Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Jul 25 2021, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Susan,
It doesn't matter how many hours since you have worked an individuals facilities. It requires an 8 hour stop of all facility work, so if you tried to work Mary's even though you got the wrong ones it still resets that time.
Check in the Show Times -Gamewide for Rework Facilities and Rework Service Facilities and that will shgow you how long you have to wait in hours or will have a green check. If it has the green check then you can work them. The time shown will be any thing up to 8 hours.
That's different from how it was. It used to be based on the amount of time I had worked each person's facilities - not as a gamewide thing. I'm used to checking for new postings frequently - maybe once an hour or so. So like at 7:30am, I might work farmers A, B, C & D. Then I check at 8:30 and farmer E has posted so I work theirs, and so on, throughout the day. If Farmer A posts again at 6pm, in the past, I'd be able to work theirs again, since it had been over 8 hours since I had worked theirs. But are you saying that if I had worked Farmer Z's facilities at 5pm, then I wouldn't be able to work A's again at 6pm, because I had worked SOMEBODY'S farms within the 8 hour time period? That seems to be how it's working for the past day or two (maybe since the last bug-fix?) but it's never been that way before.
Old Jul 25 2021, 10:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
That's different from how it was. It used to be based on the amount of time I had worked each person's facilities - not as a gamewide thing. I'm used to checking for new postings frequently - maybe once an hour or so. So like at 7:30am, I might work farmers A, B, C & D. Then I check at 8:30 and farmer E has posted so I work theirs, and so on, throughout the day. If Farmer A posts again at 6pm, in the past, I'd be able to work theirs again, since it had been over 8 hours since I had worked theirs. But are you saying that if I had worked Farmer Z's facilities at 5pm, then I wouldn't be able to work A's again at 6pm, because I had worked SOMEBODY'S farms within the 8 hour time period? That seems to be how it's working for the past day or two (maybe since the last bug-fix?) but it's never been that way before.
Hi Susan,
It has not been that way for several years. It has been that you have to have an 8 hour break before you can rework anyones facilities and it was changed years ago. You may have been lucky and just had a long enough break to allow you to rework them, but it would have to have been 8 hours since you worked the last one.
And no it was not just fixed in the last bug fix. It has been working like that the whole time.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 25 2021, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Hi Susan,
It has not been that way for several years. It has been that you have to have an 8 hour break before you can rework anyones facilities and it was changed years ago. You may have been lucky and just had a long enough break to allow you to rework them, but it would have to have been 8 hours since you worked the last one.
And no it was not just fixed in the last bug fix. It has been working like that the whole time.
Then my farm has had a bug until now. So basically you're saying that it does me no good to check them frequently? Just check them twice a day and be done with it?
Old Jul 25 2021, 10:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Then my farm has had a bug until now. So basically you're saying that it does me no good to check them frequently? Just check them twice a day and be done with it?
Hi Susan,
If your neighbors are like mine I get them posting all day. But if they are reposting and you have already worked some after those then they will be in pink. How you want to do it is up to you. I work mostly in the morning and do what it there. Then when I repost in the evening, I go in and work the ones who have posted new since the morning.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 26 2021, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Hi Susan,
If your neighbors are like mine I get them posting all day. But if they are reposting and you have already worked some after those then they will be in pink. How you want to do it is up to you. I work mostly in the morning and do what it there. Then when I repost in the evening, I go in and work the ones who have posted new since the morning.
Yes, I know the rule about each one I work stays pink for 8 hours. That's always been true. What's new for me is not being able to work ANYONE until I've rested for 8 hours. Each time I work one, it resets the clock to 8 hours for all. That's what you're saying, right?

At least they're all clear this morning!
Old Jul 26 2021, 07:09 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Yes, I know the rule about each one I work stays pink for 8 hours. That's always been true. What's new for me is not being able to work ANYONE until I've rested for 8 hours. Each time I work one, it resets the clock to 8 hours for all. That's what you're saying, right?

At least they're all clear this morning!
Hi Farmer_Susan,

Taz is not available at the moment.

Yes, the timer always resets to 8hrs every time you work anyone's facilities, doesn't matter whose they are.

I'm sorry but that has not changed at all, that's how it worked in flash before the migration so if you were able to rework without waiting the 8 hours that should not have been happening as long as all the facilities on all of the farms were worked.

There are times when someone may not start/load all of their facilities at the time that they post. If they then decide to start/load more of them, you sometimes will see when they post again that the background isn't pink. In these cases you should be getting an oops for the facilities you have already worked without that break, and then you will get products from the ones which you hadn't worked first time round.

Last edited by Tiger; Jul 26 2021 at 07:16 AM.
Old Jul 26 2021, 07:37 AM

Ok. Thanks so much to all of you for your help. I'll just have to modify my strategy.
Old Jul 26 2021, 05:12 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default Want to make a friend on Farmtown

[b][How do I make a friend on Farmtown, Sandie39/B]

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jul 26 2021, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANDIE39 View Post
[b][How do I make a friend on Farmtown, Sandie39/B]

Hi SANDIE39

I moved your post to the thread about Neighbors.

You have to be friends on Facebook and then you can send neighbor requests both ways.

If you need neighbors please visit the following thread, you will see farmers posting there asking for friends and you can also post your own request.
Please be sure to read the first post, first page of that thread for instructions:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=391198
Old Jul 30 2021, 03:21 PM

On the neighbor's tab, one of the options is to order by 'help given.' Where do these numbers come from? I have neighbors who have Huge numbers, and some with very low...so, what did they do to get those numbers?

Tags
archived farm, beige dot, blue dot, can't add neighbour, colored dots, coloured dots, dots, green dot, invite, neighbor, neighbors, neighbour, purple dot, red dot, remove neighbour, super neighbor, super neighbor tools, super neighbors