Go Back   Farm Town > Social Forums > Farm Town Social

Old Dec 18 2017, 05:36 AM

Default A FT Christmas Carol

It's that time of year .... again. Christmas is right around the corner and the time has come to revive the true story of
"The FT Christmas Carol"

Chapter One will appear later today. I hope you enjoy it.
Old Dec 18 2017, 09:33 AM

A FT Christmas Carol

Chapter 1 of 4

The avatar ghost, Barley, was dead… no doubt about it, wilted and wasted after 3 days. Stonescrooge knew that Barley, the cropper was gone for good. No “re-vives” on these farms, like that other silly place called Soilville. But now even the mention of his lost avatar friend or lost crops was a subject Stonescrooge refused to discuss.

Now all of Stonescrooge’s efforts and goals were those of a greedy tightwad. Save pennies on fertilizer. Don’t over use the green or purple sprinkler. And, heaven forbid, create every farm with staggered crops. Just keep accumulating the coin and ignore the neighbors, ………and hoard crops and products.

Neighbors avoided Stonescrooge. No one would work his farms… he was too cheap and expected only one worker to do it all on every farm…… and work all day….without tools or access to his fuel of course. Since the farm day was only 20 hours, the worker could still enjoy 4 hours of sleep each day. But what did Stonescrooge care. He actually preferred to farm alone. He liked very few neighbors, and the few he had better keep their distance.

While counting his coin one night, his nephew came to visit. Taz D only had a few farms, but he was a happy sort of fellow…. all the more irritating to StoneScrooge. “Bah, hibiscus, nephew. You are poor, so why are you happy?”

“You are so rich, uncle, so why are you so grumpy? Let’s be real FB friends and FT neighbors who really help each other.” This was not the first time Taz D tried to reach StoneScrooge, and when there was no response, Taz D went back to his own farm, just as two moderators happened to come visiting.

The two, marymarcel and LazyMare, were concerned about the poor farmers without any farmcash. Although these avid farmers loved their farms, they had no way to enjoy the enhanced tools and facilities. marymarcel asked StoneScrooge “… would you consider sending a gift of $55 Farm Cash to a needy neighbor?”

StoneScrooge was irate! Asking him for precious farm cash was like taking the very air from his lungs, or worse – the copper sheets from his Metal Mill or Sheep Wool from his many sheds, or heaven forbid - petro barrels!!!

“Go away and leave me alone…..now! "It's not my business. It's enough for a man to understand his own business, and not to interfere with other people's. Mine occupies me constantly. Good afternoon, mods!" “ said the old curmudgeon as he refreshed his farm, hoping they would simply disappear. They did leave, to go about whatever other business mods go about….. when they are not busy with mod business.

Now it should be noted that the StoneScrooge toolbox was a bit different from all others. Along with the usual icons that signaled special tasks, was one strange icon that resembled his dead avatar friend, Barley. Over the years this icon faded in and out….. but always seemed to appear clearly at each new release. StoneScrooge was fearful of clicking this icon. Perhaps his whole farm would crash, or his valuable buildings would disappear.

The icon of Barley remained undisturbed.....until now.

Tonight was different. Tonight was unlike all others. Tonight something would change for StoneScrooge. He clicked on the icon of Barley.
Old Dec 19 2017, 09:06 AM

A FT Christmas Carol

Chapter 2 of 4

Stonescrooge opened the toolbox as he had done so many, many times before. Among the vast array of enhanced tools, the boats, the tree shakers, the plows and harvesters and fertilizers was the one he admired most…. The Facility Manager. Of them all, this icon opened the door to all his wealth, all his buildings and factories….. all his symbols of a greedy life as the site’s loneliest farmer. He counted his success by his Diversification Rank and the experience points he had amassed. Every Icon had been employed at times to build his empire. The Quests Icon had also become a source of pleasure and a means to acquire more cash; and the Social Lifeline was, to Stonescrooge, a despicable ploy to make him more social. Bah, hibiscus!!

