Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Dec 31 2013, 10:06 AM

Exclamation

I have been having the same issue for weeks. Now its progressed to not being able to boost my train, post facilities, post Dans and, I cannot access the bank. The interface with Facebook appears to be the issue, but not everyone is having the problem since I saw someone post for facility help this am. The day I noticed my neighbor's photos refused to load above their avatars in the game neighbor's bar was when the problems all started. I tried playing on IE (which I don't like) and the gifting page and My requests pages loaded but the Game itself did not so it helped not at all. I really hope they can fix this. Maybe if more of us complained to Support we'd get something done? I've done so twice already. . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon McAndrew View Post
I have been having problems sending gifts. When I go to the tab to send gifts it appears to not be loading. This has been going on for 2 months now. I have asked others if they were having problems sending gifts and there are a few having the same problem I am. Is there any way you can re-set my farm ? I am only having problems with sending gifts. I have asked several times on this same issue and so far nothing still hasn't been done. What or who do I need to talk to ? This is the only problem I'm having and no body seems to have the answer. PLEASE HELP
Old Dec 31 2013, 10:13 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIAP27 View Post
I have been having the same issue for weeks. Now its progressed to not being able to boost my train, post facilities, post Dans and, I cannot access the bank. The interface with Facebook appears to be the issue, but not everyone is having the problem since I saw someone post for facility help this am. The day I noticed my neighbor's photos refused to load above their avatars in the game neighbor's bar was when the problems all started. I tried playing on IE (which I don't like) and the gifting page and My requests pages loaded but the Game itself did not so it helped not at all. I really hope they can fix this. Maybe if more of us complained to Support we'd get something done? I've done so twice already. . .
It is not necessary for you to post your problem in every thread. If the gifting page and the My Requests load in IE then you do have a problem in Firefox. That is not an issue that Slashkey can fix as it is on your computer.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 31 2013, 10:29 AM

Question

Sorry for the multiple posts but I am getting frustrated with the continuing issues. It is not just Gifting! Gifting pages may load in IE, BUT the game itself will NOT. Which means I still cannot access the bank and post my dans etc. At least in Firefox I can still play the actual game. None of the things that rely on the facebook posts were giving me trouble until a few weeks ago and why all of a sudden are they when I did not change or reset anything in my browser? Did not have an update to the browser either. You said elsewhere its a facebook issue. Is it or is it not??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
It is not necessary for you to post your problem in every thread. If the gifting page and the My Requests load in IE then you do have a problem in Firefox. That is not an issue that Slashkey can fix as it is on your computer.
Old Dec 31 2013, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon McAndrew View Post
I have been having problems sending gifts. When I go to the tab to send gifts it appears to not be loading. This has been going on for 2 months now. I have asked others if they were having problems sending gifts and there are a few having the same problem I am. Is there any way you can re-set my farm ? I am only having problems with sending gifts. I have asked several times on this same issue and so far nothing still hasn't been done. What or who do I need to talk to ? This is the only problem I'm having and no body seems to have the answer. PLEASE HELP
I have similar issues with my farm town as well.
Tried everything, switching and deleting browsers getting on different computers and nothing worked, until I tried to log in "incognito tab"or "private window" or "private browsing".
When I use the "incognito tab" everything works just the way it should.

Give it a try and see

Internet Explorer; InPrivate Bowsing -ctrl+shift+p
Google Chrome: New Incognito Window: ctrl+shift+n
Comodo Dragon: New Incognito Window: ctrl+shift+n
FireFox: New Private Window: ctrl+shift+p
Safari dos not have short cut keys for private browsing

The only drawback is that in private browsing each time you log in you have to type in user name and password, private browsing does not keep them after you close the window.
Because I've already done this before I posted my Question
Old Dec 31 2013, 10:43 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Sorry for the multiple posts but I am getting frustrated with the continuing issues. It is not just Gifting! Gifting pages may load in IE, BUT the game itself will NOT. Which means I still cannot access the bank and post my dans etc. At least in Firefox I can still play the actual game. None of the things that rely on the facebook posts were giving me trouble until a few weeks ago and why all of a sudden are they when I did not change or reset anything in my browser? Did not have an update to the browser either. You said elsewhere its a facebook issue. Is it or is it not??
If you are getting the names in gifting in IE and not in Firefox how could your problem be Facebook related. Yes Facebook does have a problem but not everyone is effected by that. You had not tried IE earlier when I said that. Just because you have not updated your browser or made any changes does not mean that Firefox didn't suddenly block a site that it determined was not a good site.
You say you can not get to the bank in IE. You do not have to get into the farm to get to that. Have you tried clicking on the Buy Cash tab when in IE?
Try something for me. Go to your options in Firefox, go to the Privacy tab, Make sure Accept cookies is checked. Then click on Exceptions to the right of that. Add the following sites to that:
Slashkey.com
L1.slashkey.com
Facebook.com
Apps.Facebook.com
Trialpay.com

