Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 22 2009, 10:04 PM

I only read a few posts here tonight and I can understand the frustration of many people.

I was hired tonight to plow... and once i got to the job along with 4-5 others, i went to sort of make a separation between me and them... I clicked the way I always did, and seeing "something wrong" I left the job.

Next job I realized what was happening. I must tell you that I adopted very quickly, and thought of many reasons that this was done...

I might be off base but one thing that came to mind was the cheating programs, the cheaters who plowed a whole field with random clicks, and those who hogged what they could of a job, with no regard for others.

True it's a game and it's dog eat dog... but I was not having fun while I watched a whole field get devoured by a plow program in 20 seconds.

I WELCOME THE CHANGE !

Slow? I don't think so... it was way slow when I had to walk each and every block of harvest and or plow... THAT was slow. It has nothing to do with fast or slow computers... and no more SAVE hoping to keep your points and Xps... you earn as you work. I like that.

I always harvested and plowed in rows... neat . Cause it took the same amount of clicks to do neat as to be all over the place.

I WELCOME THE CHANGE !

I work on the block next to me or one over... bing- bang- zoom... Job done faster than before.

Is there any change for the better approved by all? No, and it will never be.

Get used to it... threatening to leave does nothing.

I am so glad that these idiots with their cheating programs racing to level 60 just because, are over and done with.

Bravo to the developers whose job is amazing !! I can't please my boss... let alone millions of people!
++

MAIN ACCOUNT
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=690252375
Old Dec 22 2009, 10:04 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denali View Post
Some users will complain? You have over 40 pages of complaints on the first day...... was there more than 40 pages of complaints about XP ad coins missing????
Yes. About 500 pages or so. Probably much more, that was from just two threads.
About 145 pages on harvesting and about 350 on issues other than harvesting. There were more complaints about missing coins/xp points from issues other than harvesting so those here that contend that people losing coins were going too fast is sorta out the window. That accounts for less than one third the complaints.

At one point it cost me about 2500 coins plus xp points to move 3 trees. Was I working too fast? Every time I left the market it would cost me coins and cash. Did I leave too fast?
I repeat, there are considerably more complaints about losing coins and cash on issues other than harvesting.

DB:W20, MPS:C20

Last edited by Old Goat; Dec 22 2009 at 10:55 PM. Reason: poor math *snort*
Old Dec 22 2009, 10:05 PM

I hate the new upgrade!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I used to be able to harvest and pplow really fast now, its back the way it was 8 months ago!!! This was no upgrade its a downgrade!!!! Yes i read why it happened, i never lost coins or xp. Please please please put it back!!!!! This is retarded!
Old Dec 22 2009, 10:05 PM

Level:
XP:

I am a marble mouse wizard and fast as the wind. But now, this reminds me of when i first started. Higher levels that require 10000 xp to lvl up how long do you think it will take now?

Visit 's Farm

Old Dec 22 2009, 10:06 PM

First, I want to thank the developers who put so much time and effort into working on this game. I was one of those who was constantly timing out, losing xp's and coin, not earning anything for working, etc. BUT... that wasn't as bad as this new "fix." I have two farms, one of which has over 1000 fields. You've turned FT into a full-time job. I don't have that kind of time. Unless something is done to speed things up to a reasonable level I'll be quitting along with a whole lot of other people. I absolutely loved FT but I am now completely frustrated. This is a game and should be fun and relaxing. I was planning on harvesting and plowing my 1000+ fields before going to work in the morning. With the slowness of the game I'd have to call in sick to get it done! My avatar takes forever to just walk to the first field. I'd rather fight the lost coin and xp's than be so frustrated with the slowness of the new upgrade.

I hope you are listening to all of us.

Waterfall Orchard
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1633494858
Fully decorated farms on #1 and #11

Retirement Dream
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000263088048
Fully decorated farm on #1
Old Dec 22 2009, 10:07 PM

I can see I'm in the minority here, I actually welcome the new changes.
The best part about them is that it stops the PECKERS, who'd peck into a field like a darn chicken, taking plots from all over the place. It'll keep farmers in their own areas and not sniping plots out from under our feet.
And i was no slouch either, I'm constantly being told how fast I am at both harvesting and plowing.

This way just seems fairer. Anyone can just click, click, click, all over the screen real quickly and snag as many plots as ya can, then claim to be a fast plower. coz there's no skill in that.
This new way actually takes a bit of Mouse Control and Co-ordination, it will really seperate the Farmers from the Fakers.

It's only taken me two harvests and plows to get up to speed with this method and I find it only slightly slower than the old method. Actually quicker than the old method if I was working with a peckerhead or two, who kept cutting my rows in half.
It's like all the updates ppl hated, once ya get used to it and up to speed you'll probably see how it's much better than the old way.

Thanx Bert and Raul, This is a great Update.
Old Dec 22 2009, 10:08 PM

I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous. No offense to Raul, and the other developers, BUT, if you had LISTENED (listening IS an art you know and often conducive to forward progress) to your players to begin with, then you wouldn't have needed to implement these new changes. I've been saying it for the longest time.....FIX WHAT'S BROKEN BEFORE YOU IMPLEMENT ANYTHING NEW.
It's really a pretty simple concept. If you'd taken on the missing XP/coins issue months ago (as you said you were going to) and addressed everyone's concerns over THAT issue, then you wouldn't have had to create more work for yourself here and leave an even larger number of players with NEW complaints. I guess I'll go back to decorating my farm again, until I see some logic derived from something more concrete than a cracker-jack box.

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aluft View Post
When I first started playing, I got xp points, got the money when harvesting for others and dealt with the "Wait, I'm busy" balloon I'd get if I tried to go too fast.

Then FT upgraded and everyone was able to zoom through fields.

But the cost to many of us was we no longer got our xp points and could no longer level up.
Not to mention the people that randomly picked fields like a checkerboard to make it impossible for the more sane people that like a relaxed game to have any fun.

The last upgrade before this, I was finally able to once again begin to level up. As someone suggested, it was not us, it was something in farmtown. That was remedied in the Previous upgrade...for me anyhow. I once again began to enjoy the game so I would again harvest and plow for others, which I had stopped doing because it was futile in any attempt to level up.

The fallout to the speed was the "hogs" that would checkerboard a field you were working or blindly cut you off when you were working in some reasonable manner. If anyone is to blame for the newest upgrade, blame them.

I once again became frustrated when I would get hired on a farm and some individual would just cut me off when there is a whole field to do, and they took it upon themselves to be greedy.

This is a game folks...not a race. It's something to do at leasure, not something to do to aggrivate others because you want to get to the next level so fast.

Chill out, relax, have some fun...be social.....

I for one like the pace and not having that wacko checkerboarding a field. That has become all to common.

So for all you speed demons out there that like to get ahead at others expenses...HA!!!
I can now once again enjoy a GAME!.
Al
If you cant keep up that yor problem and your internet speed. I have people all the time out harvest me or out plow me. My hubby can out plow me and we are on the same internet connection he is just faster and more accurate than me. GET OVER IT. Its just a game !!! If you can handle playing intelantly than dont play!!!!! I am so tired of hearing people complain cause others are faster than them.

Account Not Linked

way to slow !!! it sux .takes way to long and im like a lot of people that can not stay on this app all day just to harvest and plow one farm .losing way to much money,and time.Change It Back.
Old Dec 22 2009, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallicat View Post
My only complaint is that this should be titled "22nd", not "22th". xD
I broke out with a BIG laugh from this comment. LOL
I did notice it too.
Closed Thread