As he sipped his nightly beverage, made from his own Distillery, Stonescrooge eyed the unused icon. It appeared to be more vibrant, and perhaps that was due to an impending New Release. It beckoned to him, again taunting him to right click, left click, just click. Perhaps by accident, perhaps by intent…..he clicked.

The farm did not crash. The buildings did not disappear. Far worse, the image of his long deceased avatar partner – Barley – slowly changed from a weak image to a cloudy image….to a full screen appearance of this friend from the past. Stonescrooge was frozen in astonishment … frozen as the animals on his farm…. frozen as the flowers he often suspended in their growth cycle.

"How now!" said Stonescrooge, caustic and cold as ever. "What do you want with me?"

"Much!" – yes, that was Barley's voice, no doubt about it. "Who are you?"

"Ask me who I was."

"Who were you then?" said Stonescrooge, raising his voice.

"In life I was your partner, Avatar Barley."

Stonescrooge fell upon his knees, and hid his face with his hands. "Mercy!" he said. "Dreadful apparition, why do you trouble me?"

"Man of the worldly mind!" replied Barley, "I still race around your farm without pattern or reason. I would travel with you to visit your neighbors…if ya ever bothered to do that. But I am just doomed to be an unused icon chained in your toolbox."

“Why are you chained in my toolbox, old friend Barley?”

"A result of my own free will Stonescrooge. This is a game full of choices we alone can make. I was like you, wanting to be alone, a recluse. Now I am shackled to the tool box, alone for all time – the whole 20 hours every day. You too will one day be only an icon, less than a memory for all the new players who join each day. They will ignore and forget.”

Stonescrooge trembled.

"At this time of a New Release," the apparition said "I suffer the most. Anticipation and anxiety and the will to kidnap a mod to speed up the release are strongest now. I spend my gaming time watching the forum, ignoring the help sites, even ignoring the moderators. Oh, poor me. Rich in life, and now poor in storage!"

"I am here now to warn you, that you have yet a chance and hope of escaping a similar tool box fate. You will be haunted," resumed Barley, by Three Avatar Farmer Spirits. The first will soon be here, just as your Gold Sundial (available for 1000coin) shows high noon. The others will follow, perhaps before the coming of the New Release."

Stonescrooge blinked… and Barley was gone. His laptop again looked normal, the keyboard waiting for a command to change farms, to harvest, to plant, to fish. But the old geezer just sat there, waiting for the visitor promised by Barley the Icon which now had come to life. Dare he go to the Market and look for this Farmer Spirit? Perhaps a worker there would actually be his salvation from the fate of the toolbox? No, he just sat and waited… so typical before a New Release….wait , then wait some more.

He touched his mouse, gently, hoping for something to happen. The clock on his computer showed that he had sat quietly for a whole day. Well, 20 hours anyway. And the sundial showed it was high noon. Nothing.

He touched the mouse again and jumped in his seat as the image of a farmer, in Random Look and original overalls appeared in the open field. “I am CraftyChris, the Spirit of Farmtown Past, your past. Come on, and walk erratic with me.”

They were quickly transported to a simple farm, small – no bigger than 24x24, and with no other farms adjoining. “What is this silly farm of no consequence,” asked Stonescrooge? Is this farmer so poor, yet he has a weird Red Mansion? The Spirit pointed to the farm owner… it was Stonescrooge himself, in a much younger day.

Around him happiness began to reign, for other farmers had come to harvest as many pineapples as possible, while others grappled for the points that came with plowing. So many farmers. And the owner smiled at the profits that might make his coin total reach two million. Wow. It was such a wonderful time. And next to Stonescrooge stood his sister, also a farmer in her own right. The fond memories of his sibling quieted him and he thought of the days when they would farm together, each on a laptop, sometimes in the same room, sometimes in different cities. And then he thought of the nephew, her avatar son TazD, who often tried to be friends - to no avail.

