Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Aug 09 2018, 09:52 PM

Default New Release -- August 9th, 2018

See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Updates at the end of this post. Last changes released on August 29th, 6:30PM.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes. En Español AQUI

1. 25 New Levels: Items located in the Buildings, Farm Decor, Motion, Furniture and Other categories in the Store.

2. Last 5 expansions for Farm 36, see prices below:

34x34 - 30500000000 coins or 30 FarmCash
36x36 - 31000000000 coins or 30 FarmCash
38x38 - 31500000000 coins or 30 FarmCash
40x40 - 32000000000 coins or 30 FarmCash
42x42 - 32500000000 coins or 30 FarmCash
44x44 - 33000000000 coins or 30 FarmCash
46x46 - 33500000000 coins or 30 FarmCash

3. System to request bonus rewards for recently earned Belts and Dans: This area of the game has always been pretty unstable and players complained about:

a) Missed bonuses
b) Too many message boxes shown when multiple Belts/Dans were earned during a Start All operation in the Facility Manager
c) Not been able to claim the most valuable bonuses you were interested in

To minimize the issues above we have added a new tab to the 'Your Belts' screen named 'Recent Belts'. That screen will show all the Belts and Dans you have earned in the past 12 hours so you can select which reward bonuses to claim.

Notice that the previous rules have not changed, meaning, you can only claim up to 5 bonuses in a 12 hour period.

4. Bulldozer Ex 8 x 8: Delete up to 1024 items at once, either buildings and decorations OR plants and fields OR both, in a squared area up to 8 x 8 plow fields.

It works similar to the other Extended Mode tools but with more options, you can select what to delete and the size of the tool before you start using it. Also, the yellow square moves from one tile to the next, similar to the way the Plower tool works, giving you more flexibility on what area to clear.

5. Other Improvements released in the past 2 weeks:

a) Performance improvements to farm loading times, specially heavy loaded farms, eliminating the slowness introduced by Adobe Flash Player version 30
b) Changing ground cover was triggering a timeout error when hired for design

6. Increased Honey production by 12% and Yeast by 16%: This would help with the new demand of these products by the new Meadery facility.

7. Belgian Restaurant (FC): Produces Belgian Food.

Shrimp Stuffed Tomatoes
Mussels with Fry
Waterzooi
Eel in the Green
Stoemp with Sausage
Filet Americain
Belgian Meatballs
Brussels Waffles

8. Haberdashery Supplies Factory (Coins): Produces Haberdashery Supplies.

Fabric Scissors
Thimble
Sewing Tracing Wheel
Sewing Thread
Zipper
Sewing Machine
Pin Cushion
Dress Form

9. Meadery (FC): Produces Meads.

Classic Mead
Apple Mead
Maple Mead
Cherry Mead
Blackberry Mead
Elderberry Mead
Vanilla Chamomile Mead
Fire Mead

10. Haberdashery Store (Coins): Provides Haberdashery Supplies Retail Services and can be stocked with products from the Haberdashery Supplies Factory.

11. Taste of Vietnam (FC): Provides Vietnam Cultural Exchange and Food Tasting Services and can be stocked with products from the Vietnamese Restaurant.

12. Taste of New Orleans (Coins): Provides New Orleans Cultural Exchange and Food Tasting Services and can be stocked with products from the Cajun Restaurant.

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post-Release Info - August 9th, 11:30PM

- Bugfix: Rotate capabilities added to the Taste facilities

Post-Release Info - August 10th, 1:10AM

- Bugfix: Seeds button missing in the 'Your Belts' screen.

Post-Release Info - August 13th, 5:00PM

- Bugfix: When hiring others, if you earned a belt while your employee was doing the harvesting, that belt was not shown on the Recent Belts section and the bonus opportunity was missed
- Bugfix: When working neighbour farms, you can now have access to their belts, like it was before
- Bugfix: After requesting a belt bonus, if you reopened the Your Belts screen again, you were able to request the same bonus again

Post-Release Info - August 14th, 10:30PM

- Released the Haberdashery Supplies Factory and Haberdashery Store facilities
- Updated report of batch bonuses in facility screens so that there are not multiple lines in the screen at the same time
- Other minor improvements to the new Belt System

Post-Release Info - August 15th, 7:00PM

- Bugfix: About 30 facility products were triggering a specific bug in the system that belt bonuses could not be collected from them

Post-Release Info - August 23th, 9:00PM

- Released the Bulldozer Ex 8 x 8, see main post at the top for details.

