Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Jun 25 2018, 10:02 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydester123 View Post
Why does it take so long between loading farms and changing tools? I fall asleep sometimes while waiting.i clean cache often and refresh several times during the day.
Hi Clydester,
I moved your post to the Help & Support subject thread on slow loading.
It could be any number of reasons why you are loading slow and slow changing tools. There are some suggestions in the first post of this thread. Other than those it could be an internet link somewhere causing a slow down and since there are many such links between you and the Facebook app server and then many more links from there to the Farm Town servers any one can cause this problem. Unfortunately we have no control or way to monitor those to know if there is a problem.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 26 2018, 09:46 AM

Is anyone else having this issue:

When I click to water..most often,Flash has a big problem.loading.Either things freeze for awhile or I get the message..Do you want to exit or wait for Flash!!!!!
Old Jun 26 2018, 11:43 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petuniaflower View Post
Is anyone else having this issue:

When I click to water..most often,Flash has a big problem.loading.Either things freeze for awhile or I get the message..Do you want to exit or wait for Flash!!!!!
Hi Petuniaflower,
It sounds to me like you may have a corrupt file in Flash. You might want to uninstall and reinstall your Flash.

Try uninstalling your flash player, do not use the windows add/remove as it will not delete all the flash files properly, instead use the uninstaller provided my Adobe. Please use the following link for the uninstaller.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/...r-windows.html

Then reinstall flash using the following link... remember to do this from the browser you intend on using flash on as there are several versions.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Jun 26 2018 at 12:06 PM.
Old Jul 02 2018, 09:28 AM

What is up with the miserable black swash in the middle of my play field taking over 10 minutes to load.

Had 21 farms to do and did 18 of the and going to farm 19 it just sat there taking 30 seconds to just load 1 %. I finished the whole farm wile it was loading and waited, and waited, and waited for it to load the rest of the assets ( like the game didn't already know the assets?). I had to eventually close out the tab completely and then it wouldn't even load my farm. Had to turn off my computer to load my game and went back in an attempt to finish the last two farm. another 10 minutes to "load assets on farm 19 and once again had to close the tab. Checked my computer and put up my other game (thankfully is a stand alone game and not attached to FB). This game has tons of icons and pictures and I could whizz through it no problem.

I know you are going to say you have to rely of the traffic the FB is having at that particular time so it is a shame a nice game like FT can't be a stand alone game. Maybe FT needs to find a way to just have the assets loaded just once and not every time you go to the next farm?
Old Jul 02 2018, 09:50 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingmanFarm View Post
What is up with the miserable black swash in the middle of my play field taking over 10 minutes to load.

Had 21 farms to do and did 18 of the and going to farm 19 it just sat there taking 30 seconds to just load 1 %. I finished the whole farm wile it was loading and waited, and waited, and waited for it to load the rest of the assets ( like the game didn't already know the assets?). I had to eventually close out the tab completely and then it wouldn't even load my farm. Had to turn off my computer to load my game and went back in an attempt to finish the last two farm. another 10 minutes to "load assets on farm 19 and once again had to close the tab. Checked my computer and put up my other game (thankfully is a stand alone game and not attached to FB). This game has tons of icons and pictures and I could whizz through it no problem.

I know you are going to say you have to rely of the traffic the FB is having at that particular time so it is a shame a nice game like FT can't be a stand alone game. Maybe FT needs to find a way to just have the assets loaded just once and not every time you go to the next farm?
Hi Wingman,
It is not just the Facebook traffic. It could be any one of the many links between you and Facebook and then more links from Facebook to the Farm Town servers. You do not get a direct connection to Facebook or the Farm Town servers. Your stand alone game if it is not loaded on your computer could possibly have the same problem. The path to get to it is obviously not the same path that your data travels through as this game.
The game may know what the assests are, but since each farm has different assets then those that are new for that farm must be downloaded to your computer to show on your screen.
Old Jul 04 2018, 09:27 AM

Default Flower Farms very slow loading

Has anyone reported issues with flower farms loading slowly in the last few weeks? I'm not having trouble with any other farms, but specifically with large flower farms, and ONLY in the last few weeks. A couple neighbors have said the same thing.

I am a long term player and know and have done all the troubleshooting with flash, etc.

Thanks!!
Old Jul 04 2018, 09:46 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika092410 View Post
Has anyone reported issues with flower farms loading slowly in the last few weeks? I'm not having trouble with any other farms, but specifically with large flower farms, and ONLY in the last few weeks. A couple neighbors have said the same thing.

I am a long term player and know and have done all the troubleshooting with flash, etc.

Thanks!!
Hi Erika092410,

There has been a couple of reports which we have not been able to duplicate so far, however support are looking into this. Please report this to support and let them know if this is when hired to work or working your own farms and whether the slowness is the loading of the flowers or getting the tool in hand.

To contact them click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Please be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.
Old Jul 04 2018, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika092410 View Post

Thanks!!
Ya. This is the same issue I reported a month ago, but they have been unable to duplicate it since I have full sized farms with layers and tons of factories, trees, {and on just a few fish} and the moderators probably do not have as many. It hadn't occurred to me that it was just the farms with flowers that were being the problem until I saw your post. So kudos on that.

If you have the bulk removal tool I suggested selling the ones on farms where you plant shorter term crops and replanting where you plant longer term crops. That is what I just spent the last hour doing myself.

Clear FT Cache
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

Adobe Flash Player Settings Manager (2nd tab from the right to delete all sites)
http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager07.html

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives!
Old Jul 06 2018, 12:47 PM

Default flower farms

ever since this last update, all flower farms on mine and 2 of my friends' farms are loading EXTREMELY slowly! have done all of the usual troubleshooting tips on all 3 farms but it doesn't make a difference... help!
Old Jul 06 2018, 12:58 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minxie63 View Post
ever since this last update, all flower farms on mine and 2 of my friends' farms are loading EXTREMELY slowly! have done all of the usual troubleshooting tips on all 3 farms but it doesn't make a difference... help!
Hi minxie63,

I have moved your post to the thread about the game running slow. Support are looking into this. Please report this to support and let them know the kind of farms you are working, eg, if they are heavily stacked or just regular flowers only farms.

To contact them click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Please be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

Tags
slow game