“So little makes all these farmers happy,” said CraftyChris the Spirit of Farmtown Past. Yet Stonescrooge saw himself just counting the coins, just demanding more work, just business and no happiness, even when the young pretty farmerette smiled at him. Oh my, the “work” that they could have enjoyed in his cheap red barn. Each time she visited, he ignored that happiness too. The developers had given him all he could need….but he wanted more. He had forgotten all those good times.

"No more!" cried Stonescrooge! "No more, I don't wish to see it! Show me no more!"

"I told you these were shadows of the things that have been," said the Spirit. "They are what they are, do not blame me!"

"Remove me, delete me if necessary!" Stonescrooge exclaimed, "I cannot bear it!"

The screen was automatically refreshed and Stonescrooge was again at his default farm, one of 34. The green dots of active neighbors shown bright. But they would not be visited this day, or any day if he had any say about it. The Gift Box? Empty as usual.

With a long slow sigh, Stonescrooge felt an uncomfortable relief of being alone again. But in moments he remembered, with some dread, the promise of Barley “You will be haunted by Three Avatar Farmer Spirits”
Old Dec 20 2017, 05:38 PM

A FT Christmas Carol,

Chapter 3 of 4 ..........part 1

A deep sleep did not prevent Stonescrooge from reliving, again and again, the events brought to him by the Spirit CraftyChris. He was distressed, worse even than those few times when he could not find his giftcard to acquire more farm cash, and purchase multiple coin-yielding facilities.

As he awoke, he thought of the second impending visit. He felt prepared for anything after CraftyChris trip to the years long ago. A glance at the Sundial told him it was time. Yet for another hour, nothing happened. No one appeared. Perhaps the first visit was only a dream… a vision or an image, not reality like Farmtown. Stonescrooge dismissed the whole previous day as if it did not exist. He grabbed his mouse, selected a farm, changed his appearance into appropriate plowing attire, and prepared to work in quiet…..until

The music icon sparkled and jumped as it came to a life of its own….a monotonous, never changing tune that can drive an avatar to jump into a lake… without a boat. It was both loud and incessant but was soon drowned out by a voice calling his name. “Stonescrooge…… Stonescrooge…. I am the Spirit of Farmtown Present. Look at me.”

Stonescrooge did, and he noticed the strange combination of robe, farmer boots, and a wide brimmed hat for shade….and a rusty well worn shovel which had probably dug up thousands of field stones. The robe was fur. It was the fur of the White Bengal Tiger. Thankfully it was not subject to Labor Day rules, and thus the Spirit, Knightrider by name, was not committing a fatal fashion faux pas with fuzzy faux fur.

“Have you ever seen me before, or walked with my neighbors?” asked Knightrider, The Spirit of Farmtown Present,

“I don’t think so” said Stonescrooge. “ Do you have many neighbors?”

“More than 200. The daily gifts are endless. And with each bonus, the number of products just keeps getting bigger and bigger. And I can easily store multiples of all the holiday items.”

Stonescrooge was impressed. But he knew the Spirit was not here to gloat, but to travel. Submissively, he said “Take me where you will. I think I learned a lesson last night. Maybe I shall learn another during my time with you.

“Touch my tiger,” said Knightrider.

In a blink, they were off on the second adventure, and soon found themselves in the midst of a city, sprawling over an expanded 36x36 land mass. Houses, public buildings, restaurants, and even a hospital, church, and Movie Theatre lined asphalt roads decorated with a wide variety of trees and flowers. Trucks and cars stood still, but what the heck… the city theme worked regardless .
Old Dec 21 2017, 08:25 AM

A FT Christmas Carol

....part 2

Numerous avatars were making their way to the town Church as the workers in the Dinner Restaurant, the Latin American Restaurant and the assortment of fish eateries all prepared for the day’s customers. A particular group of farm laborers, not illegals we would hope, appeared to interest Knightrider very much as Knightrider and Stonescrooge stood in the bakery doorway invisible to all who passed. They continued their journey and, as they walked the streets, they came to a Brown House (70K under buildings), simple, clean, and worth 701 exps.

