Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Closed Thread

Old Jan 17 2015, 05:17 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I love the flower harvester, tree harvester and tree chopper about equally. When I advertise in the market that I do trees or flowers I get hired fairly quickly. The turbo boat for fishing is important too.

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jan 18 2015, 08:41 AM

TY for your input WillowTreeFarm ..
Old Jan 18 2015, 12:39 PM

Spotsrock, you did not indicate what level you were at, only that you wanted to "catch up" in levels (whatever that means). You get 1 farm cash each time you level up and there are currently 600 levels in the game (and between levels 375 and 400 you get 2 farm cash when you level up) which means that you have 625 FC that you can earn simply by leveling up. What you need to decide first is how you want the direction of your farm to go. If you your goal is simply to level up and you don't work outside the home, then I'd plant lots of 2 and 4 hour crops to harvest and sell at the market to get coins quickly and the farming tools (plow, harvester, shaker) can help you do this faster. For me, a fertilizer is worth its weight in gold because it doubles your crops, but to use it you need a pig sty and lots of pigs. I obtained my pigs by exchanging every gift for a pig for several months and the pig sty is available in the store for coins. I'm only interested in the first two fertilizers. I consider a sprinkle worth it's weight in gold also. The first FC sprinkler only waters flowers, but the second waters crops also and reduces the growing time. The semi truck is another necessary item as that is where you get you meats from and other items such as leather and carbonated water. A turbo boat is also necessary if you want to do a lot of fishing. I only have the green boat now, but turbo is on the list of items over the next 100 levels. I don't consider the big farm tools a necessity since the coin ones do well for my farm and when I hire out I can request to use the employers tools. To use tools, however, you will need fuel. Begin now by placing an oil well on every farm and saving up the oil. I would make my first factory a an Oil Manufacturing factory and would also purchase the petrochemical plant. Two factories you cannot do without and progress in the game very quickly. Buy as many farms as you can comfortably afford but don't overspend. Keep saving coins as you will need them to expand your farms. I don't spend farm cash to expand farms (except for farm 3...if you don't have 30 neighbors you will need to shell out 40 FC to purchase it). The rest of the game is pretty much up to you and the direction you want to go. Happy Farming.
Old Jan 20 2015, 05:35 PM

Default Hiring for planting crops

For those of us that get busy, or simply don't like to plant our crops, how about being able to hire people to plant our crops for us? When the hiring process is chosen, have a place where you can fill in what the person wants planted, or make it where the employer has to go back to the farm to let the employee know the details. This would give exp and cash for the job like harvesting and plowing and of course allowing them to use the employers tools/fuel . I think it would help alot of people level up, make money, and bring some much needed changes to the hiring process.
Old Jan 20 2015, 06:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnsrockn View Post
For those of us that get busy, or simply don't like to plant our crops, how about being able to hire people to plant our crops for us? When the hiring process is chosen, have a place where you can fill in what the person wants planted, or make it where the employer has to go back to the farm to let the employee know the details. This would give exp and cash for the job like harvesting and plowing and of course allowing them to use the employers tools/fuel . I think it would help alot of people level up, make money, and bring some much needed changes to the hiring process.
Hi Dawn,
Please put your Suggestion in the Suggestion section where the developers wioll be more likely to see it. You cannot start a new thread there, but you can reply to an existing thread that fits your suggestion.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 21 2015, 09:55 PM

Default Weekly updates

Hi all im just starting this new thread to see if anyone would be as interested as me if we got a weekly podcast from the dev's or moderators about what's coming soon and what they are doing constantly to make our game even better for us! If we can get quite a bit interest in this then i'm sure they will notice us!! :d

at least then we can be prepared for big updates and releases
Old Jan 21 2015, 10:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexm2012 View Post
Hi all im just starting this new thread to see if anyone would be as interested as me if we got a weekly podcast from the dev's or moderators about what's coming soon and what they are doing constantly to make our game even better for us! If we can get quite a bit interest in this then i'm sure they will notice us!! :d

Hi Alex,
I moved your thread to the General Feedback forum as it does not contain a question or problem that needs help or support. I already answered your other post about this.
I can tell you right now that the moderators can't do this because we don't know any more about what is coming than you do. And the developers don't say until it is released.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 22 2015, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexm2012 View Post

I don't understand quite what you are saying about the devs and mods noticing us. I have never had a problem getting the mods attention. As far as knowing what's coming in the next release....I LOVE surprises. I like NOT knowing what's coming. I like the anticipation and wondering what will be in the next release.
Old Jan 22 2015, 09:24 PM

Default Snow roof patches

Sorry, I didn't know where to post this so I started a new thread... Please let me know if you move it...
My question is why are the Snow Roof Patches, which were introduced this past Christmas, considered seasonal???... They should go in the Winter section in the store... Valentine is next month, and we in Canada, still have snow Feb 14... I went to the store to buy more of the Snow Patches for my Valentine Farm and obviously, didn't find any... we should be able to buy them all year round, not just at Christmas...

Thank you...

P.S. As always, great update!!!... Love this game!!!...

Farming since February 7, 2009
Level 1200+
Farms 1-39 @46x46
Farm 40 @50x50
Farms 41 @42x42 & 42 @36x36

SHELL VALLEY Properties
Old Jan 22 2015, 09:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellgirlmtl View Post
Sorry, I didn't know where to post this so I started a new thread... Please let me know if you move it...
My question is why are the Snow Roof Patches, which were introduced this past Christmas, considered seasonal???... They should go in the Winter section in the store... Valentine is next month, and we in Canada, still have snow Feb 14... I went to the store to buy more of the Snow Patches for my Valentine Farm and obviously, didn't find any... we should be able to buy them all year round, not just at Christmas...

Thank you...

P.S. As always, great update!!!... Love this game!!!...
Hi Shellgirlmtl,
You would be better off putting your suggestion in the Suggestions section where the developers will be more likely to see it. You cannot start a new thread there, but you can reply to an existing thread in that section which fits your suggestion.
Closed Thread

Tags
neighbors, storage capacity