Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 26 2014, 09:58 PM

You can never tell when you're hired in the MP what sort of farms you're going to encounter, although some farmers will tell you they have layered farms. The more a player has crammed onto their farm, the slower it is to load, BUT you can very easily speed up the loading process. Before you even go into the MP, turn off EVERYTHING and click on your eye so it's closed. You NEVER need to see buildings or decorations. If you're hired to harvest flowers and/or trees, they load faster AFTER you've landed on the farm. Turn trees on, harvest them, then turn them off. Do the same with flowers.

You can't control how other people farm, but you can make life easier for yourself. If you hang out in the MP a lot to get work but don't like layers, make that part of your name, i.e., Anna Banana (no layers pls). Now that you can use your employer's tools, doing layers is a lot easier, and you can get some practice before you 'invest' in your own tools. (it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Slash Key didn't implement this new feature just to show you how much faster you can work your farms with the bigger tools!)

There are as many different ways to play Farm Town as there are players! The gamut runs from people who plow their fields w/o removing the space between fields and scatter trees and flowers singly or in clusters without regard for how much time and energy it takes to harvest them that way. They wouldn't think of putting anything on top of something else, much less hanging a building off the edge of the farm. Working their farms poses its own challenges. At the other extreme are those who want to max out their income and XPs and think nothing of stacking a field, a flower, a tree, and a facility all on the same 1x1 square. It isn't pretty, and working their farms isn't easy either. If you know the tricks (and you can find out how to do them on You Tube), you can layer everything (including water features) except buildings. To stack buildings (or hang them off the edge of your farm), you do need the green hand, which Slash Key is more than happy to sell you for something like 55 Farm Cash (after you've bought the orange hand which also costs about 55 Farm Cash).

Farm Town has changed dramatically from the game I started with. Back then, there was only one farm that I think maxed out at 18x18 or maybe 20x20. Everything was done one field at a time -- plow, plant, harvest, repeat -- and the only thing you could do with your crops was sell them in the Market Place. Animals, buildings, flowers, trees, water features -- they were all just decorations. The only tools we had were the hoe, scythe, seed bag, and watering can. No fertilizing, no special sprinklers, no belts or dans, and certainly no facilities! If you wanted to level up, you hired your neighbors so they would (hopefully) hire you and you hung out in the Market Place every chance you got. Of course, the top level was somewhere in the 40s, but that was then. You can still play Farm Town that way if you want, and there's something to be said for playing laid back. It's cheaper and much less stressful!

Make no mistake -- Farm Town is a money-making business as far as Slash Key is concerned, but it's your choice whether or not you shell out real cash to buy Farm Cash to buy all of those tools, facilities, and bigger and bigger farms. So have a little fun while you farm -- like I did with this farm: Grandma's Quilt Squares!

Farm? Not Here!!
~ Gateway to My Agricultural Empire ~

Farming Since 26 September 2009
Level 1175 & Rising

Am I addicted to Farm Town?
Old Jun 27 2014, 06:45 AM

I basically let anyone I hire use my tools I have the 25 by 25 combine so those who dont have it are really thankful as it means they can get the job done a lot faster.

ok lets say having the bigger tools does save someone 2 minutes per farm for the 23 farms I have that is 46 minutes that is quite a lot of time although I suspect it would be a lot more?

it takes me approx 20 minutes to do my 23 farms (granted only 9 of those are 34 by 34 and most are 18 and 20) imagine adding on another 46 minutes that is over an hour!!
Old Jun 27 2014, 07:22 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to beverduster

where did you get the super sized 25X combine at, i want one too
Old Jun 27 2014, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beverduster View Post
where did you get the super sized 25X combine at, i want one too

oops is the 10 by 10 that I have
Old Jun 27 2014, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ally-Kat View Post
Goodness, this game does demand a lot of Farm Cash, just to do some of the basics!

How can a newcomer manage to advance, when tools for harvesting, plowing and seeding cannot be bought for coins, beyond the tiny 3x3's?

