Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Jan 26 2020, 03:04 PM

Default Unstable game

For the last several days, many players including myself have been having problems with the game. You work a SN farm, and some of the h/p/s work you've done doesn't save. You try the 100 FC Mobile Lookout Tower to check available work at SN farms, 9 times out of 10 it doesn't work.
The game freezes, you go back to farcebook and try to reload the game, and it won't load.
You go to Facility Manager to harvest sheds, the game freezes.

Why is nobody talking about this?

And if they are, why can't I find any relevant posts in the forum about it?
This is super frustrating. At the moment, the game is not fun. It is only annoying.

I've cleared memcache. I've rebooted my computer and my router. I've checked my browser and operating system for updates. Nothing helps.

What is going on?
Old Jan 26 2020, 03:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichmondGuy View Post
For the last several days, many players including myself have been having problems with the game. You work a SN farm, and some of the h/p/s work you've done doesn't save. You try the 100 FC Mobile Lookout Tower to check available work at SN farms, 9 times out of 10 it doesn't work.
The game freezes, you go back to farcebook and try to reload the game, and it won't load.
You go to Facility Manager to harvest sheds, the game freezes.

Why is nobody talking about this?

And if they are, why can't I find any relevant posts in the forum about it?
This is super frustrating. At the moment, the game is not fun. It is only annoying.

I've cleared memcache. I've rebooted my computer and my router. I've checked my browser and operating system for updates. Nothing helps.

What is going on?
Hi RichmondGuy,
I moved your post to the Help & Support subject thread about Loading problems.

There are more suggestions in the first post of this thread including some in links in that post that you need to try in addition to the things you have done already. Please be sure to let us know exactly what you try from those including what you get when you do the server tests.

For the Mobile Lookout Tower, please note that it does not cut the time between updates to immediate. Instead it lowers the time from 10 minutes between updates to 5 minutes.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Jan 26 2020 at 03:26 PM.
Old Jan 26 2020, 03:59 PM

Taz,
Thanks for your reply. I have checked the loading problems first post and checked all settings, including the server test. I found nothing in the results to cause any concern.

The problem with the lookout tower is not because I run it within 5 minutes of having run it before. It's just trying to run it. Most times, it doesn't do anything, and the quickest way for me to get back into the game is to log out of facebook, close my browser (Chrome), wait a few seconds, start Chrome again, then log back into facebook and onto farm town.

Even if I don't use the lookout tower, and I work a row at a SN farm that I know needs working, I often reach a point (within a row or two of farms) where the Save Changes number (top right) is red and might show 4 or 7 changes that have yet to be saved, and my only recovery option is to do as above... log out of facebook, close Chrome, and start all over again. Or if I wait long enough, I get a pop-up saying
Connection to Server timed out:
- Click the Green circle to Retry
- Click the Red circle to Reload

And regardless which circle I click, I still end up having to log out of fb, close browser, etc.
Old Jan 26 2020, 04:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Taz,
Thanks for your reply. I have checked the loading problems first post and checked all settings, including the server test. I found nothing in the results to cause any concern.

The problem with the lookout tower is not because I run it within 5 minutes of having run it before. It's just trying to run it. Most times, it doesn't do anything, and the quickest way for me to get back into the game is to log out of facebook, close my browser (Chrome), wait a few seconds, start Chrome again, then log back into facebook and onto farm town.

Even if I don't use the lookout tower, and I work a row at a SN farm that I know needs working, I often reach a point (within a row or two of farms) where the Save Changes number (top right) is red and might show 4 or 7 changes that have yet to be saved, and my only recovery option is to do as above... log out of facebook, close Chrome, and start all over again. Or if I wait long enough, I get a pop-up saying
Connection to Server timed out:
- Click the Green circle to Retry
- Click the Red circle to Reload

And regardless which circle I click, I still end up having to log out of fb, close browser, etc.
Hi RichmondGuy,
As you say the server tests are ok and you have checked all the settings, then it is probably an internet problem. The server testing does not travcel the same path you do to play the game, but does tell you the servers are up and working.

Between you and the servers are first your internet service provider, then several links/jumps from there to get to the Facebook App server, then more links/jumps on to get to the Farm Town servers. Any one of those links can be causing a slowdown in data transfer (which would cause the red numbers for saves) or a link could be dropping in and out which can cause the server connection to drop. Unfortunately we have no control or way to monitor or way to get those links fixed if there is a problem. There is nothing we can do for those or Facebook's App server if there is a problem with it.

I don't know how you are working those farms, but as I usually work farms in full screen and occasionally get the red numbers then after finishing the work on the farm I drop back down to normal screen size. That seems to allow the saves to catch up much faster than in full screen.
When you are using the Mobile Lookout Tower it is better to just click on Show Names, then show work and then close it. That will set any farms needing work to blue so you know what farms need work. Unleass you are looking for specific work then you really don't need to see what work is on each farm. You say that it doesn't work 9 out of 10 times. What do you see when it doesn't work?
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 26 2020, 04:40 PM

When I say the lookout tower doesn't work, I mean it never returns any results. It's just like it's gone out to lunch and has no intention of coming back. I can close it, but there's still a small black box in the middle of the farm saying Updating Work Info... and it will sit there all day until I leave facebook, close browser, try to reload all and keep fingers crossed.

As far as I'm aware, this wasn't happening until the server farm lost connectivity a few days ago. Coincidence?
Old Jan 26 2020, 04:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
When I say the lookout tower doesn't work, I mean it never returns any results. It's just like it's gone out to lunch and has no intention of coming back. I can close it, but there's still a small black box in the middle of the farm saying Updating Work Info... and it will sit there all day until I leave facebook, close browser, try to reload all and keep fingers crossed.

As far as I'm aware, this wasn't happening until the server farm lost connectivity a few days ago. Coincidence?
Hi RichmondGuy,
That again goes back to the other problems you are having with the internet getting the data through as quick as it should. You are requesting the show work info and the data is not getting back quick enough to keep that black box from showing.

When the server farm was out do to there link to the rest of the internet going down, no one could get in to Farm Town. Our servers are not the only ones in that data center, so I am sure many other servers were effected at that time. It was restored within an hour. I doubt that would be the cause of your current problems as we would have many more complaints through the forums and Support in addition to having problems with connections for the moderators which are scattered all over the world.
Old Today, 04:27 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
...I usually work farms in full screen and occasionally get the red numbers then after finishing the work on the farm I drop back down to normal screen size. That seems to allow the saves to catch up much faster than in full screen.
i have also noticed that saves get a bump when you drop out of fullscreen. next time you're chatting with the devs, if you remember, could you ask them why this is and if they have any other solutions. when working the market on big farms it sometimes takes a long time to get out of fullscreen and then back in it again

thx

Tags
boost train, cannot load game, connecting to mainframe, error saving data x025, farm not loading, farm town not loading, flash player, flash player issues, green screen, loading error, loading issues, saving data, shockwave, shockwave flash, white screen, x025 error