Go Back   Farm Town > New Forum Users > Game Guide

Closed Thread

Old May 25 2019, 04:41 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!
Default Chapter 02 Basics

Farm Town was deactivated by Facebook on 24th July 2023.
You should have already registered to be able to play on the Slashkey Website where you can continue playing.

If you need help with registration or knowing the differences playing Farm Town on the Website, please click on this link:
https://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=662298

Should you need to get back to this post to look for other information:
Each post has a Table of Contents link bottom right of the post, which when you click, will bring you right back here.

Last edited by Tiger; Jan 26 2024 at 05:55 PM.
Old May 25 2019, 04:42 AM

Default What are Coins for?

With coins you can do your shopping in Farm Town (purchasing items such as seeds, trees, decorations) and also use them to pay employees who plow your fields.

Employees who harvest your fields are paid by the mayor with crops and coins. Their reward for working does not cost you any coins.

Last edited by Tiger; Sep 13 2023 at 08:25 AM.
Old May 25 2019, 04:46 AM

Default How do I earn coins?

You can earn coins by...

• Selling your crops
  • Selling harvested or chopped tree products
  • Selling flowers
  • Visiting neighbours farms once a day, and doing the daily task (tending)
  • Selling fish you have caught in your own waters
  • Working for other farmers, harvesting crops/trees/flowers, chopping trees, plowing, fishing
  • Selling gifts you receive from friends
  • Instead of selling, you can use your produce to make products in facilities and then sell them for a bigger profit.
  • You can work friends facilities and sell any products that you don't have a use for
  • You can earn by doing daily quests
  • Sending ships on that arrive in your port.

When your crops are ready, make sure you hire someone to collect them, you'll earn more by hiring someone else to harvest for you.

When you can, hire someone else to plow your fields: instead of costing you 20 coins a field, it will only cost you 15 coins to hire someone else. Also, if you hire a neighbour it will only cost you 10 coins!

The first time, reinvest all your money in seeds. Depending on what you're able to do, plant raspberries grapes or potatoes for a quick turnover of profit.

Always remember, seed your fields before shopping in the store. This will prevent you from spending money in the store and not being able to plant all of your fields. By planting fields you make a regular income!

Last edited by Tiger; May 28 2019 at 12:07 PM.
Old May 25 2019, 04:52 AM

Default How do I visit other peoples' farms?

How do I visit other peoples' farms?

You can visit any neighbour, in the neighbours bar at the bottom of the game screen.

Click on their picture or their avatar in that bar and a menu will appear, scroll to Visit xxx's Farm, when it turns orange, click on it and you will be taken to their farm.

In this example we are going to visit Maria:
At the very top of the Menu shows Maria is this farmers Neighbour.

In various areas of the game you will be able see that relationship to know if a farm is a Neighbour (blue Background) or a Buddy (Green Background. When there is nothing at the top of the menu, they are not your Neighbour or your Buddy.

If you have many neighbours, there are green and blue arrows at the left side of the neighbours bar that you can click on to scroll though them.
You can also left click your mouse on any neighbour and drag that bar to the left or right if you don't need to move it that far.

If the chat window has appeared where the neighbour bar should be, click the Hide button to the left of the Chat window to close it.
You can also visit the farms of anyone you see in the game when you are online, by clicking on their avatar and choosing Visit xxx's farm from the menu.

To return back to your own farm: You can do any of the following.

Click on your avatar and then click on Go To Your Farm. This will take you back to your default farm.
Click on the house icon bottom right of your game screen.

When you have more than one farm and you click on the house icon you will have more options.
Each numbered box under SHOW NAMES represents one of your farms, clicking on one of those boxes will take you to that farm.
This example shows 44 farms with Farm 11 highlighted in yellow.

SHOW NAMES when clicked on will open a large window titled Go to Farm.
In that window there are boxes representing each of your own farms along with the name of each farm.
Clicking on the name of a farm will take you to that farm.

DEFAULT when clicked on will take you back to your default farm.

LAST when clicked on will take you back to the last one of your farms you were on. This is also indicted by the yellow in the one of the boxes representing each of your farms.

Last edited by Tiger; Oct 19 2023 at 03:00 PM.
Old May 25 2019, 04:54 AM

Default How can I change the name of my farm?

You can only change your own farms name, you can not change anyone else's farm name.

To change your farms name:

1. You need to be on your own farms.

2. If you are anywhere else you need to return home and then go to the farm where you want to change the name, if you have more than one farm.

3. Click on the name of the farm at the top of your game screen and a small window with options will appear.

4. Click in the box with your current farm name in it. In the example the farm name is Hetty's Farm. Use your computer/laptop keyboard to delete that name then type your new name for the farm.

