Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 16 2011, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Michelle View Post
I am here killing time while some items on my farm mature ... I can't believe what I am seeing in the posts ...

You all have to understand that Devs DON'T and Shouldn't communicate directly with users ... I am a designer and developer myself and in my position I always have a go between (an Administrator or a Liason) who speaks to the users. This is because the users WANT, WANT, WANT and are not particularly tolerant of a developer telling them that either it can't be done or it is going to take more time. ... Direct communication has been tried and DOES NOT WORK.

The Devs were very nice in telling us that Farm 8 and more levels would be coming in the next release, but even that doesn't work as shown by the constant badgering and whining on this board. If you have been around for more than a year you can probably remember when we plowed, planted, harvested and sold our crops ... then we had only ONE farm ... when there were NO facilities ...

Get off the backs of the Devs and let them work at their own pace ... you CAN'T RUSH the upgrades ... if they start rushing to bow to your incessant pressure and impatience the quality of this game will be affected ... and then they will have people whining about the problems ... the Devs are doing their job and have given us the best free game I have played on the internet ... If you are "bored" with the game perhaps you need to take a break and go play something else or go DO something else ... try playing the zynga games ... you will come back here grateful for the job the devs do ...

Now relax, have a cup of java and leave the Devs alone ... the upgrade will arrive when it is ready and will not cause the game to fall apart ...

My thanks to the Devs for a great job and for their attention to detail ... My thanks to the Moderators for trying to keep this a civilized thread ...
And this is exactly what I'm doing too - taking a break from playing the game. Oh, I check in every now and again to harvest fertilized trees, or do some fishing, but mainly am using my break to do some much needed house cleaning LOL! I still send my gifts and accept the ones sent to me but other than that. . . well, sometimes a break makes the game all that more fun when you start back. . .

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1840914976
Old Jan 16 2011, 04:07 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdukes58 View Post
I really hate to be a pest about this but with so many new releases that I cannot resist and with the trees, new plantings, etc. you have to add I'm completely out of room. Can't even buy anything else yet for lack of space. Is it possible you could give us a little hint as to when we may expect it to come out. I have coins and cash burning a whole in my pocket, it really needs to get spent, lol. Thank you guys!!!
Sometime between now and Dec 31, 2011....maybe...
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 16 2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garden ho View Post
And this is exactly what I'm doing too - taking a break from playing the game. Oh, I check in every now and again to harvest fertilized trees, or do some fishing, but mainly am using my break to do some much needed house cleaning LOL! I still send my gifts and accept the ones sent to me but other than that. . . well, sometimes a break makes the game all that more fun when you start back. . .

Yeah, I am doing "housecleaning" too. Actually, farm cleaning. I intend to re-design the majority of my numerous farms. Two are about done at one of the accounts I work at. And there will be a few name changes coming too. (as the devs would say, they are "coming"...... "coming')

Old Jan 16 2011, 06:46 PM

Quote:
I am here killing time while some items on my farm mature ... I can't believe what I am seeing in the posts ...

You all have to understand that Devs DON'T and Shouldn't communicate directly with users ... I am a designer and developer myself and in my position I always have a go between (an Administrator or a Liason) who speaks to the users. This is because the users WANT, WANT, WANT and are not particularly tolerant of a developer telling them that either it can't be done or it is going to take more time. ... Direct communication has been tried and DOES NOT WORK.

The Devs were very nice in telling us that Farm 8 and more levels would be coming in the next release, but even that doesn't work as shown by the constant badgering and whining on this board. If you have been around for more than a year you can probably remember when we plowed, planted, harvested and sold our crops ... then we had only ONE farm ... when there were NO facilities ...

Get off the backs of the Devs and let them work at their own pace ... you CAN'T RUSH the upgrades ... if they start rushing to bow to your incessant pressure and impatience the quality of this game will be affected ... and then they will have people whining about the problems ... the Devs are doing their job and have given us the best free game I have played on the internet ... If you are "bored" with the game perhaps you need to take a break and go play something else or go DO something else ... try playing the zynga games ... you will come back here grateful for the job the devs do ...

Now relax, have a cup of java and leave the Devs alone ... the upgrade will arrive when it is ready and will not cause the game to fall apart ...

My thanks to the Devs for a great job and for their attention to detail ... My thanks to the Moderators for trying to keep this a civilized thread ...
You couldn't have said this better. Thank you.

(Now be ready for the folks who tell you not to whine about the whiners. I get that a lot. )

And look how well it worked -- it took FOUR whole posts before someone picked up teh "Tell us when...." mantra again! LOL!

Farming away since June 14, 2009
Old Jan 16 2011, 07:09 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Michelle

Holier than though much?
Old Jan 16 2011, 07:25 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanR View Post
Holier than though much?
Ditto........
Old Jan 16 2011, 07:33 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanR View Post
Holier than though much?
I think you mean "thou." Holier than thou.

Before you ask -- yeah, I probably am, too.

And I don't know why you should accuse someone of being sanctimonious just because they see things differently than you do. That's just nasty and unneccessary.Why attack this person for her opinion, which is grounded in her experience????

Of course, the last time I said everyone was entitled to express their opinions (about matters related to Farm Town, not in denigrating other posters) I got hammered.

Farming away since June 14, 2009
Old Jan 16 2011, 08:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toranut97 View Post
I got hammered.
Consider yourself hammered....lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mario-hammer.jpg (75.7 KB, 7 views)
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 16 2011, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toranut97 View Post
I think you mean "thou." Holier than thou.

Before you ask -- yeah, I probably am, too.

And I don't know why you should accuse someone of being sanctimonious just because they see things differently than you do. That's just nasty and unneccessary.Why attack this person for her opinion, which is grounded in her experience????

Of course, the last time I said everyone was entitled to express their opinions (about matters related to Farm Town, not in denigrating other posters) I got hammered.
I agree. Actually that is what the forums are for, everyone expressing their opinions. And there are many experiences because of all the variations possible in a game such as this, i.e. neighbors, gifts, browser, whether they are with FB or MySpace, etc.....
Old Jan 16 2011, 11:57 PM

Talking

Quote:

You couldn't have said it better Jennifer. While I do check the forums a few times a day to see if the new release is out I am not obsessed about it or whining like an infant about when it will be out like some are. To me it will be here when it is here like all the others. Just a thought...maybe it is taking extra time because it is going to be THAT good?. I remember when we had ONE farm and had to do all our plowing,seeding,harvesting one square at a time. There was no hiring others,facilities,fish etc. This game has come so far and the devs are AMAZING for giving us such a great game to play and I thank them. I also thank the mods who try their best to keep their cool and succeed when they deal with these people who just will not quit complaining and whining.

While I still go to my farm occasionally to plant,have it harvested or maybe fill facilities etc I am taking a break right now. I will NOT sit here ALL day long because the update MIGHT come out. I love the game too but that is way overboard. I return gifts my friends send,collect my eggs,milk etc and am content to wait for the update because one thing is for sure it WILL be worth every day we waited for it when it is here. This game is soooo much better than Z games. Those games are updated all the time but they have the glitches and bugs to go with it too that they take DAYS on end to fix if they get fixed at all. I want the new update too but I am patiently waiting for it...it is ALWAYS worth the wait when it comes to Farmtown!
Closed Thread