Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old May 02 2011, 08:09 AM

Default New harvester and plower

I totally agree...it's a GREAT game .. don't get me wrong...but it is getting a little pricey. If you have one or two, i think it's unfair to have to but the next two to get the combine. Come on guys...great work but I can't afford it. I just bought another 250 for the new facilities..can't afford everything. But thanks alot for all the new stuff we can pay coins for.
Old May 02 2011, 08:37 AM
Account Not Linked

If it wasn't a requirement to have to buy the 5 x 5 harvester and 5 x 5 plower before buying the combo one, it wouldn't be fair to those people that had already purchased them prior to the combo coming out.
Old May 02 2011, 08:40 AM

They give you unlimited gas which is awesome
Old May 02 2011, 10:52 AM

As the game develops, it is not un-expected that some upgrades will cost the price of the upgrade. It is not the same as buying that upgrade as if it were a stand-alone purchase.

Kinda like buying MSOffice 2010. You can buy it alone and pay big bucks, or buy the upgrade for less .... IF.... IF... you have the previous model. Either way, a new "player" could buy the older model and NOT have to buy the new one at a high price.

Old May 02 2011, 11:18 AM

Question I agree!!

I have posted along this line also.. those of us who have played and enjoyed the game and DONT have a ton of real cash to spend should still be able to get something out of the game.. Isnt there some way to make paying COINS an option for some of this stuff.. maybe dependent on your level or something? I want to continue to pay,, I love it when things are working right,, but dont forget about us poor folks..!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynthiaSue View Post
How much exactly would the combine cost if one had to buy the 4 by 4 and 5 by 5 plow and the 4 by 4 and 5 by 5 harvester and then buy the combine. Must be quite a bit of farmcash. I know most of us who came to love playing this game, didn't want to have to post thousands of posts on the wall in order to get cool items like the combine. However, in this game it appears that it is going to cost quite a bit of cash to be able to farm 9 or more farms and not spend the whole day doing it. I can imagine that another combine will be hitting the market in the future that adds seeding. It is great that some people can pay lots of real money to advance in games and that some people love getting tons of facilities without ever getting anything to make the game easier. But, the game has lost me. I still do not see any point in working hard at farming without any hope of getting any cool items such as the combine, just more farms and more facilities which take more farming in order to load. I don't want anymore facilities personally as it already has gotten boring loading them. I am top level, but don't suppose I will be after teh next levels come out and I don't see any reason to even work for more levels as all I will get for it is a bigger 9th farm and more facilities. I haven't seen any facility for quite some time that excites me enough to buy, even the farmcash ones. I still have some farmcash, but personally, there is nothing I want, except the combine, and don't have enough for that. Besides, from what I have seen the past year, this game is really only for those who spend real money on the game. The loyalty I showed this game for ever so long, has not earned me anything really. I started when it took forever to go up levels and even got people playing who can pay real money on the game, and I don't mind not being able to keep up with the Joneses, but there is nothing to work for anymore. I can farm to make more coins to expand my 9th farm. It is never ending. the 10th farm will come out and I can work to expanding it as well. If someone knows a point for a non cash playing, top level player, let me know. If I was creative, I could decorate, but alas, that has never been something I was good at. Never thought I would lose interest in this game as it was always my favorite. Oh well.
Old May 02 2011, 11:31 AM

The improvements made to Farm Town and the ‘new’ tools have reduced the amount of time it takes me to do things. And ‘time’ and time alone is/are still the most important features that are in Farm Town. The reduced amount of time that it takes me to do things and the amount increased quantity from some facilities, like the cheese and the flour, and the fishing with bait makes this an enjoyable game and I still have time to work my neighbors farms, which I like to also do. Several of those farms are quite nice too look at, however, mine with the vanilla roads isn’t really one of them. Just to let you know I have started layering my farms 8 and 9 which is a new experience for me, at a small scale just to see how that all works out now that I have the necessary time to do that. I am still at level 210 and almost 9 million xp points. However if you all give me a truck that can move stuff from other farms say every 8 hours twice as much as the current method, I won’t need to continue to do that I feel. Then there is the question of farm 10 – 12 or making all the farms a bit larger.

My thanks to the programmers and the development team in making Farm Town such an enjoyable game.
Old May 02 2011, 11:59 AM

Just got on from wedenesday...?(tornados)Where is this friends helping thingy....Ive searched everywhere......Sorry mind still scrambled a bit.....
Old May 02 2011, 12:21 PM

This is what I would like to see and if I have to buy no problem.

1. 25x seeder, 25x bulldozer

2. All button added to every facility

3. Store all button added to the gift box

4. Sell all button added to the gift tab when you are selling gifts

I think these additions would speed up the game.
Old May 02 2011, 01:41 PM

Talking Thank you again and again, Devs!!!

I swore up and down that I would NOT upgrade to the 5x5 tools! I was perfectly happy with my complete set of 4x4s -- until I saw someone operate the 5x5 combine!!! So I decided the new FT$ facilities could take a pass! I up-graded to all the 5x5's and even though it cost me a major fortune, I'm thrilled. The ability to harvest AND plow with a single click is just amazing.

May I make one suggestion -- at the risk of angering those of us who shelled out to get the 5x5 combine: Would it be possible to make a 4x4 combine available? That way this terrific option would be available to more people, although it would only do 16 fields at a time instead of 25.

And just one small whimper: When, exactly, is "tomorrow" coming? I'm not buying the FT$ facilities, but I'm very curious about the Glass Plant. Now that the bugs have been worked out of the release can we perhaps move on to "tomorrow"? Please?

Farm? Not Here!!
~ Gateway to My Agricultural Empire ~

Farming Since 26 September 2009
Level 1175 & Rising

Am I addicted to Farm Town?
Old May 02 2011, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanna J. Lloyd View Post
I swore up and down that I would NOT upgrade to the 5x5 tools! I was perfectly happy with my complete set of 4x4s -- until I saw someone operate the 5x5 combine!!! So I decided the new FT$ facilities could take a pass! I up-graded to all the 5x5's and even though it cost me a major fortune, I'm thrilled. The ability to harvest AND plow with a single click is just amazing.

May I make one suggestion -- at the risk of angering those of us who shelled out to get the 5x5 combine: Would it be possible to make a 4x4 combine available? That way this terrific option would be available to more people, although it would only do 16 fields at a time instead of 25.

I bite that same bullet.... no regrets..... I like it and enjoy it, and intend on hitting the market with it too...lol I have not plowed anything in days !!!! woo hoo.

Not sure about the 4x4 Combine. That is almost equal to the 5x5 when you consider how many fields are not wide open, and require working in various size locations.

But perhaps the simple 2x2 Combine which can be used at the farms of those who are a bit unwilling to "do the work" or "pay the price" of advancement which older players have dealt with. If you have a 3x3 or 4x4, you can get the 2x2 Combine "cheaper" than what a 2x2 would pay. IHMO there needs to be a definitive difference between high levels and low, $FC and coin etc.

I have a cousin who plays.... I am even considering the combine as a gift... because it would be fun to give it.

Closed Thread