Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Oct 21 2009, 03:23 PM
Account Not Linked

can the people you hire to harvest or plow use the new machines???
Old Oct 21 2009, 03:35 PM

Question penalized for not buying new tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrophyt View Post
Thanks developers! These machines sound like a good addition. Thing is, you don't have to buy them.
I love all the new things the developers keep coming up with.
Happy Planting!
yes but if you don't buy them you can only use 1Xplow. If I don't want them, in essence,
I am stuck Having to plow with 1Xplow. So if I want to plow my own farm without new
expensive tools it will take me as long as it did when i did not have ten neighbors.
I am level 30. I worked hard to get to use 4Xplow. But now am forced to pay or go back
to the way I did when had small farm and didn't have the privilege to use new 4Xplow.
Now all of that hard work is for nothing if I simply don''t want to buy. Also no incentive
to hire from market, friends, or neighbors. No difference between using new expensive
tools or hiring others. Anti Social. Thought Farm Town was for social interaction and fun.
Old Oct 21 2009, 03:46 PM

Cool extra points when hiring others

Quote:
Originally Posted by warchant View Post
i don't understand why people are so upset about the harvester. you still get more money when you hire someone. therefore, for most people, the game isn't going to change.
no you do not get the extra points anymore. That is one of the fun things I liked before.
takes away an incentive. read the rules.
Old Oct 21 2009, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody83 View Post
how come it appears the large machines are charging $3 to purchase yet this is not showed when you're buying?
huh???????????????????????????
Old Oct 21 2009, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warchant View Post
sorry if this has already been answered

if you hire someone to harvest your farm, can they use your tractor to harvest?

if not, then do you get the same amount of money when harvesting with equipment than you would if you hired someone to harvest.
Not much point in spending big bucks for machinery that you can't use on other's farms or that you make less money on if you use it,...I am disappointed...I guess they are really just for show...
Old Oct 21 2009, 04:00 PM
Account Not Linked

Thank you for the new tools; however, I really, really want more land. Also, I would love to have weeping willow trees on my farm.
Old Oct 21 2009, 04:01 PM
Green Wizard ( Level 34 )

Farmer Since: Apr 10 2009
Level:
Trophies: 14
XP:

You CAN STILL HIRE PPL TO DO THE WORK AND GET MORE MONEY FOR THE CROPS... IT IS ONLY IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE THE MACHINES THAT YOU DON'T GET THE EXTRA MONEY FOR HARVESTING AND HAVE TO PAY FULL PRICE TO PLOW!!!!!!

Visit The Circle C Tree Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Oct 21 2009, 04:01 PM

Maybe developers could count up how many people say the same thing about why bother. I have been
reading and it is a significant amount. They are not complaining they are being logical. My problem
is the incentive to be social is significantly reduced. Now those who can buy will just be farming all
alone on their big farms. Why is that fun? P. S. I have not ever complained before. I just loved game
and used option on forum to make suggestions for fun stuff. I don't necessarily want to go faster. Makes us lazy. Why go faster. takes away from fun just doing harvesting and plowing with friends. These are just toys. But having to use them to do the things we could
do before is just kind of like when you don't have the choice to use a different cable company when in certain areas . I don't like having choice taken away and made to do
something I don't want to do. Believe me if I was new and wanted to learn how to play
this game I just might not want to play. I like things simple.
Old Oct 21 2009, 04:09 PM

Default Fuel Timing

I refueled last night at 11:00 pm. It is now 4:00 the next afternoon and it says I can't refuel for another 23 hours 46 minutes. What is the timing of refueling. I want to be consistent everyday or at least understand it. Love the new tools though as I both harvest and plant my own farm so that nobody can harvest my trees. Thank you FarmTown. Hopefully I post my farm link correctly:

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1605830082

Last edited by Angel7; Oct 21 2009 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Try to fix URL
Old Oct 21 2009, 04:10 PM

Default Not complaining but being logical

[quote=carmenfarmin';2392426]Maybe developers could count up how many people say the same thing about why bother. I have been
reading and it is a significant amount. They are not complaining they are being logical. My problem
is the incentive to be social is significantly reduced. Now those who can buy will just be farming all
alone on their big farms. Why is that fun? P. S. I have not ever complained before. I just loved game
and used option on forum to make suggestions for fun stuff. I don't necessarily want to go faster. Makes us lazy. Why go faster. takes away from fun just doing harvesting and plowing with friends. These are just toys. But having to use them to do the things we could
do before is just kind of like when you don't have the choice to use a different cable company when in certain areas . I don't like having choice taken away and made to do
something I don't want to do. Believe me if I was new and wanted to learn how to play
this game I just might not want to play. I like things simple. I totally have enough money to buy these. That is not the problem. So this upgrade is nice for those with small farms and less neighbors. It is only fun for those who like big new toys (which is not wrong) but not fun for those who farm for a different reason. It does not make much sense for those who are on higher levels. And it reduces the incentives for the fun social aspect of game.
how many of those statements are negative vs positive. Count them.
Closed Thread