Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Mar 05 2015, 09:59 PM

Thank you TAZ
We like to have our neighbors and friends work for us. We know they will do the job and not leave it partially done. Last night I had to go to the market five times to get one field done, finally a neighbor I knew would do the work. I hope that this penalizing hiring neighbors is changed. As the way it stands people are unfriending you to work or they refuse to work for you just because they are a neighbor. Feelings are getting hurt the way the game is set up now.
Old Mar 05 2015, 10:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeKeeper View Post
Thank you TAZ
We like to have our neighbors and friends work for us. We know they will do the job and not leave it partially done. Last night I had to go to the market five times to get one field done, finally a neighbor I knew would do the work. I hope that this penalizing hiring neighbors is changed. As the way it stands people are unfriending you to work or they refuse to work for you just because they are a neighbor. Feelings are getting hurt the way the game is set up now.
Hi GeeKeeper,
Only thing you can do is put it in the suggestions section where the developers will be more likely to see it. You can't start a new thread there but you can reply to one that fits your suggestion.
When you go to the market do you allow those you hire to use your tools and fuel? If those you hire can use larger tools then they may be more likely to stick around to work the whole farm.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 05 2015, 10:19 PM

I always hire to let workers use my tools and fuel no matter who. I know many players who absolutely refuse to let any worker use their tools resulting in a very unbalanced scenario. Especially when they multi-hire and they hire newbies who do not have the same level tools and advanced player who have combines. I can think of at least five players I personally brought to this game who quit for this reason. At times the Market is very exasperating and has become one of my least favorite features in the game and I know many agree with me on this.
Old Mar 05 2015, 10:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeKeeper View Post
I always hire to let workers use my tools and fuel no matter who. I know many players who absolutely refuse to let any worker use their tools resulting in a very unbalanced scenario. Especially when they multi-hire and they hire newbies who do not have the same level tools and advanced player who have combines. I can think of at least five players I personally brought to this game who quit for this reason. At times the Market is very exasperating and has become one of my least favorite features in the game and I know many agree with me on this.
And this is one of the reasons why they added the bonus for the market. If you are going to get extra for working and completing the farm you are hired for then you should be more willing to do so. I will say that many do not have high quality computers or fast internet to be able to cope with heavily layered or staggered fields and trees on top of them. And it could very well be that they didn't leave of their own accord but instead locked up or errored out and were dumped from the farm. It is just as exasperating for them as it is for you.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 05 2015, 10:35 PM

Well, I am so glad to hear that this is happening to others too. I thought it was just me. Also last week, I was hired to work on a farm. There was another person there, and once I noticed her, I left to work on one of the other farms. Well.... that person kept hounding me and calling me all kinds of names because I was doing "her" farms. I said I was hired to do them too, so was only doing my job. She kept messaging me with all kinds of rudeness until I just blocked her. So yes, some
people do get angry... very angry. No big deal to me... I just go onto another one.
Old Mar 05 2015, 10:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF View Post
Well, I am so glad to hear that this is happening to others too. I thought it was just me. Also last week, I was hired to work on a farm. There was another person there, and once I noticed her, I left to work on one of the other farms. Well.... that person kept hounding me and calling me all kinds of names because I was doing "her" farms. I said I was hired to do them too, so was only doing my job. She kept messaging me with all kinds of rudeness until I just blocked her. So yes, some
people do get angry... very angry. No big deal to me... I just go onto another one.
Hi CEF,
I have moved yours and the previous posts by Geekeeper and myself to this thread about hiring practices. None of these posts have anything to do with the subject of the thread in Help & Support which was problems with the game on hiring and not the people involved.
Old Mar 11 2015, 09:39 AM

Not sure how to post on this forum... I am wanting to know if there is a way to hire help at the marketplace to sow new seeds on your plowed fields for you?
Old Mar 11 2015, 09:40 AM

No-one can plant for others all one can do is harvest and plow
Old Mar 13 2015, 06:43 PM

Angry Designing help

I was invited to help a friend in designing her farm. She added/bought the items needed and I put them in place. She left the farm so I carried on putting the items in place. When I had finished I went back to my farm. When I went back to the farm I was helping on nothing had been saved. Even thou she wasn't there I still had the ability to move things around but it wouldn't save anything that I had moved.
Old Mar 13 2015, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_oo00oo View Post
I was invited to help a friend in designing her farm. She added/bought the items needed and I put them in place. She left the farm so I carried on putting the items in place. When I had finished I went back to my farm. When I went back to the farm I was helping on nothing had been saved. Even thou she wasn't there I still had the ability to move things around but it wouldn't save anything that I had moved.

Hi angel

I'm sorry this has happened to you, but once your friend leaves the farm the permissions are revoked

Here is a thread that explains how this works, hope it can help you

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=605750