With all these people in the city, Stonescrooge wondered who was working in this, the Farmtown present. “Are you responsible for all the farmers taking time away from necessary work? Have you taken it upon yourself to mod-ify what needs to be done?” asked the grumpy old man.

The White Tiger, Knightrider responded “I do not interfere with a farmer’s work. There are some upon this site who claim to know us, be of help to us, to even be us. They mod-ify their addiction through acts of kindness and support. But, to be sure, only the un-modified, the true Farmer Spirits know crucial things like development and release of any guarded secrets. We do our best and care deeply that all will be happy.”

It was a remarkable quality, thought Stonescrooge, even for someone in such a, well, different, attire.

They approached the Brown House and Tiger Knightrider pointed to the name on the door. BeaverDuster Notamod. Old Stonescrooge was taken aback, and realized he had not even given a thought to where his office assistant lived….not a thought to a wife, and family….not a thought to how far his home was from the office in Stonescrooge’s drafty old Stone Barn. “Hmm, so BeaverDuster has a life outside the work I give him! I must remember to give him more work!! Next thing I know he will be organizing those anonymous addicts, perhaps even forming a union, or worse – a thread. Bah, hibiscus.”

BeaverDuster was not home yet from laborious hours at work for very few coins. His family joined in preparing their evening dinner, , Mrs Notamod setting the table with help from daughters TexasBelle and Maggiel29 and son EarlGray carefully watching the pot, which somehow would not boil.

“Where ever could your father be.” said Mrs Notamod. “And your brother Tiny Raul, and your sister Mags?”

But then, in walked Mags with her contribution to the dinner - a goose (available only as a gift). And soon the two young Notamods exclaimed in unison “father’s coming !” They all tried, in vain, to hide in the small house to surprise BeaverDuster who came through the door in his threadbare clothes, with Tiny Raul upon his shoulder. For Tiny Raul used a crutch to support the glitches in his limbs.

The whole family was together….and happy in their simple life.

“How did Raul behave,” asked Mrs Notamod

"As good as gold from the Mineral Mine," said BeaverDuster, "and better. Somehow he gets thoughtful sitting by himself so much, and thinks the strangest things you ever heard. He told me, coming home, that he hoped the people saw him in the church because many have no idea where he is or what he looks like, because he is like a secluded developer."

Dinner was soon served. What a wonderful goose it was. And when the table was cleared, they all shared in fresh juices from the Juice Factory, shared in the activities of the day, and shared in their anticipation of a new Release which might bring them some comfort… and coin!

“KnightRider, Spirit, tell me if Tiny Raul will be with us in years to come.” said Stonescrooge.

“I see a vacant cubicle,” replied the Spirit Tiger Knightrider, in a glass building in Miami or somewhere. If glitches are not fixed, then Tiny Raul will be no more.”

“No, no,” said Stonescrooge, “Be kind, help him.”

“If the trains do not work, if the pop ups are not fixed, if the price of factories and tools is not addressed….and more importantly, if farmers do not help find and invite new and more players….Tiny Raul’s future may be in another virtual site.”

The somber moment was interrupted by KnightRider as he exclaimed “Let us toast to the Founder of the Feast. I give you Mr Stonescrooge, my employer.”

"The Founder of the Feast indeed!" cried Mrs Notamod, reddening. "I wish I had him here. I'd give him a piece of my mind to feast upon, and I hope he'd have a good appetite for it. But I will drink to his health. Sake for your sake. Happy New Release Day to all.”

They were not a rich family, or a famous family, nor a pompous family. They were simply a happy family, and Stonescrooge took it all in.

