Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 23 2009, 06:52 AM

I for one am sorry to hear we are going back to the old way. I and two friends harvest and plow for one another daily and we were remarking to one another yesterday how nice the change was that the avatar stayed right with us as we worked now and did not lag behind causing us to have to wait sometimes 10 minutes between finishing harvesting and plowing just for it to finish what it was doing. And we could not be re- hired to plow before the avatar finished harvesting or we would not get the coins or if we did not wait for it to finish plowing we lost coins and XP's. So we found the new way much faster. We will be so sorry to lose it after only one day. The complainers did not give it much of a chance, if you ask me.
Old Dec 23 2009, 06:53 AM

Default What has happened?

THIS SUCKS!!!!!!
I was not playing yet to know how the game worked "before"...but, whatever changes have now been made are absolutely horrible!! I can't imagine who thought this would be a better way to harvest/plow...I presume the whiners that can't handle it when someone else is a little faster.
I click and click and the hash mark shows up on just a couple of fields. The only thing my avatar does now is wander around saying "WAIT I'M BUSY". Half the time nothing at all happens when I click on a square even if I have waited. And to have to wait for the slow-as-molasses avatar to wander across a farm to the next field...torturous!!
The game was already time consuming enough with the amount of XP it takes to level up, but I kept at it because I really like it. Plus, I worked out a system by which I could move pretty quickly through my jobs (with no "random clicking"!). But this is horribly slow! There may be people out there who have this kind of time for a game...the rest of us have a life, jobs, other activities. If this is the way it's going to be permanently, I will probably have to give it up, in spite of how much I like the game.
I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but I'm really upset...the last upgrade came just when I was getting to a level where I could make my farm the way I wanted it. While I love the new items (except the tree changes!) it has taken a long time to work my way back up. Plus, I'm almost to the point where I can get my second farm...and now this!
I would really appreciate it if the game could be adjusted to move along faster when harvesting/plowing. It's just too slow!!
Thanks for listening,
Roozter
Old Dec 23 2009, 06:55 AM

Default Suggestions

When the hiring pane comes up for a hiree put that he/she is the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc to be hired for this job. Let the hiree know that the field will be crowded and the risk for collisions/lost coins may exist. Same for plowers.
Old Dec 23 2009, 06:55 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonfan View Post
I totally agree about being able to boot someone for jumping around...that is so immature. I hate when people do that...it's like they are scared they are going to miss out on something. Yeah..like ebay...Bad feedback for the ones that don't play right lol
YES! I have thought every time that someone was doing a "slash and burn" and getting into everyones way by jumping all over that we should be able to boot them off.

Leslie

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 23 2009, 06:57 AM

Level:
XP:

Wow, thank you for listening to the masses! I guess maybe I will have to carry this Farm Town monkey on my back for some time to come

Some of the biggest problems I saw with the new method was that since those who planned to work methodically, by observing the others for a moment then picking an unpopular corner to start in, were basically penalized by the fact that we how have to wait for our avatar to walk all the way over (possibly around fences, hedges, and bridges) before we can even get started. By the time we begin, the other 6 people that were hired have already chewed up the middle beyond recognition and are now hacking their way into our planned field of attack. We spot yet another unpopular corner, but now we have to wait yet again for our avatar to make it's way all the way across the screen before we can begin.

When we finally do get to start clicking, there are so many messages popping up, and our pointer and avatar are dead smack in the way where we can't even see where to click, let alone the fact that our avatar is right there making it difficult to click at all on the intended target around its big fat head. And if you miss a spot....forget about it (wait, I'm busy)!

I too agree that a potential better solution would be to limit the number of people that are able to be hired, but I think one harvester and one plower might be a bit extreme. I would propose two of each, or maybe three at the very most.

As for the problem of some being so fast that others don't get much work done before the job is finished....boohoo! I mean seriously, when I first started I was slow as molasses, but over time I developed more disciplined control of the rate and aim of my clicking and my speed improved to the point where I was often accused of somehow cheating. I was NOT cheating. If you want to go faster you have to practice!

Visit 's Farm

Old Dec 23 2009, 06:59 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonfan View Post
I totally agree about being able to boot someone for jumping around...that is so immature. I hate when people do that...it's like they are scared they are going to miss out on something. Yeah..like ebay...Bad feedback for the ones that don't play right lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roozter View Post
THIS SUCKS!!!!!!
I was not playing yet to know how the game worked "before"...but, whatever changes have now been made are absolutely horrible!! I can't imagine who thought this would be a better way to harvest/plow...I presume the whiners that can't handle it when someone else is a little faster.
I click and click and the hash mark shows up on just a couple of fields. The only thing my avatar does now is wander around saying "WAIT I'M BUSY". Half the time nothing at all happens when I click on a square even if I have waited. And to have to wait for the slow-as-molasses avatar to wander across a farm to the next field...torturous!!
The game was already time consuming enough with the amount of XP it takes to level up, but I kept at it because I really like it. Plus, I worked out a system by which I could move pretty quickly through my jobs (with no "random clicking"!). But this is horribly slow! There may be people out there who have this kind of time for a game...the rest of us have a life, jobs, other activities. If this is the way it's going to be permanently, I will probably have to give it up, in spite of how much I like the game.
I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but I'm really upset...the last upgrade came just when I was getting to a level where I could make my farm the way I wanted it. While I love the new items (except the tree changes!) it has taken a long time to work my way back up. Plus, I'm almost to the point where I can get my second farm...and now this!
I would really appreciate it if the game could be adjusted to move along faster when harvesting/plowing. It's just too slow!!
Thanks for listening,
Roozter
I disagree. I am still able to move as fast as ever, and I manage to get a lion's share of the plowing or harvest. Cant imagine what you are doing that this slows you down..all you have to do is click save and wait about 20 seconds at most to insure you collect all tht is due to you so that you can leave. Any one that works at my farm has moved quickly too.

Leslie

Old Dec 23 2009, 07:00 AM

Default Lost stuff

I forgot to mention that I have never had a problem with lost coins or XP even though I am up to a level 40, with XP 142690, and over three million dollars in my bank. I don't hoard either...my farm is fully outfitted and then some.
Thanks again,
Roozter
Old Dec 23 2009, 07:01 AM

Default Just tried plowing

This mornings update is NOT a good idea. It was greatthe wa it was but I will agree that limiting the number of hires would be a great idea.
Old Dec 23 2009, 07:08 AM

Hi Leslie,

I appreciate your point of view. But, 20 seconds per square? Almost half a minute for ONE square! I think that's silly. But, I am not known for my patience (<:

Roozter
Old Dec 23 2009, 07:10 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
Hi There,

We have been monitoring you feedback and most likely we will be reverting to the old version early tomorrow and try to find a better compromise.

One of the alternatives that we considered was to only allow one worker harvesting and one worker plowing on your farm at the same time. This was also suggested by several other users on the other thread, however we thought that was going to be even more problematic.

Please provide some feedback about this other alternative on this thread, or if you rather prefer the way it was before, unlimited hiring, faster work but more potential for collisions and lost coins/XP.

thanks

--Raul
I think the developers are wonderful and reactive to problems with the game. The newest changes are wonderful!!! Please do not change it back. I have read posts and I do not understand what is slowing people down? It is much more efficient this way. Maybe the problem lies in not saving when you work, or when you have folks working for you? I prefer the improved stability of the game.

Thanks, Leslie

Closed Thread