I would be delighted to have the 5x5 combine harvest-plow-plant, but the prerequisites to that one tool are the 4x4 harvester, 4x4 seeder and 4x4 plow, at 45 FC a piece! And then I have to get the 5x5 of each of those, at 30 FC a piece!! THEN I need to buy the 5x5 combine harvest-plow at 35 FC before I finally get that 5x5 combine harvest-plant, for an additional 45 FC!!

And if I ever wish to chop more than 3x3 trees, we have to do all of that again. Same for shaking trees...and harvesting flowers....and fishing....

Now, someone is going to attack me for saying "have to", so let's do a pre-emptive on that : I know, no one is "making" me buy anything. However, for those who have reached Level 525, and who have 100's of millions of XP's, and who knows how many coins, please tell me : are you all still using the 3x3 tools that coins buy? I have been to the marketplace, looking to work, to make some coins, earn some XP's and level up. It's hard, very hard. Some will not allow me to use their tools or fuel, but they hire me to do these fields that have many times more the crop than my farm the same size could ever plant! And there are farms that are just filled entirely with trees. How does one do these jobs with 3x3 tools...other than incredibly slowly, and with extreme carpal tunnel. It's very discouraging and overwhelming. Any tips or strategies, to keep a person interested in moving on up??
If you want, please send me a private message. You can add me as a friend. I have all the big tools and always let the workers use them. I try to post facilities as often as I can, but only to certain players. I change them up also. I like to try to help people get ahead, I have sent FC tools to players trying to get ahead, but only if there are serious about playing the game. If not, then why waste FC on someone who is only going to play once a week for a month then quit? Ya know?? I am off to work now, but will check when I get home (3:30 am EST). If you want to find me on Facebook, my name is Dawn Bolinsky, and my profile pic is of a big shoe display decoupage'd in International Flags ...
Old Jun 27 2014, 04:37 PM
Account Not Linked

When you see people with thos large tools, they purchased them for FC. It took them a long time to aquire them, but their money helped the developers improve the game and add farms, new tools, etc. Actually when you think of it there should be a button (free of course) that when pushed gives you everything available. It's a game. The longer it takes, the better you get and the more time you can spend playing it. Look for other begginers and help each other. Chat with people and see what tools they suggest you get first. This started out as a relaxing fun game. It is turning into a rat race compitition.
Old Jun 27 2014, 10:18 PM

I have a friend who is on level 190. She hasn't spent a dime of real money. She has an 8x8 seeder and other 3x3 tools. She owns all of the coin facilities that she can buy at her current level. She has only been playing since April. You CAN do it without spending money if you choose to.
Old Jun 27 2014, 11:33 PM

I've played on and off for several years. For fun. Yes, it can be addicting. I took about a 6 month leave of absence but I am back. I am at level 459 or something, give or take a level. I have 21 farms, and most, but not all, are 24x24. I've not spent any money on the game, but I did buy a promo item once that gained some FC. Other than that, I've just enjoyed the ride, played the game, and had fun along the way. It can seem daunting, but just have fun, and don't try to be the biggest farm on the block.
Old Jun 28 2014, 06:23 AM

I'm on level 525 - and eagerly awaiting the next upgrade so I can get more FC to buy my next facility.

I have never bought FC, and never will - everything is bought with coin, or hard-saved-up-for FC

I have 20 farms -decided I need no more at the moment - and would love even a 3X3 harvest/plow - not too bothered about the harvest/plow/sow, or the huge ones, but a 3X3 harvest/plow would make life so much simpler!

Doing quests has helped a lot - one FC a week adds to the savings very nicely
Old Jun 28 2014, 08:31 AM
Account Not Linked

The New Restroom Supplies facility adds even more Oak Lumber to the requirements of the sawmills and along with 5 trains with lumber cars cannot keep up with the current demands. Something needs to be done to overcome this. Sawmill output or lumber car capacity needs to be raised.
Closed Thread

Tags
neighbors, storage capacity