Go Back   Farm Town > Social Forums > Best Farm Contests

Old Jan 07 2016, 01:07 PM

Thank you, I realized about freezing animals later. A few questions if I may, what criteria do the judges use, what made those winning farms "Christmas" and not winter farms in the advanced section and are any of the judges designers? I ask so I can maybe better understand how the judges do things or what they look for. I'm not in any way criticizing the judges or winning farms. Thanks.
Old Jan 07 2016, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischief1 View Post
Thank you, I realized about freezing animals later. A few questions if I may, what criteria do the judges use, what made those winning farms "Christmas" and not winter farms in the advanced section and are any of the judges designers? I ask so I can maybe better understand how the judges do things or what they look for. I'm not in any way criticizing the judges or winning farms. Thanks.
Hi Mischief1

Every judge use their own criteria when checking and voting farms. All judges visit the farms and get a decission and then post their votes, the 3 farms with more votes for every category are the winners.

I dont consider myself a designer and dont think we have to be designers to judge a farm, but I can tell all of us have enough experience in contests and recognizing the "tricks" used for designing.
Old Jan 08 2016, 04:06 AM

Hi Marymarcel, when I asked if the judges were designers I was hoping there was somewhere I could see their work. Maybe when a judge has some free time they might be able to explain what elements on those farm made them winners, I feel understanding what the judges look for might help me become a better designer. The new comp mazes, says that the flowers have to be in full growth, the design I'm doing needs the flowers to be frozen before they flower, is this going to be a problem if they aren't flowering? Thanks
Old Jan 08 2016, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischief1 View Post
Hi Marymarcel, when I asked if the judges were designers I was hoping there was somewhere I could see their work. Maybe when a judge has some free time they might be able to explain what elements on those farm made them winners, I feel understanding what the judges look for might help me become a better designer. The new comp mazes, says that the flowers have to be in full growth, the design I'm doing needs the flowers to be frozen before they flower, is this going to be a problem if they aren't flowering? Thanks
Hi Mischief

About your flowers, take in mind that your photo must be an exact replica of your farm. So if you are using frozen flowers to design your maze, they need to be frozen at the same state when we visit your farm. But if you place other flowers to decorate other part of your farm,and they are not frozen, then they will have to be full grown when the competition is closed.

As I told you in a previous post, each judge uses their own criteria to judge the farms, and I'm sorry but we cant post here which elements they took in consideration to choose the winners. Hope you could understand.
Old Jan 08 2016, 03:57 PM

Hi Marymarcel, yes, I believe I understand now. Thank you.
Old Jan 22 2016, 05:55 AM

Default Ouchhh...Awwww..

I wasn't able to win the forum contest and even disqualified me. There' must be some mistake. Anyway next time try to check everything before making decisions...GODBLESS po xoxo <3
Old Jan 22 2016, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleotanglao View Post
I wasn't able to win the forum contest and even disqualified me. There' must be some mistake. Anyway next time try to check everything before making decisions...GODBLESS po xoxo <3
Hi cleotanglao

I moved your post to Feedback on contests thread.

We have explained you by private our decision. And when something like this happens 3 administrators check the farms for everthing before taking a decision.
Old Nov 06 2016, 07:34 AM

I entered the Halloween contest but did not win. The winning farms were all great and took a lot of work. But I have a suggestion. How about a third category of winners and it would be pictures. Those people who create pictures or scenes using different items, i.e., crates. It seems to me those are a lot different than farms using all kinds of buildings, decorations, etc.
Old Nov 06 2016, 11:00 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by p618cg View Post
I entered the Halloween contest but did not win. The winning farms were all great and took a lot of work. But I have a suggestion. How about a third category of winners and it would be pictures. Those people who create pictures or scenes using different items, i.e., crates. It seems to me those are a lot different than farms using all kinds of buildings, decorations, etc.
Hi p618cg,
I am sorry, but we can not split the categories any further. To do so would split the prizes into smaller amounts as the developers have allowed us a certain amount to use for prizes. To do as you ask would mean we would have 4 categories instead of 2, because you would also need to have Novice and Advanced for pictures and farms. This would make the prizes very small as well as double the amount of deliberation we moderators would have to do to determine the winners.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 07 2017, 12:36 AM

Question Novice vs Advanced

What constitutes what is novice and what is advanced.

Thank you.