Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Feb 26 2020, 03:15 AM

Default Accepting and returning gifts

Hi, I am unable to accept and return gifts and all the train requests I have had say 'sorry, this request has expired. I can get into the gifting screen, I can exchange gifts and click accept but when I select return gifts I can't, the screen just hangs there not doing anything and when I load my farm there are no gifts in my gift box. I have tried using my memo-cache cleaner and rebooting Ft but that action isn't helping at all. Thanks
Old Feb 26 2020, 05:04 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivienne57 View Post
Hi, I am unable to accept and return gifts and all the train requests I have had say 'sorry, this request has expired. I can get into the gifting screen, I can exchange gifts and click accept but when I select return gifts I can't, the screen just hangs there not doing anything and when I load my farm there are no gifts in my gift box. I have tried using my memo-cache cleaner and rebooting Ft but that action isn't helping at all. Thanks
Hi Vivienne57,

There is an issue with loading the game at this time, I would wait until that is resolved before you try gifts again. Keep an eye on the following post we will update that announcement as we get information: http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/announcement.php?a=358
Old Feb 27 2020, 12:11 PM

Unhappy Receive Gifts

I have tried since the beginning of this week February 23 to try and received gifts sent, when I click on accept I get a message in RED " An error has occurred. Please try again later" This has been happening 4 days, so what do I do now, please and thank, I need help
Old Feb 27 2020, 12:27 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helpmeplease View Post
I have tried since the beginning of this week February 23 to try and received gifts sent, when I click on accept I get a message in RED " An error has occurred. Please try again later" This has been happening 4 days, so what do I do now, please and thank, I need help
Hi Helpmeplease,
You need to make sure you have cookies and pop ups allowed in your browser. We have instructions on how to do that for the more popular browsers in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118

If you are using IE, Edge or Safari please read the information in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=635906
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 01 2020, 07:15 AM

Default Unable to Received Gifts/Requests

On Thursday Morning 2/28/2020 Farmtown Had a Problem with loading the game it would try to load but kept repeating the load , I figured it was having an issue and Decided to try back that evening ,. Thursday evening i tried to load farmtown again and it loaded as usual Game played as Expected. Tried to accept my requests /gift and I keep getting and Error message which says And Error has occurred try back later and this message has been the case since
Therefore I am losing over 100 gifts per 4 hours .. I have rest my computer clear my cache and micro cace Updated and did all the things support told me to do in the replied email . I now believe the issue lies with Fartown /Facebook and now my computer . Is there a fix for this Problem ???
Old Mar 01 2020, 09:49 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by garywatson View Post
On Thursday Morning 2/28/2020 Farmtown Had a Problem with loading the game it would try to load but kept repeating the load , I figured it was having an issue and Decided to try back that evening ,. Thursday evening i tried to load farmtown again and it loaded as usual Game played as Expected. Tried to accept my requests /gift and I keep getting and Error message which says And Error has occurred try back later and this message has been the case since
Therefore I am losing over 100 gifts per 4 hours .. I have rest my computer clear my cache and micro cace Updated and did all the things support told me to do in the replied email . I now believe the issue lies with Fartown /Facebook and now my computer . Is there a fix for this Problem ???
Hi Garywatson,
Did you make sure you have cookies and pop ups allowed per the instructions in the following link for the popular browsers:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118

If you are using Edge, IE or Safari then please read the information in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=635906
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 02 2020, 05:20 AM

Last night and this morning I am getting "An error has occurred. Please try again later." every time I try to do something with gifts.
I just tried memcache clear, but that didn't help.

NOTE: I can still play the rest of the game fine.

I just tried Firefox, and it worked. It is only happening under chrome.

Last edited by lkendter; Mar 02 2020 at 05:35 AM. Reason: Added note about Firefox
Old Mar 02 2020, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkendter View Post
Last night and this morning I am getting "An error has occurred. Please try again later." every time I try to do something with gifts.
I just tried memcache clear, but that didn't help.

NOTE: I can still play the rest of the game fine.
Hi lkendter,

Please make sure the browser you are using is up to date then please check that cookies and popups are still allowed in the browser in case something has changed. Instructions for some of the popular browsers, if you need them, are in this link: Flash Player and Cookies/Popup Set up

If you are using Edge, IE or Safari, please check the post in the following link to see the issues with with using those browsers: Browser Issues

If cookies and pop ups are fine in your browser, try another browser making sure that it is also up to date and cookies and popup are allowed and see if you get the same problem there. If one browser works and the other doesn't then there is something different between the 2 browsers.

If you have any addons or extensions for your browser that are not the FarmTown Flash Enabler, try disabling them and then close and reopen the browser and see if that resolves your issue.
Old Mar 02 2020, 06:12 AM

I'll have to try this more after work. So far didn't spot the bad setting.

I just installed chrome Version 80.0.3987.122 before this issue. It must be something with the newest version.
Old Mar 02 2020, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkendter View Post
I'll have to try this more after work. So far didn't spot the bad setting.

I just installed chrome Version 80.0.3987.122 before this issue. It must be something with the newest version.
Hi lkendter,

OK , just to let you know I am using that version of Chrome and am not having the problems you are. Hopefully something we listed will help to resolve this for you.

Tags
can't accept gifts, can't exchange, can't receive gifts, can't send gifts, exchange gifts, gift, gift box, gift errors, gifts, gifts not showing up, how many gifts, not able to receive gifts, receive gifts, receiving gifts, returning gifts, send gifts, sending gifts, stuck gifts, unable to receive gifts, window narrows