Without warning, he and the Spirit Tiger KnightRider were now standing out in the mountains, bare and bleak, and scattered - not joined - after the disappearance of the dirt paths. Then on to open seas, then open spaces. Many, many farms left untended and abandoned, now falling apart without the attendance of their owners – now only good for 15 additional storage spots, and not much else.

Soon they came to rest in a bright well decorated room in a home available only to high levels with lots of coin. It was that of his nephew, TazD. (who now will have more lines…..).

"Ha, ha!" laughed Stonescrooge's nephew. "Ha, ha, ha!"

"Ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha!"

"He said that Release Dates are Bah hibiscus, as I live!" cried TazD. "He believed it too."

"He's a comical old fellow," said Stonescrooge's nephew, "that's the truth: and not so pleasant as he might be. However, his offenses carry their own punishment, and I have nothing to say against him."

"I'm sure he is very rich, TazD," hinted Mrs TazD. "At least you always tell me so."

"What of that, my dear?" said TazD. "His wealth is of no use to him. He does not do any good with it. He is not comfortable, or happy with it. He hasn't the satisfaction of thinking -- ha, ha, ha! -- that he is ever going to share it with us or anyone."

“Uncle is so alone and perhaps he does dislike us. He won’t come to visit and to dine. And to think of the good food we get from the Gourmet Restaurant. I am not angry with him. I do feel sorry for him….all day on the farm….no outside life…..only his mouse and computer for companions. Sucks for him.”

They played music (instruments courtesy of the Musical Instruments Factory - $32 FC), and laughed all the more. Stonescrooge sort of kept beat with a tapping foot. They thought of playing a game, but certainly not one by zinger or zyngus or whatever.

It was great that so many avatars could gather and play without being overly competitive. The jovial music reminded Stonescrooge of all the happy things the Spirit had shown him. And he softened more and more, wishing he could have listened more when he was younger. Perhaps he would have become a better neighbor, and who knows….maybe even a forum contributor.

Stonescrooge watched it all. The music, the games of Round Down, Goofy Fruits, Wigs & Swigs, and even Fist ‘n Snips….and then the Quests. Oh my, the Quests. He could have done them all since he did own every facility and every factory, and every tool. So Stonescrooge played each game with the 20 avatars in that room. His voice made no sound. His gestures were unseen. Spirit Tiger KnightRider was pleased at this mood, but could not allow him to play or to stay….. well he could stay for one game of Yes-and-No (kind of like our 20 questions – 24 if outside of Farmtown).

TazD was first to think of something. The questions rained down as if coming from the SuperPooper Manure Spreader. Person, disagreeable, grunts, lives on a farm, rich, lonely….and Mrs TazD finally guessed it was Uncle Stonescrooge. And they toasted him, much as Taz D had done "A Happy New Release to the old man, where ever he is," said TazD. "He wouldn't take it from me, but may he have it, nevertheless. Uncle Stonescrooge!"

Before he could thank them in the Chat, with words they would neither see nor hear, The Spirit Tiger KnightRider took his hand and they were off again on their travels.

They visited other farms from so many other lands….even England and Australia (which I hear are actually part of Mother Earth). Each was cheerful regardless of size or number of assets. But time was running short and they now returned to the Stonescrooge farm. As they touched the ground, Stonescrooge noticed something protruding from the white fur robe of Spirit Tiger KnightRider.

“Those do not appear to be yours, Spirit. What is that?”

The Spirit of Farmtown Present opened the fur robe and brought forth two ragged avatar children farmers. One boy, one girl. Stonescrooge tried to say they looked fine, but choked on the words.

“Are they your’s, Spirit?”

“No, they are from the game Soilville, and they have come here - wretched, ragged, frightful. The boy is Ignorance. The girl is Want. Beware them both.

“Is there no hope for these pitiful soiled Soilville sharecroppers?”

The Sundial had again returned to a position of high noon, marking the end of the journey. The Spirit was gone. The images he had seen were now memory. The travels were now history. The Spirit was now probably back on a forum.