Post-Release Info - August 28th, 5:45PM

- Bulldozer Ex Bugfixes and Improvements:

a) Select the desired tool size from 1x1 to 8x8 using the new dropdown box
b) There is a new option to delete fields only, this option will delete all fields including plowed fields, harvested fields and all growing and ready crops
c) When using the tool from the farm, selecting the 'Delete Items' menu option will show the screen to select target items and size, same as when using the tool from the Toolbox

- Bugfix: Bulldozer 2x2 not selecting fields correctly

Post-Release Info - August 28th, 11:40PM

- The Camera icon in the Toolbox to take pictures of your farm and posting them to your Facebook timeline is now working again.

Notice that now the pictures do not go to your Facebook photo album but to your Timeline.

Post-Release Info - August 29th, 5:00PM

- Bugfix: Players having issues when working Super Neighbours farms where they also had design permissions.

Post-Release Info - August 29th, 6:30PM

- Bugfix: Players having issues when working Super Neighbours farms where they also had design permissions (version 2).

Known Issues:

- None

Last edited by Raul; Aug 29 2018 at 05:36 PM.
Old Aug 09 2018, 09:54 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to beverduster

thanks raul for the new stuff & 1ST ies

Last edited by beverduster; Aug 09 2018 at 10:37 PM.
Old Aug 09 2018, 09:56 PM

Thanks for another great release! Adding the new stuff!!
Old Aug 09 2018, 09:57 PM

Fabulous about the missing bonus belts Raul, well done.

However, at the moment I'm getting a constant popup box telling me I've earned a black belt in whatever harvest I'm doing at the time when I'm harvesting on a neighbour's farm, that shouldn't be happening should it?
Old Aug 09 2018, 09:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Thanks Raul!

Please note members that Brussel Sprouts now have a use in the Belgian restaurant. The dish Stoemp with Sausage uses them.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 09 2018, 10:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyacinth Bucket View Post
Fabulous about the missing bonus belts Raul, well done.

However, at the moment I'm getting a constant popup box telling me I've earned a black belt in whatever harvest I'm doing at the time when I'm harvesting on a neighbour's farm, that shouldn't be happening should it?
Hi Hyacinth,
Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

Reopen and see if it is still happening.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 09 2018, 10:01 PM

thanks so much for the update!!! also, devs, the new Taste of's will not rotate, they are facing only one direction, and no option was given in the store to choose. and they are facing the wrong way for my town. lol just FYI.. seriously. thanks for all you do!!

Last edited by jeannine_p; Aug 09 2018 at 10:06 PM.
Old Aug 09 2018, 10:06 PM

Thanks Taz, have cleared my memcache and yes it is still happening. I'll just turn the message off but wanted you to know there was a glitch.

PS then I get another popup titled Your Belts and a message that flashes across the screen saying 'there are no new belts available to you at present', which is correct because I know I'm just about maxed out on my belt bonuses!

For one wonderful moment I thought they had all been reset, wishful thinking I guess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Hyacinth,
Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

Reopen and see if it is still happening.
Old Aug 09 2018, 10:09 PM
Account Not Linked

Thanks for the update. Small problem, I bought one of each of Taste of Orleans and Taste of Vietnam and was not given a choice of direction that they faced. I tried to rotate them after I bought them and was not able to do so. Thanks again for the update and the Farm Cash.
Old Aug 09 2018, 10:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.Bob View Post
Thanks for the update. Small problem, I bought one of each of Taste of Orleans and Taste of Vietnam and was not given a choice of direction that they faced. I tried to rotate them after I bought them and was not able to do so. Thanks again for the update and the Farm Cash.
Hi L.A. Bob,
The developers have been notified about this.
Closed Thread