Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 21 2016, 01:09 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryalexander View Post
When and WHY did that change occur? Until yesterday or so, I could and did hire friends that way. Trying to remember what is ripe on what is a mind numbing task. Much easier to just hire for ALL jobs on ALL farms - that has worked for years!
Hi perryalexander,

Taz is not available at the moment.

If you hire for all farms and the farm the worker is going to land on does not have any work on then you will get the message telling you so.

Personally i don't like being hired for all farms when some have no work, so because of that i make sure i don't do it to anyone else.

You can do this by making use of the Show Work Info blue button in the hiring window. All you do is select your jobs as usual and then click the Show Work Info button. All the farms that have work on will have coloured blocks and show a figure for the amount of work to be done there. Select the All button when you see them and it will automatically only select those farms that have work on, then send as usual. Hope that helps

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Jan 21 2016, 02:24 PM

Thanks both Taz and Tiger, neither of you were on target with your response to my query. Yes, you can still hire for all your farms as you always have been able to do the past. The catch is that you can not qualify your response like leaving out flowers as I did, it must be a full hire for all options. I was able to hire as I always have when I checked all options and all farms. I know this contradicts both your answers but is still works.
Old Jan 21 2016, 03:24 PM
Account Not Linked

Default multiple stacking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
it works, maybe you are not buying the right items
I am sorry but multiple stacking doesn't work. Something changed in the last few days. it makes no difference what item I purchase it still won't stack.
Old Jan 21 2016, 04:01 PM

Im trying to harvest some trees on my friends farm, im a super neighbor. I click on the tool, doesnt matter which one, but every item on the farm appears even with the tool clicked. I can't tell what is harvested and what isn't. It used to only show the trees that were ready when I had the tool clicked, now it shows everything. Am I doing something wrong?
Old Jan 21 2016, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vastfanatic View Post
Im trying to harvest some trees on my friends farm, im a super neighbor. I click on the tool, doesnt matter which one, but every item on the farm appears even with the tool clicked. I can't tell what is harvested and what isn't. It used to only show the trees that were ready when I had the tool clicked, now it shows everything. Am I doing something wrong?
Hi vastfanatic

Please check your preferences (the wrench) and make sure you have a check mark for Eye icon only toggles between: and then a dot in Hidden and ON. Also when you get a tool make sure to click on the eye till it turns closed.
Old Jan 21 2016, 11:46 PM

I am not sure whether my issue is a Farmtown one or a Facebook one. Last night I posted my factories and Services with the "only me" audience because I wanted to send the links to a newbie that I am helping. However it appears that at least 2 Farmtown players worked the Factories and Services as well. Where could the problem be? I have noticed that this also happens if I choose a group as the audience

Farming since: 14 December 2009
Old Jan 22 2016, 12:05 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerWitch View Post
I am not sure whether my issue is a Farmtown one or a Facebook one. Last night I posted my factories and Services with the "only me" audience because I wanted to send the links to a newbie that I am helping. However it appears that at least 2 Farmtown players worked the Factories and Services as well. Where could the problem be? I have noticed that this also happens if I choose a group as the audience
Hi Farmerwitch,
If you do not uncheck the box in the first pop up, then your posts go onto the Show on FarmTown Wall Requests where all your farmer friends can see it. This was added in November after some chances by Facebook that were causing problems with posting.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 22 2016, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Farmerwitch,
If you do not uncheck the box in the first pop up, then your posts go onto the Show on FarmTown Wall Requests where all your farmer friends can see it. This was added in November after some chances by Facebook that were causing problems with posting.

Thanks so much Taz D, I will remember that in the future :-)

Farming since: 14 December 2009
Old Jan 22 2016, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beverduster View Post
i cant send out my trains, i unloaded them but it wont boost
I too had this problem and have corrected it. Last month one of the moderators put out a list of url's that need to be in Chrome's privacy setting and a brief instruction on how to do it. I would put it here but it would be lengthy. I then added adblocker extension to chrome to stop popups and the problem came back. I then edited the exception list in adblocker to add the url's and all is good again. Most of the time people don't have the add blocker and the problem can be remedied by editing the privacy setting in Chrome. Hopefully the moderators will see this and relist the url's for you.
Old Jan 25 2016, 06:46 PM

Default Facilities showing 87% or less

Absolutely love the tool switch! saves a lot of time especially on busy large farms and or those farms you are doing every one! However, I am noticing some of our facilities are showing a percentage less than 100% until opened and it says facility is fully loaded. I read through forum and didn't find this reported. I thought it was just mine but others I farm with have the same issue. Thanks! Marsha aka ty_gereye
Closed Thread