. Hope someone out there knows the solution to the problem.

Many thanks in advance.
Old Jul 11 2018, 01:43 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusiLupi View Post
Hi, I've been playing FT on and off for years now. But have recently returned after a long break to find that I am unable to do any fishing.

Every time I log into the game all the water shows as ready in 19.9hrs. Today I've been logged in for four hours and the timer has dropped to 15.9hrs. Tomorrow it will have returned to 19.9hrs.

I've bought some new water since my return but that it acting in the same way. I have a fishing boat and plenty of bait. Just cannot figure out what is wrong with it. It's the only part of the game that is not acting as I remember it doing.

I've looked through some threads on here but it doesn't seem that anyone else has had, or is having the same problem. Hope someone out there knows the solution to the problem.

Many thanks in advance.
Hi SusiLupi,

I had a look at the waters you have on farm 1. Some of the waters have been fished but some of them are showing ready to fish now. Any new waters you place take time until they are ready to be fished, coin waters take a day, Farm Cash waters take 8 hours.

Please take a look at your waters on farm one and see if you can also see some of the waters are ready to fish.

Please also check all aspects of the time and date are showing correct on your computer, as if any part is incorrect , it can mess with timings on the farms.
Old Jul 11 2018, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne View Post
Hi SusiLupi,

I had a look at the waters you have on farm 1. Some of the waters have been fished but some of them are showing ready to fish now. Any new waters you place take time until they are ready to be fished, coin waters take a day, Farm Cash waters take 8 hours.

Please take a look at your waters on farm one and see if you can also see some of the waters are ready to fish.

Please also check all aspects of the time and date are showing correct on your computer, as if any part is incorrect , it can mess with timings on the farms.
Hi Tiger Laybourne,

The waters on all my farms currently show as "grown in 14.5hrs" for me. I have been randomly clicking on them, so it seems they are working, but just not showing me that I'm catching anything. Odd. The date and time on my PC are correct.

I'll go and click some more and then check my storage.

Many thanks for your response.

Update: The waters are vanishing when they are empty, and the catch is going into storage. The messages on screen are still wrong, but I can live with that. :-)

Last edited by SusiLupi; Jul 11 2018 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Updated information
Old Jul 11 2018, 04:31 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusiLupi View Post
Hi Tiger Laybourne,

The waters on all my farms currently show as "grown in 14.5hrs" for me. I have been randomly clicking on them, so it seems they are working, but just not showing me that I'm catching anything. Odd. The date and time on my PC are correct.

I'll go and click some more and then check my storage.

Many thanks for your response.

Update: The waters are vanishing when they are empty, and the catch is going into storage. The messages on screen are still wrong, but I can live with that. :-)
Hi SusiLupi,

As you have fished the waters at different times today, they will be out of sync now, unless you wait a day, since you last fished any of them, until they all show ready and then fish them all at once.

If you do decide to leave them all for a full day and they still show different times, all i can think you can do is put them all into storage and then place them back out on the farm to reset the times.
Old Jul 22 2018, 07:13 AM
Account Not Linked

Default Bait

I looked through the Game Guide on Bait but couldn't find an answer. I can probably wait until tomorrow when my ponds are ready again but a little impatient this morning. So, here goes:

When you use bait, am I correct in guessing that you use 1 bait for each fish you catch? Example, Small Sea Coast has 122 fish (one of them). If I have 125 bait and fish that Sea Coast, will I have 3 left? Meaning, it uses one bait for every fish I catch? Or, is there some other multiplier (besides 1-to-1) that calculates bait usage?

Randy
Old Jul 22 2018, 10:42 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustHikk View Post
I looked through the Game Guide on Bait but couldn't find an answer. I can probably wait until tomorrow when my ponds are ready again but a little impatient this morning. So, here goes:

When you use bait, am I correct in guessing that you use 1 bait for each fish you catch? Example, Small Sea Coast has 122 fish (one of them). If I have 125 bait and fish that Sea Coast, will I have 3 left? Meaning, it uses one bait for every fish I catch? Or, is there some other multiplier (besides 1-to-1) that calculates bait usage?

Randy
Hi Randy,
I moved your post to the subject thread about bait.
Yes you use 1 bait per fish.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 22 2018, 11:14 AM
Account Not Linked

Thank you.
Old Jul 28 2018, 07:21 PM

Default Squid

Can you add squid to the farm fishing plant? I never have enough.
Old Jul 28 2018, 07:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmgalpatti View Post
Can you add squid to the farm fishing plant? I never have enough.
Hi Farmgalpatti,
I moved your post to the subject thread about fishing.
If you wish to make a suggestion please post it in the Suggestions section. You can not start a new thread in that section, but can reply to one that fits your suggestion.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 24 2018, 04:42 PM

A personal quest requires that I catch salmon. I own two lakes with boat and dock, I also own the small lake- all of which are suppose to have salmon in them, I fished all three of these lakes and my quest is still asking me to catch salmon. I am now at a loss as to what to do because there was clearly no salmon in the lakes which are suppose to have salmon.

Tags
bait, fish, fishing, fishing rod, ponds, sea coast, turbo boat, waters