But the words of Avatar Barley, the predictions, were clear and fresh as a newly H/P/P Combined field.

Stonescrooge looked up and beheld a shadowy figure, draped and hooded in black, coming slowly across the field in a small cloud of farm dust…..coming….coming…coming toward him. Oh how he hoped it would come slow, and take more time than he experiences between new releases.
Then…
Old Dec 21 2017, 04:25 PM

one of my very favorite stories of all time!!! <3
Old Dec 21 2017, 07:25 PM

A FT Christmas Carol

Chapter 4 of 4
part 1

Perhaps this day would be less stressful on the old farmer. Perhaps the shadowy figure approaching would be friendly in spite of its ominous appearance. Perhaps Stonescrooge could now return to the quiet lonely life he had chosen and grown used to with only the occasional anxiety that preceded each Happy New Release Day. Perhaps now he could just tend to his 20 farms (and more) without a care for neighbors, both on FT and in real life. Perhaps….or not.

It is difficult to think when there is a lot of noise around you. Stonescrooge now was experiencing the Spirit coming toward him in a total silence….and it was deafening. It clouded his memory of the last few days, the first two Spirits, the scenes of happy families – those of his assistant BeaverDuster, and his only nephew TazD (who finally got more lines). The many happy, singing, jovial farmers in the market place, each with his own status message, actually made him smile. Scenes of abandoned farms were sad indeed, but we know that is real life. Not everyone is successful. Not everyone is able to have all the enhancements. Not everyone gets rich. Not everyone ends up lonely, sad, and distant…..like Stonescrooge. The only thought that survived the crush of silence was this: “I want to have fun again on my farms, to enjoy my neighbors, to post on the forum, to have enough sugar and chicken, ….and copper sheets.”

This new Spirit was now close, and Stonescrooge hid his face. The air around him was thick with mystery, the ground just Dark Brown Plain Land ($100coin). The creature was shrouded in black, its face hidden and only one hand reaching out from the garment to beckon for Stonescrooge to rise and come to him.

“Are you the Spirit of Farmtown Yet to Come?” asked Stonescrooge. “Will you show me images in the latest Flash of things that will happen in the future?”

The Spirit gave only a slight nod of the head.

In spite of his recent experience with Spirits, Stonescrooge feared this image which seemed to stare at him. This was worse than anticipating a computer crash, or an increase in the farm cash cost of new facilities.

“Oh Spirit of the Future Farmtown……I fear what you will show me, even if it is for my own gaming pleasure. I want to be different than what I was. I will go with you, but please speak to me. Turn up your volume or turn off your mute dude, or dudette”

The Spirit turned and moved away and Stonescrooge followed in his shadow, and in an instant they were in the midst of a city. He had seen the farmers there before, and they were gathered in groups deep in serious conversation. The Spirit and Stonescrooge stopped next to one group.

“I don’t know much”, said one farmer “except that he is gone, last night I think.”

“What happened? I thought he would be here forever” said another.

“Only the developers might know for sure” said many of the others.

“Maybe he was deleted by accident” “Maybe his timeline simply ran out.”

“Maybe he just ran out of Farm Cash.” “Maybe he did not pay his internet bill” The possible reasons ran on and on.

“I wonder what he did with his money….sure didn’t leave it to me.” And they all laughed.

Old Dec 22 2017, 06:25 PM

Chapter 4 of 4

Part 2

Further down the Color Brick Path (3200 coin each !!!!!) two more avatars were talking. Stonescrooge recognized them. Petunia and Sally were two local leaders of some importance. They had called on him just a few nights before asking for his help, and he had refused them.

“Well, the old geezer is gone, huh?” said Petunia.

“Yep, he is gone…..no joke about it.” answered Sally. “Anyway, it seems like a great day today. Happy New Release Day Petunia.”

