Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Mar 18 2014, 07:57 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynwoo60 View Post
I ahve jsut found a work around for ff users to send gifts and train boosts. Hope this is the right place to tell you all.
1. have your fb page open
2.open options in ff browser
3.open content tab
4.open exceptions on block popup windows
5.type facebook in
6.click allow
7. close all and then refresh bowser and all should work
I have just sent a train boost via ff before and gifts as well.
Strange but you are correct. I tried it, even though I had facebook.com already in my exceptions and it worked.
I will add this to the information in the Known Issues, Glitches and Bugs area.
Thanks Lynwoo60
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 18 2014, 08:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Your very welcome Taz D. Glad i could help as i really really dislike google and was so glad to get rid of it of my computer.
Now however I am questioning whether that fixed it or if Facebook fixed it. I say that because I already had Facebook.com in mine and had not been able to send gifts until tonight.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 18 2014, 08:23 PM

i notice today that even with google chrome the send neibour request it lets you send one but it does not go through it still ask you if you want to sent request.
Old Mar 18 2014, 08:51 PM

Taz I did not have that facebook.com in mine but my husband did and could not send gifts or boost his train at all until he did what i did. the facebook.com was to do with his apps that he had on his tablet not to do with his laptop. i only own a desktop and mine is still working well when it didnn't work before i changed to what i have writen before. my daughter also couldn't send gifts or train boosts with jsut ff until she changed things as well. hope that clears things up for you.
Old Mar 18 2014, 08:59 PM

Maybe they can make it so that as the mayor cycles through all the farms, he comes back to the very first one and catches this 'oops' the second time.

SeaJay

The Gathering
Old Mar 18 2014, 09:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaJay View Post
Maybe they can make it so that as the mayor cycles through all the farms, he comes back to the very first one and catches this 'oops' the second time.
Try going to the farms from the link a second time. I found one I did earlier today and went back to it. It worked the first farm but gave the oops for the rest because I had already been there.
Old Mar 18 2014, 09:06 PM
Account Not Linked

I just loaded my farm in Firefox and was able to accept a gift and send one back, then went in and had to unload my train and dispatch, then I was able to use the boost to send to my neighbors, so it looks like FB finally got it fixed. I usually use Chrome, but wanted to test in Firefox.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Mar 19 2014, 01:45 AM

Hello good morning,why am i getting oops I had already helped you with those facilities today ? I haven't worked this person farm all day.
Old Mar 19 2014, 02:05 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Now however I am questioning whether that fixed it or if Facebook fixed it. I say that because I already had Facebook.com in mine and had not been able to send gifts until tonight.
FB must have fixed itself. i went to options > popup exceptions and i didn't even have Block popups checked so after i saw this post, went and tried to send gifts and the list came up.
Old Mar 19 2014, 06:33 AM

Quote:
I ahve jsut found a work around for ff users to send gifts and train boosts. Hope this is the right place to tell you all.
1. have your fb page open
2.open options in ff browser
3.open content tab
4.open exceptions on block popup windows
5.type facebook in
6.click allow
7. close all and then refresh bowser and all should work
I have just sent a train boost via ff before and gifts as well.
Firefox may be fixed ...... I have just asked for boosts on my train without doing this and it worked

Farming since: 14 December 2009
Closed Thread