Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Mar 10 2013, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsbohannon View Post
Daisy i've never had anyone do the designs on my farm but i get really sick and tired of all the 'demands' people make at the MP!! Just like you stated. I refuse to hire anyone with the word "SOLO" as their name. I've even seen some saying they only want LARGE layered farms to work solo!!! Pretty pathetic!! and disgusting.
WHEN I go to the MP to work....I always change the color in my name and put "all tools...solo plz." I say solo because I can not count the number of times I have been hired only to get to the first farm to find there are already 5 people there fighting for the work. And the work is almost done. If you have 5 farms that you need done.....hire 5 different people!!! One for each farm.

But then there are always people who like to mess with others on here.
Old Mar 10 2013, 12:52 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I get that Jean - but conversely, I can't count the number of times I've hired someone for a 'solo' job, and they don't complete it. If I don't have time to check (Ahem, I'm supposed to be working), I always hire two people, to ensure the job gets done.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Mar 19 2013, 09:53 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Ok - here's a new one.
I hire at the marketplace a lot. When I'm not in a hurry, I often hire some people who have "no tools" , to help newer players level up. I hire a few, to make sure all the work gets done.
So today I hired 3 or 4 workers.
One worker I hired said "no tools, just hands" - She had a combine, and took all the work from the other workers, finishing off all the farms in a minute. I felt bad for the other workers who were trying to get some work.
It seems that advertising "no tools" in the MP when you have a combine is just mean.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Mar 19 2013, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy too View Post
Ok - here's a new one.
I hire at the marketplace a lot. When I'm not in a hurry, I often hire some people who have "no tools" , to help newer players level up. I hire a few, to make sure all the work gets done.
So today I hired 3 or 4 workers.
One worker I hired said "no tools, just hands" - She had a combine, and took all the work from the other workers, finishing off all the farms in a minute. I felt bad for the other workers who were trying to get some work.
It seems that advertising "no tools" in the MP when you have a combine is just mean.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yude View Post
I so 100% agree with you.
i too agree, Why when we purchase an updated tool that we can not sell it back at a reduced $$ rate or trade it in against the new one, or even sell it onto friends at a reduced rate. Come on you've made a packet out of us $$$$ paying players give us something back. Reduce the cost of the $$$ items and make it more fair for others. The game is now a 2 sided gsmes thos that have and those thst have not the tools/facilities. When i work on a farm and theres someone with me with no tools i always leave them approx 1/2 of the goodies, but in doing so i can not claim the bonus, so i loose out big time, try making it when some one hires more then 1 person that only the tools can b used to the minimal of the tools that the poorest (for want of a better term of phrase) player has, that or make it that if they hire more then 1 player the other players they have can only be hired to the same level of equipment. Make it fairer for those who like us are not daft enough to spend precious money on buying $$$$.
Old Mar 19 2013, 10:04 AM
Account Not Linked

I ask to work solo. I have all the tools and think it is unfair to be working with someone without tools. I have worked half a farm and then had a farmer without tools appear. If I leave the farm I loose my share of the bonus. I have waited for the other farmer to complete their share and find after waiting for some considerable time find the other farmer disappears without finishing their share so I have to finish off having wasted a lot of time. If hired for several farms will go to another only to find after I have started the same thing happens!
Old Mar 19 2013, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsbohannon View Post
Daisy i've never had anyone do the designs on my farm but i get really sick and tired of all the 'demands' people make at the MP!! Just like you stated. I refuse to hire anyone with the word "SOLO" as their name. I've even seen some saying they only want LARGE layered farms to work solo!!! Pretty pathetic!! and disgusting.
i too don't hire anyone thats picky as to what they will or won't do, if we all took this stance, then no one would get their fishing, trees or flowers done and we'd all have to do those jobs ourselves, YET, those same people who refuse then go on to hire people and expect them to do there farms, no justice there is there. Make the game more equal. x
Old Mar 19 2013, 10:14 AM

Default Liars in the MarketPlace

I have had the same problem as daisy too. I asked for someone with "No Tools." I had a field that was large, but not overlapped. Easy enough for no tools and beginners need XP. One farmer replied "me, me." I hired her and she had a big combine. Clicked on her. Level 400. That was rude taking work away from someone who needed XP.

We need a way to fire someone, sending them back to their farm or back to the marketplace, with no way to get back to your farm!
Old Mar 19 2013, 10:17 AM

I don't see any problem with people saying solo work only. I normally only hire one person per job, per farm at a time anyway. If they don't have tools, I will often ask them if they want help. As a rule they don't. If I come back later and the job isn't done, I hire another. It really is no big deal to me. I normally hire people with tools to do any short term crops anyway. I wish every one would say what they want to do in the market, so I can hire accordingly. I want to hire them for what they want to do. The only one I don't like that I can think of is people who say "acorn squash only" I don't normally hire them for anything. I figure why should some people get all the big cash crops.
Old Mar 19 2013, 11:00 AM

Suggestion: We should be able to "unhire" people when we see things like that happening.
Old Mar 19 2013, 11:09 AM
Account Not Linked

wow your markets must be way more populated than mine! i am lucky to find one worker, it would take all day to round up 3-4 workers,lol. i never hire more than one for my jobs and just hope they pay attention to the fact that more than one farm is checked ...and of course i never hire picky workers at all...if they arent willing to do every task that needs doing, then let them stand around doing nothing. i spent all my farm cash on things other than tools, like 2 fertilizer trucks, bait farm, sprinklers to make it more profitable for workers who hire out to me, i grouped all my trees and flowers for tool use just for them, and bought extra barns for all the animals so none run free, caz workers complained that it slowed down their game, deleted the stacked plowing caz they complained about that...in short am getting just a bit peeved that so many workers seem to have the notion that they control my farm...the latest complaint seems to be that i have trees over plowed ground or buildings on plowed ground...come on, thats what the wrench icon is for...hide them if they are in the way!
anyway what i would like to see is a notice on the hire invitation that says 7 farms or 14 farms (however many is checked off) so they dont do one farm and leave.