Stonescrooge wondered if they were talking about Avatar Barley, or perhaps one of the older, original farmers from the distant past of 2009. He looked at all those gathered around the Clock Tower (800,000 coin and 1000 exp)…. It was a normal business day, and often he himself would be there to buy from another at 10% under market, and sell to another at 50% over market. But nowhere did he see the avatar of himself this day.

A cold chill interrupted his search, and he knew it came from the hooded Spirit next to him, the one with no face, no form… just a concealed hulk.

They ventured to another part of the fully expanded town. Scrooge never went to this place before… no police station (so, no Donut Shop)….. no Modern School…. no fancy places to dine. Who or what could possibly enjoy designing, much less living, in this forsaken place. It was, to make the point clear, almost worse than something out of soilville. In the center of this pit was a hovel (a Scary Farm House actually - $25FC) and they entered by walking through the wall…easy for both of them, and that surprised Stonescrooge that he too would have that ability of a ghost.

Three occupants were inside selling their newly acquired possessions to the owner…. mostly old worn junk and things that were purchases when levels topped out at 34. They commented on the previous owner of this sad collection without any level (not even 34) of respect.

"Spirit," said Stonescrooge, shuddering from head to foot. "I see, I see. The case of this unhappy man might be my own. My life tends that way, now."

At that they were suddenly in another dark and dingy room, one with a bed, a bed covered with a Big Blue Picnic Blanket for a spread. The lumpy form under the blanket suggested someone was there and asleep. After much prodding from the hooded Spirit who insisted that Stonescrooge look under the blanket to see the face on the still body beneath…..he was about to relent, saying “Spirit, this is a scary place. Let’s just go. This is a deleted farmer, and I implore you to show me instead any person in a farmtown town who cares for this de-activated one.”

The image of a brighter room appeared before them. In this room a wife awaited the return of her husband who now was opening the door and entering. “Is it good or bad” she asked.

“It is bad, he is de-activated. We had owed him farmcash, and now we will perhaps owe it to another – but certainly one less merciless than he.” And this scene was repeated in various rooms and in various ways across the town. For sure whoever he was who was deactivated, was not a happy or caring man.
Old Dec 22 2017, 08:30 PM

Chapter 4 of 4

Part 3

Now they entered the home of BeaverDuster. It too was a somber place. Mrs Notamod and the girls were quietly sitting and drawing designs for farms – that would never be. They too awaited the return of BeaverDuster. “I remember when he walked faster, even with Tiny Raul upon his shoulders. Now he is slower that he used to be.”

Yes this was Stonescrooge’s assistant, the one he had so seldom appreciated, the one he had dismissed as he dismissed so many other neighbors. This was his assistant talking about all the good time and cheery moments given to us all by Tiny Raul.

“Spirit of Farm Town Yet To Come, tell me now who it was laying deactivated.”

The Spirit whisked him away, past the house and farm he recognized as his own, and on to churchyard where the deactivated wretch now lay in a plot under a wasted crop. The broken headstone was poorly, and incompletely, etched with only the name Stonescrooge 2009 - .

“But Spirit, I am not that person. My jokes were never THAT bad. And the ones that hinted at something political were often removed or edited by another. Are these things what will be, or what could be?

Take me back to the present, let me wait with others to enjoy each Happy New Release Day. Let me complain about what we don’t have while still enjoying what we do have. I will keep each Happy New Release Day in joy and satisfaction (unless there is a train or ship glitch), and I will be patient waiting for the next farm (as long as they keep coming)”

Still without a word, and without a face, the Spirit watched as Stonescrooge implored him to have his fate reversed. The Spirit’s hooded robe shrunk, collapsed, and Stonescrooge found himself back in his own dark and dingy bedroom.

Last edited by StoneFace; Dec 22 2017 at 08:59 PM.
Old Dec 22 2017, 09:08 PM

Epilogue…

"I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!" Stonescrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. "The Spirits of all Three will guide me. Oh Avatar Barley! Bring on the Happy New Release Days!"

