Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 23 2009, 02:38 AM

I'm glad your going back to the old way!!! I like hireing more than one person because , for reasons unknown, sometimes a worker will leave your farm and the job is not done. Is it a coin thing, where they realize they are not getting paid, has anyone complained about that. Why is the dirt path like quick sand? Everything I try to put on it sinks in? Would be fun to have farmtown album somewhere, people can put pictures of there farms and you can go there and view them. I've gotten many ideas of what to do on my farm from working on other farms. Thanks for changing back to the old way.
Old Dec 23 2009, 02:40 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I agree, this new format is the pits. It takes forever hitting one spot at a time while the avatar catches up, either go back to the way it was a few days ago or i won't be playing anymore. this was my favorite farm game until I came to harvest and plow tonite and it was awful. I made a couple of coins and got fed up. If people are having problems i am sorry but I loved the way this game used to be a few nights ago and now I will not be back until its fixed.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 23 2009, 02:41 AM
Account Not Linked

OMG. thank you guys for listening to the users of this fun, fun game! If this is reverted back to before the "fix", I will continue to play and interact with friends from around the globe. I do not feel that limiting how many employees a farmer can hire will ultimately achieve the necessary goal. Having the capability to "FIRE" someone on the other hand would lend much more control over the situation. Also, adding a tool to go beyond "Ignore", such as a "BlackBallList" to alert other farmers of potential cheaters, etc. would be ideal. This is a game, it should remain fun to play, thank you for listening!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 23 2009, 02:41 AM

Level:
XP:
Lightbulb Possible compramise?

I really did not like the new system. It took me 45 minutes to finish just the harvest on one friend's farm, rather than 10 min like before. At that point she had to leave, and so 3 hours later I was finally able to spend another 45 hours helping her plow... was very frustrating, however...

I can see what you were trying to do, and I got to thinking about it. What if you just remove the avatars altogether? I mean, maybe some people will scream over that too but seriously, if there is no avatar, the crops can just instantly delete when we click, allowing them to disappear as fast as we can possibly click and no need for the avatar graphic to be involved and slowing us down at all.

The problem with the new system for me, was that I "click" about 5 times faster than the system could delete crops. Therefore there was always a wait until I could click again. I was constantly seeing the "wait I'm busy" message and I'll tell you by the end I wanted to slap my avatar lmao. Anyway, if you removed the avatar altogether would it speed up the process allowing us to harvest/plow as fast as we can click or is there a loading time no matter what?

Another possibility, might be a lot more complicated to work out, but if it could be set up so that the game automatically divides the number of crops by the number of harvesters/plowers? It could work like this..

Once the farmer begins to hire, a "queue" is established where harvesters are held until the farmer decides he/she has hired enough, and "releases" them from the queue, so they all hit the farm at the same time. While they are being held in the queue, the game calculates how many farmers in the queue and how many crops on the farm, and releases them to a farm with predesignated crops per each harvester. Technically, once the harvesters have hit the farm, all the crops have been harvested for the farmer, but each harvester would see (only) their portion of crops to harvest, and they would be required to actually do the clicking to earn their share. While harvesting/plowing their own section, it would be the same old "click ahead" system so they could go as fast or as slow as they want.

Anyway, I just felt since I did some complaining that I should offer an alternative at least. Thank you so much for a wonderful game, Farmtown is my favorite game and I thank you all for you hard work making it for us! (And for reverting it back...THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for that lol) I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas or (insert Holiday of your choosing here), and a Happy New Year!!

Visit 's Farm

Old Dec 23 2009, 02:43 AM

Smile I like new way

Personaly I like the new way of farming, stops all the hogs from marking out the whole farm and leaving nothing for the ones who may be a bit slower. If there is to be a change, maybe limit how many plots you can mark at a time ie 12 and then when you catch up same thing. Either way I lov the game
Old Dec 23 2009, 02:45 AM

I didn't mind the new way....but would not like the option to hire only one person - because some people aren't as fast as i would like or miss plots etc - especially on my second farm with 1020 plots.
Thank you.
Old Dec 23 2009, 02:46 AM

Yay! I really loved the old way! I like someone else's idea of making your ability to hire directly related to either your level or farm size. So, as you level up or buy up, whichever, you are rewarded with the privilege of hiring more people...with a cap of 3 or 4 total at one time on the largest farm of course! Perhaps one to harvest, one to plow until a large enough farm is purchased.
Old Dec 23 2009, 02:48 AM

Level:
XP:
Unhappy

Please this is not an alternative this is controlling the game from on high we love the game let us play few coins here and their a few xp their has to be another way but say you higher someone who thinks it is funny to let your farm go to waste we have no control over it as we gave someone the chance to work and suddenly the farm is dead because it took them hours to harvest…Raul you as a developer should already see this coming I have had this happen and had to go out and find someone to come in and get the job done if there is a limit then were down to their mercy. I say put it back keep working on a better way people who are out their begging and stuff are the ones who are wining they can’t level .
KEEP IT THE WAY IT WAS… I am in agreement with the people who hate the changes at level 60+ and millions of dollars it has taken the challenge out of the game please give it back…lol in other words I want my toy back please …giggles…Have a grand holiday from the old gal on the block…giggles need my farmtown fix...can't get it the way it is...Glad it is coming back if I am reading it right that was a nasty update

Visit 's Farm

Last edited by shiylo; Dec 23 2009 at 02:57 AM. Reason: P.S. glad it is coming back that was a nasty update
Old Dec 23 2009, 02:49 AM

Thank you so much for listening to us ..the players....
xxx
Old Dec 23 2009, 02:50 AM
Account Not Linked

I appreciate that you listen to the players. The "upgrade" made things impossibly slow and time is precious. I was going to quit the game all together, but now I will wait and see.
Closed Thread