5. Then click on the green check to save the change, or the red cross to cancel.

The Select Animal Behaviour in this Farm can be clicked on and changed to a different setting.
  1. Loose Animals on a farm that are not in buildings can be a drain on computer recourses and make a farm difficult to load. Moving animals can also cause the same loading issues.

2. To change the setting click on it and you will see these options:

3. Then click on the option you want to use (choose Always Freeze Animals if the animals moving is causing you a problem loading the farm)

4. Then click on the green check to save the change, or the red cross to cancel.

The Disable Super-Neighbour Farming and Other farmers cannot water flowers options along with more options you will get as you progress in the game and get more farms are explained in the next post down.

Information about Super Neighbours and what they can do for you are explained in the Super Neighbour Chapter Chapter 06 - Super Neighbours?

Last edited by Tiger; Dec 20 2023 at 10:29 AM.
Old May 25 2019, 05:23 AM

Default Can i make a farm Private?

Yes. You can make a farm Private when you have at least 2 farms.

There are pros and cons for making a farm a Private farm so please make sure you read all of the information below.

If you wanted to prevent anyone going to a farm for any reason, perhaps you are decorating it and want to wait until it's finished before you let others see it, it is possible to make it a Private farm.
  • You can make all but one farm Private.

• You will not be able to hire anyone to work a private farm.

• Super Neighbours will not be able to work or use any of the mobile sprinklers on a Private farm.

• Friends that do NOT have the trains that help with facility work will not be able to go to a Private farm to work them.

• Friends that do have the trains to help with facility work can ONLY work the facilities on the private farm IF if you have enough farms with work on them so that when the mayor takes over doing the rest of the farms (the last 40 to 60%) the mayor will do those facilities for them.

• Those with the 2 dispatched trains that allows them to work all facilities from the farm they arrive on, will also be working facilities on Private farms even though they can not visit them.

Remember - You can NOT make all of your farms Private.

How to make a Farm Private:
  1. Go to the farm you want to make Private.
  2. Click on the name of the farm at the top of your game screen and a window will open.
  3. Place a check mark in the box for "Make this a private farm".
  4. Then click the green check mark to save.

Note about Facility work and Private Farms - You will not be able to post facility work from facilities that are located on a Private farm. You would have to use other facilities on farms that are not Private. When you try you will see a message like this:

The other options in that window are as follows:

Make this My Default Farm - adding a check mark here means anyone visiting you would be taken to that farm, for example via clicking on your avatar at market or visiting you through the neighbour bar option, unless you also made that farm Private as well, in which case they will be redirected to another farm that is not private.

Make this a Quest farm - As of March 2023, you no longer have to own the Animal Harvesting tools to set a farm as a Quest farm.
For those that like to keep a farm with some of the crops/tree/flowers etc that are often needed for Regular Quests this prevents those items from showing up in Farm Stats when you also remove the check mark at the bottom of the Farm Stats for "Include products due to Fertilization, belts and bonuses"

When you ALSO own the the Harvest All tools, (Animal Harvesters) the Quest farm setting ALSO prevents the animal sheds from being harvested on those farms using the Harvest All at the top of the Facility Manager. This can be useful for Quest Purposes. When you set a farm as a Quest farm you will need to harvest the animal sheds on those farms one at a time, either from the sheds on the farm or via your Facility Manager.

This setting will also prevent anyone that is visiting your farms from using the mobile sprinklers to water the flowers on that farm.

Super Neighbours will not be able to irrigate anything on that farm.

However it does NOT prevent anyone from using the watering can to water the flowers.

Disable Super-Neighbour Farming - This will prevent your Super Neighbours from doing any farming work on this farm. You may want to do this for a farm you are designing or have designed or a quest farm where you do not want anything worked on.
If this is the ONLY permission set at farm level. Super Neighbours will NOT be able work that farm BUT they can still water flowers with the mobile sprinkler. They can still irrigate and fertilise anything on that farm.

Remember:
  1. The Quest farm setting will prevent Super Neighbours using any of the mobile sprinklers to irrigate or water flowers on a Quest Farm.
  2. The Private setting also prevents this and prevents anyone from visiting that farm.
  3. When the farm is not Private anyone can use the watering can to water flowers on a Quest farm

Other farmers cannot water flowers - when enabled, farmers will only be able to water the flowers on that farm if they are hired to harvest flowers. This can be useful to "reserve" some flowers for yourself when completing Farm Pass goals related to watering your flowers.
  • Super Neighbours
  • WILL be able to harvest, water and irrigate flowers when they have the permission to harvest flowers for you.