Stonescrooge was giddy , and full of good intentions. He felt as if he had just discovered Farm Town after being stuck with other dumb sites. He laughed hard, like he had been reading jokes on a forum. “I don’t know what day this is. I don’t know how much time I have spent with the Spirits. I don’t know how LONG it has been since the last Happy New Release Day. And I do not really care (well I do, but for purposes of this story, I gotta say that).”

He opened his window and looked out on a bright day in Farm Town. “What day is this, boy” he yelled out.

“Why, it is Happy New Release Day, of course!”

“Wonderful, I have not missed it” said Stonescrooge to himself. The Spirits did not deprive me of this joy. “Hey young avatar, do you know where to Send Gifts?”

“I should hope so. Don’t we all?”

“Well, go there now and fetch the largest and fattest Turkey they have – even if they are all the same. Your Quest is to bring it to me and I will give you $1 Farm Cash. Bring it fast, and you shall receive $2 Farm Cash… or the equivalent in FB credits!”

“Ha, I will send that Turkey to BeaverDuster and his Notamod family. It is bigger than Tiny Raul.” And when the boy avatar returned, Stonescrooge bought a Taxi (400,000 and 1000 exp) to have it delivered.

Then he bought all the $20FC outfits available, choosing the Tuxedo for this special day and walked out onto the busy town street, heading directly to that Clock Tower (still 800k).

He approached marymarcel and LazyMare and reminded them of the last visit….not a pleasant one. His offer to send farm cash to less fortunate farmers left them speechless (which on some forums is a good thing).

As he walked he saw neighbors he had long ignored. He visited with each, and promised to water their flowers, work their facilities, and trade products with them at fair prices. His direction was toward his Nephew’s home… the happy place he and a Spirit had visited.

“TazD” said Uncle Stonescrooge, “It is I, your uncle. May I join you for dinner from the Gourmet Restaurant, and may I pay for it?” And he did, and they dined, and together they looked forward to the eventual release of Facility Chain details!!!! They even played the games…oh my!.

Early the next morning Stonescrooge was at his office in the old and cold Stone Barn. He wanted to be there first, before BeaverDuster showed up (no easy chore for sure), and catch him coming in late on a New Release Day.
“What are you doing, coming in to work late today” he bellowed as BeaverDuster Notamod walked into the room.

“I am very sorry. I am in a different time zone today, I think. It only happens on Happy New Release Day. And it shall not happen again.”

Stonescrooge stood in from of BeaverDuster. “I will not stand for it. Your forum visits and your time at work are in conflict. Therefore I will fix your clock. It will give you the full 24 hour day in all matters… and a fine raise and bonus for the hard work and little pay I have made you endure. And…we will discuss further your family affairs later today when I visit your farm and family.”

Stonescrooge did it all. People smiled when he appeared. marymarcell even enjoyed his jokes. His nephew edited him less and less. All was good again.
The Spirits had done their job and were seen as Spirits no more.

Tiny Raul was cured of his glitches, and maintained a talent to fix future glitches as well.

Each New Release Day would be anticipated, enjoyed, and accepted as is (even if only 25 levels and $25 was never enough to buy even one facility).

This time, StoneScrooge would dip into his very own pocket and double the farm cash from $25 to $50!!!

Farmers encouraged others to come visit, to come and join, and the numbers grew. Crops were used for multiple products.

And wonder of wonders, there was in increase in Sugar and Chicken Gifts and trains and ships to bring more products... and Dan got involved too with all those bonuses!!!! That was quite enough for now. Other necessary increases would follow in the future.

Perhaps even a second and fresh Farm Town Phase II game where all could begin a game from level one (yikes) and build, and grow, and enjoy a revised version while still enjoying the current one.

Yes all was good in Farm Town, with Stonescrooge no longer a hermit, no longer a tightwad and never a complainer.

May that be said of all of us, and as Tiny Raul exclaimed….

Happy New Release Day to Us, Every One !!!