Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Feb 14 2010, 10:18 AM

I often accept jobs just for 'comic relief' - I'm at 60, with like a gazillion xp that is basically useless, and I've got somewhere in the neighbourhood of 10 mill, in coins. But, it's great fun to hire on, and just stimulate some conversation. Plus, as I do type, I'm able to get the work done, too. But, if there are 'a bunch of employees', I pretty much just chat with the farmer, and let others get the xp and coin. I'm still using employment quizzes, and having fun with that, too. I have a FV place, but honestly don't enjoy it, at all - I keep it for my friends who need gifts, or neighbours. I'm sooo hoping a third farm will soon be offered ... I'd like to build a tropical rain forrest .... I'm soooo tired of snow (Eastern Shore, MD, here ..).

"What the world needs now are MORE SQUIRRELS!
Then, there would be fewer NUTS running loose -
(or running for public office!)
Old Feb 14 2010, 01:11 PM
Account Not Linked

i really try to do the job that I accepted and to finish the job Points and coins are points and coins it doesn't matter what crop they came from. Doing small jobs for someone might lead to bigger jobs later you just never know. I enjoy being creative with my farm and have small fields sometimes some won't stay and that's their choice but I wish if they were going to do that, they would at least leave a note of thanks for the hire or say something . I like the Idea about using the ignore button for those who are rude or make game play no fun for others. !
Old Feb 14 2010, 01:54 PM

Just to remind everyone that personal attacks are not tolerated, nor is discussion of 'cheats'. Posts containing either can and will be deleted without notice to the member.

Please, guys, there's room for all views here. Discussion is fine, but try and keep it polite.
Old Feb 14 2010, 03:58 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanieNGMsfarm View Post
someone on your friends list probably blocked the app, that would make them no longer your neighbor
Thank you! I have since discovered, a friend has deleted her farm, she is sick of it and didn't realise she was causing me to plow myself! lol.
Old Feb 15 2010, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
I very rarely spend any time in the market place to do anything other than hire people so you don't have to worry about hiring me. I find there are much better ways to waste my time than begging for jobs in the market place.

Carly, people are allowed to be "greedy" with their farms. They are after all their farms. Not your farm. Not hte farm of everyone in the market place. I don't understand why people suddenly think farms are somehow community property which they can tell the actual owners how to run them.

And I am extremely greedy with my time. I have a life beyond farm town. I don't have time to sit around and baby sit my farm. I hire and walk away from my computer to actually take part in said life and come back at my leisure to handle the rest of my farm. I'm sorry my greed with my time offends you, but I won't be sitting around by my computer to make sure the harvesters have someone to talk to.
This.

Well said.

I'm often doing other things, and my hiring of others is a favor unto them. Sometimes I chat, but half the time, I'm doing something else while they are working because I don't have all day to sit on FT. If the farm owner doesn't say anything, they probably are in another window or away from the keyboard. Just say thanks and move on. If you want to ignore, that's your prerogative. You may just miss out on another harvest or plowing job.

Don't take it so personally.
Old Feb 15 2010, 06:31 AM
Account Not Linked

I usually don't want to chat while working on someone else's farm. Not because I'm being anti-social, (actually, I'm not all that social anyway) but to chat means you have to be out of full-screen mode and that makes it really hard to see a lot of the field you're working on & to work quickly (because I'm sure the owner doesn't want to hang around for HOURS while you'e plowing or harvesting their field(s)...
Old Feb 15 2010, 02:59 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

livelovelife207, I am sure you are not only one who plays this game to socialize. In fact, I have met A lot of very friendly people in the MP and while working for them or they workimg for me, so there still lots of them out there too. Some of there people have nothing better to do than sit home and see how annoying they can be to others- that's their goal in life. But not mine I chose to at least leave them satisfied with the end product. Medixgrade has the right idea- don't let the jerks push you around!!

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Feb 22 2010, 09:21 AM
Account Not Linked

Default New Hires Clueless and Rude

I think there should be some way to educate new hires on some of the most basic elements of harvesting and plowing. I am tired of people who say they know how to hide trees and buildings, yet when they get to your farm, it's clear they do not.

And no one seems to pay attention to any instructions in the chat box. I can tell someone exactly how to hide things and I am ignored. It's as if they figure they'll get what money or XP points they can and then leave me with the plots they couldn't get to.

I would love to have a 'you're fired' option. I'm very tolerant of slow harvesters or plowers, but the clueless and the rude, not so much.
Old Feb 22 2010, 09:32 AM
Account Not Linked

I am a level 58 and I've not yet experienced that sort of discrimination. I hope I don't. Just because I worked hard to get where I am in the game doesn't mean I am somehow less entitled to work. I personally don't care what level anyone is at when I hire them. I just want my hires to follow instructions and be polite to me and the others working on my farm.
Old Feb 22 2010, 12:12 PM

Id just like to remind people who get annoyed by people not following instructions whilst on your farm some farmers can only plow or harvest in full screen mode so wont see the instructions.

Some people who hide trees whilst on your farm lose the plots underneath them so may not see the crops that have vanished.

And also some people only know three or for words in english yes please, I would like to work and thanks and can only read a few words to get themselves hired so may not be able to read what you type in the chat box.

If you make one person smile then that person makes one person smile soon the world will be smiling

ive posted because of my obsessive compulsive posting disorder or OCPD

The blacksmiths arms