• If they do NOT have the permission to harvest flowers, they NOT be able to harvest/water/irrigate flowers BUT WILLL still be able to Irrigate all other growing items on that farm IF you also own the mobile sprinklers that allow irrigating of crops and trees.

• If you set the farm as a Quest Farm AND enable the permission that prevents other farmers from watering flowers. The Quest Farm setting overrides the other permission. Your Super Neighbours can only harvest the flowers, they will not be able to water or Irrigate flowers/crops/trees with the mobile sprinklers. They can water flowers using the watering can only.

Animal Behaviors - If you would like to change the animal behavior on a specific farm, click on the little drop down arrow next to Select Animal behavior in this farm and you will see the options.

Freezing animals prevents them moving around freely on your farm which can be useful if you want them to stay in the same spot when you may be designing so that they don't move around an could get in your way or you may want them to stay within fences you may have placed on the farm. To Freeze the Animals set the option like this:

Remember that when you change any of these farm level permissions you need to click on the green check mark to save the changes!

Last edited by Tiger; Dec 20 2023 at 10:09 AM.
Old May 25 2019, 05:38 AM

Default What does the message regarding the "lottery" mean?

When you first connect to the game for that day a message will appear stating that you won the lottery and have been awarded a varying amount of coins. This will happen the first time you go to your farm daily.

This is just a little bonus for the regular players.

This is an example of the message you will see...

If you click the green check mark you will take a photo of your farm which you can post to Facebook and the coins will be added to your total.

If you do not want to take a photo of your farm, click the red check mark and the coins will be added without taking a photo.

Last edited by Tiger; Sep 13 2023 at 08:30 AM.
Old May 25 2019, 05:43 AM

Default How do I move around my farm?

Firstly, using the directional pad which is located in the game bar at the bottom of the screen.

However it is easier to use your mouse to move the farm in any direction. Hover your mouse anywhere on the farm then "Left click and hold the button down" , then move the mouse to drag the farm into a new position.

To move your avatar, click where you want to go. Your avatar will move to where you clicked.

I bought a Second farm. How do I get back to the First one?

When you buy a second farm a small green grid titled "SHOW NAMES" will appear top left of your game screen, between your message envelope and coins. Underneath "SHOW NAMES" each of the rectangles represents one of your farms. The top row left to right are farms 1 to 4, the second row underneath are farms 5 to 8 and so on. This example shows 10 farms:

If you hover your mouse over that grid it will expand so you can see it easier. Hover over one of the rectangles and it will tell you name and size of that farm. The yellow colour in one of them represents the farm you are currently on. Clicking a rectangle will take you to that farm.

Clicking on "SHOW NAMES" will open a new window showing you all your farms. If you click on the name of a farm it will take you to that farm. You can find out what else this window can show in Chapter 16 How do I navigate from farm to farm?

Last edited by Tiger; Sep 13 2023 at 08:30 AM.
Old May 25 2019, 06:04 AM

Default How do I Plant seeds in my farm?

First of all you need to plow fields. To do this use the tool as shown above. If crops have wasted you also use this tool to plow the wasted fields.

Once you have done this you need to plant seeds.

Click on the Store icon and then click on the "Seeds" tab. Any seed that is showing unlocked is one you can plant. Hover your mouse over the box containing the seed you want and "Buy" will appear. Click on "Buy" then click on a plowed field to plant the seed.

This is an example of what you could see:

Top left of that window will show you how many coins you have available to spend. Don't spend them all as you will need coins to plow the fields again, plowing always cost coins.

If you have a purchased a seeder ( 1x2 , 2x2 or 3x3 ) you can plant more than one field at a time, however these tools use Fuel. How to get Fuel is explained in Chapter 20 Fuel. Click on the Seeder to pick it up and the Seed section of the store will open. Then click Buy on the seed you want to plant and then click on the plowed fields.

As you plant each field, coins will be deducted from your coin total.

You can find out more about Crops and how to sort the seed list in Chapter 26 Seeds.

Last edited by Tiger; Sep 13 2023 at 08:31 AM.
Old May 25 2019, 06:06 AM

Default How do I Harvest fields, trees and flowers?

Once your crops, trees or flowers are ready to be collected, use the "Harvest" tool (picture above) and click on the field, tree or flower you wish to harvest. Your Harvests will then be sent to your Harvests & Products section of Storage You can find out all about the different sections of Storage in Chapter 14 - Storage

When you have finished harvesting and click the Walk icon (Green Man) to stop using the tool everything will come back into view.

Last edited by Tiger; Sep 13 2023 at 08:31 AM.
Closed Thread