Then go to the Content tab. There isn't any reason why you would want every pop-up so check the box there to Block Pop-ups. Then click on the Exceptions to the right of that and enter the above sites again. That will allow only those pop-ups, but will ensure they don't get block with all the trash pop-ups.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 31 2013, 11:13 AM

The Buy Tab worked in IE. I cannot find the "accept Cookies" Are you sure its under Privacy? In that window Firefox says it will keep cookies and remember websites I visit! I have to go in and set it not to do so if I want to block cookies and pop ups. I will keep looking. I do play other games and do need the pop ups open but I can try and add the slashkey sites anyway. I did notice on the list a few of these sites were not even there. I hope this helps. Nope-gift page not loading. Can't post anything that uses a facebook post yet it works in the other game I play. I don't get it. Maybe on reboot it may help. I just tried something else with the "Do not Track" feature. Maybe allowing these sites in that will help? Will find out soon. Thanks for trying to help.
Quote:
If you are getting the names in gifting in IE and not in Firefox how could your problem be Facebook related. Yes Facebook does have a problem but not everyone is effected by that. You had not tried IE earlier when I said that. Just because you have not updated your browser or made any changes does not mean that Firefox didn't suddenly block a site that it determined was not a good site.
You say you can not get to the bank in IE. You do not have to get into the farm to get to that. Have you tried clicking on the Buy Cash tab when in IE?
Try something for me. Go to your options in Firefox, go to the Privacy tab, Make sure Accept cookies is checked. Then click on Exceptions to the right of that. Add the following sites to that:
Slashkey.com
L1.slashkey.com
Facebook.com
Apps.Facebook.com
Trialpay.com

Then go to the Content tab. There isn't any reason why you would want every pop-up so check the box there to Block Pop-ups. Then click on the Exceptions to the right of that and enter the above sites again. That will allow only those pop-ups, but will ensure they don't get block with all the trash pop-ups.
Old Dec 31 2013, 11:41 AM

Nope that didn't work either. Sigh.
Quote:
The Buy Tab worked in IE. I cannot find the "accept Cookies" Are you sure its under Privacy? In that window Firefox says it will keep cookies and remember websites I visit! I have to go in and set it not to do so if I want to block cookies and pop ups. I will keep looking. I do play other games and do need the pop ups open but I can try and add the slashkey sites anyway. I did notice on the list a few of these sites were not even there. I hope this helps. Nope-gift page not loading. Can't post anything that uses a facebook post yet it works in the other game I play. I don't get it. Maybe on reboot it may help. I just tried something else with the "Do not Track" feature. Maybe allowing these sites in that will help? Will find out soon. Thanks for trying to help.
Old Dec 31 2013, 01:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
It is in the History section. If you have it set to "Never remember history" or to "Remember History" then you may not see the cookies choices. I have mine set to Use custom settings for history". Then you can see the cookies choices.
Did you try the Private Window suggested by Romesz?
Old Dec 31 2013, 02:15 PM

I think its set at "Remember history" I will take a look and see what I can do and pray it helps.
Quote:
It is in the History section. If you have it set to "Never remember history" or to "Remember History" then you may not see the cookies choices. I have mine set to Use custom settings for history". Then you can see the cookies choices.
Did you try the Private Window suggested by Romesz?
Old Jan 04 2014, 07:38 PM

Default Alfalfa harvest is still disappearing

This morning I had alfalfa harvested and in my Store I had 12,791 at 11:30 am, lthen checked at 1:30 pm and it was still there. I left and came back at 6:30 pm and it now has -0-. To me this does not make sense! I have taken all the advice you have given to me but it still is disappearing.

Tags
facilities gone, facility lost, missing, missing buildings, missing facility, missing factories, missing flowers, missing tools, missing trees, vanished