Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Oct 25 2009, 12:30 PM
Tycoon ( Level 33 )

Farmer Since: May 28 2009
Level:
Trophies: 14
XP:

I cannot seem to select my seeder or plower for use, or even to move it, for that matter.

Thanks

Visit The Bee Hive

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Oct 25 2009, 01:02 PM
Account Not Linked

Big & little seeder problems solved, Look at answer below.

Once you purchase the Tractor, your plowing tool gains the X4 option, without the need for neighbors.
Once you purchase the Harvesters, your harvesting tool gains the X2 and/or X4 options (depending which one you bought). If you have only the Big Harvester, you cannot use the X2 harvest option.
Once you purchase the Seeders, you need to click on them to open a special store to select the seeds. Using the regular store will trigger the X1 regular seeding tool.
All tools rotate.
Charges for plowing using the equipment are the same as if you were plowing yourself without the equipment. You do not save the money per plot that you save when you hire someone else.
The amount you get for each crop when using the equipment is the same as if you harvested it yourself without the equipment. You do not get the extra money per crop that you get when you hire someone to harvest for you.
If you have your fields plowed up against each other with no space between them, you must have your preferences set so that there is a check mark next to "Remove Spaces Between Fields" before selecting the seeder or harvester.
If you have your fields plowed with space between them, you must have your preferences set so that there is NO check mark next to "Remove Spaces Between Fields" before selecting the seeder or harvester.
Old Oct 25 2009, 01:26 PM

My two cents here - will probably buy a seeder, once I have more land to put it on!. Won't buy the others because I love having my friends come and H&P and I go to their farms to do the same for them. We can chat a little while we work, and we all like that social interatction. It is what is missing at FV. I have made some wonderful friends just by working on each other's farms, so I don't want a machine to replace that aspect.

Seeding, yes, that is boring and isn't an interactive thing. If the other tools are fixed so we can us others or use ours on other farms, and still have the chat ability, then I will consider buying them, again, if I have a larger farm and room for them. But, at this point, I can't really add anything else, my farm is overpacked now.

I agree with those who saw that, while the new tools look cool, and some will like them immensely, what the majority has been begging for is more land. So, FT, please don't be like other games and ignore your players. Please give us the one thing we seem to want most, larger farms, and then come up with all this fun creative stuff, ok?
Old Oct 25 2009, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenfarmin' View Post
I don't know if like this new version. It makes it so people are now required to buy something really
expensive to use the 4x plow when all it took before was getting to another level. It was (it seemed)
the game developers response to a wish that farmers had for plowing faster when doing their own
farms. And that was really nice of them. Now we don't get to. That doesn't seem very nice at all.
we have no options though. Also now there is no motivation to use workers because you get no extra
money for hiring them. I think this is counter intuitive to the aspect of a social aspect to playing FarmTown. In effect it causes isolation of farmers from being social because they have no benefit for
doing so. It is complicated now and cold in that using neighbors or buddies has no value except to
give you more fuel for your big expensive toys. Thus reducing hiring friends and neighbors to no social value as an intrinsic part of playing Farm Town. This is a huge part of why I play. This is now
an entirely new game and I am sad and don't like it. Anybody listening out there?
I don't think it was a deliberate anti-social act on the part of the developers. My farm caused total lag of everyone visiting it after I bought nearly all the flags available for the countries. It seems the animation of the avatar, flags, animals and other folks on the farms cause everyone to come to a screaming halt. That is especially true if one of the parties is running some other big memory hog app like Cafe World, Wars, etc. at the same time. Even the latest and greatest processors on the PCs are having trouble handling it! So this is Farm Town's solution I assume so that I can still go to my farm and don't have to give it up and for that I am thankful.
Old Oct 25 2009, 04:44 PM
Green Wizard ( Level 34 )

Farmer Since: Apr 04 2009
Level:
Trophies: 14
XP:
Unhappy new Farm Equipment

What is the purpose of having the new equipment if when you use it your harvest is small not the large (when hiring people to harvest for you). I bought all the equipment and now the only thing i Use is the seeder the rest are lawn ornaments.

Visit PANCAKE LAKE FARM

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Oct 25 2009, 04:49 PM

I'd like to know why every time I refuel, it takes 2 of my fuel tanks. I have plenty of neighbors and an approaching level 33.
Old Oct 25 2009, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbieturner View Post
So excited BUT.. bought the big seeder..went to the fuel station and it says I have 750 g. but it dont transfer it to the little icon on my screen..it still shows 0 so it will not let me use the seeder...says i am out of fuel....
Did you click refuel?
Old Oct 25 2009, 04:54 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dede1957 View Post
Since you added the new tools I can not hire to plow on my farm on FB. I have 12 nieghbors and was hiring before the upgrades. I can hire harvesters but not to plow. It tells me I can only hire on harvest or withered fields.
If someone hasn't already answered this: you might have to go elsewhere for a while. I have had to go to another farm or the market place or wherever to be able to hire my harvester to plow. I have had to do this for a while now. If I pop over to another farm, the hire-to-plow option works.
Old Oct 25 2009, 05:11 PM

Send a message via ICQ to darsys Send a message via AIM to darsys Send a message via MSN to darsys Send a message via Yahoo to darsys Send a message via Skype™ to darsys

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♪Jeanne♪ View Post
If someone hasn't already answered this: you might have to go elsewhere for a while. I have had to go to another farm or the market place or wherever to be able to hire my harvester to plow. I have had to do this for a while now. If I pop over to another farm, the hire-to-plow option works.
Same problem with me and I use the same fix.

I do wish there was a storage option as someone else mentioned. I mean, I'd love to take all the Halloween stuff off my farm and save it for next year. Otherwise I have to sell it.

I like the seeder machine. I won't use the harvester or plower because (unless I've got one or two squares to clean) I'd rather let my friends do the work to give them the coins and or XP.
Old Oct 25 2009, 05:27 PM

Default Another way to "reset" so you can hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dish View Post
Re: not being able to hire to plow after harvest: I've had this issue for a long time, as have others. You just need to click play, come back to your farm, and you'll be able to hire to plow.

I have a neighbour that is level 18 without building etc. He is not currently playing. I find that going this his farm and returning is much faster than Play or Refresh (F5) in Internet Explorer
Closed Thread