Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 01 2021, 10:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by suefarm View Post
DOn't see the thread I wrote and got reply. In reply to you, I have no layers, don't know what they are so that isn't what is causing the game to be so slow. Is this what I can expect when the flash player is gone, a very slow moving game? I will just stop playing if that is the case. I don't even have many farms (13). I see many players with triple that number. I have a pretty new computer system and flash worked fine until the migration began. Now playing with flash for the past month, the screen freezes a lot and I've been kicked off a few times.
Hi Suefarm,
You posted and I answered you in the following thread link where you can find those on the last page of that thread:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=650134

As you have had the problem of slow farms and freezing for a month, then it is not something to do with the new version as that has no connection with the Flash version except for the storage of the data when you perform an action.

I can only recommend then that you try all the suggestions in the first post of the following thread link including the items in links listed there:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352666

When you have gone through all those please post in that thread for us to continue helping if the problem isn't solved.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 01 2021, 10:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandgar View Post
Hi Taz, thank you for your reply. When I went to clear my browsing, you had to pick a time. The choices were 24 hrs/7days/4 weeks/all time. I wasn't sure what to pick, so I picked the 24 hrs. and that didn't work. Is browsing data the same as browsing cache? Do you know which one of those choices I should pick?
Hi Sandgar,
You should be able to manually clear it, not set up an automatic time for it to happen. Yes the browser cache is the same thing. There are instructions for many browsers in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421890
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 01 2021, 10:53 PM

Well, it's always nice to blame the user not the game. I never had a problem til I started hearing about the flash player going away. Then suddenly flash player wasn't working well. But not a coincidence according to you. Then trying the new version, again, it can't be you, it must be me. The first thing you said was that it was layers, I have no layers. When that didn't work as an excuse, you said it was my computer. No
Old Jan 01 2021, 11:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by suefarm View Post
Well, it's always nice to blame the user not the game. I never had a problem til I started hearing about the flash player going away. Then suddenly flash player wasn't working well. But not a coincidence according to you. Then trying the new version, again, it can't be you, it must be me. The first thing you said was that it was layers, I have no layers. When that didn't work as an excuse, you said it was my computer. No
Hi Sue,
I don't know what you have on your farms. I can only make an educated guess of what the problem may be. No one is blaming you.
The two versions are apples and oranges as they are not connected, so it can't be the html that is causing the problems in the Flash version.
If you will read the suggestions in the that link it is not all about your computer alone. There are other things that are involved besides the computer. If you will please try checking all of those then we will have some idea of what to look for that may be causing your problems.
Old Jan 01 2021, 11:54 PM

I am wondering why this link to here was sent to me, when this area is 20 yrs old on the html5 / flash. The html5 version is horrible....and I am not sure, how or when this new 20 yr old version LOL will be done, but everyone loves and are used to the Flash Version. As we all know adobe for some reason wants to get rid and stop supporting the flash, they have made millions if not billions from companies and others purchasing and using it.

This messes up peoples gaming etc. Please keep the flash version, because the html5 I tried today of the game is horrible, hardly anything showing, and even the nieghbours bar is partly showing, cannot even get to the tool box, etc.
Please don't do away with the main version we the people have been using and used to for years!!!

Last edited by Patricia_B2009; Jan 01 2021 at 11:54 PM. Reason: I forgot the Title of post, but nowhere to add it now?
Old Jan 02 2021, 12:06 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia_B2009 View Post
I am wondering why this link to here was sent to me, when this area is 20 yrs old on the html5 / flash. The html5 version is horrible....and I am not sure, how or when this new 20 yr old version LOL will be done, but everyone loves and are used to the Flash Version. As we all know adobe for some reason wants to get rid and stop supporting the flash, they have made millions if not billions from companies and others purchasing and using it.

This messes up peoples gaming etc. Please keep the flash version, because the html5 I tried today of the game is horrible, hardly anything showing, and even the nieghbours bar is partly showing, cannot even get to the tool box, etc.
Please don't do away with the main version we the people have been using and used to for years!!!
Hi Patricia,
This thread was only started yesterday and the conversion was only released yesterday. HTML5 is not 20 years old either. It is the latest improvement of HTML.

The Flash version can not stay as Adobe and all the browsers will be removing Flash. There is no way around it. In a few days the Flash version will stop working at all, and not by Farm Town removing it.

I am sorry, but there is no way to keep the Flash version working.
The html version is a restricted version at the moment. The developers will be working on adding back in all the same functions that the Flash version has.

If you can not get to the toolbox then you probably have the zoom for the page/tab set too high or low. Try setting it to 100% and see if you can get to the toolbox.
Old Jan 02 2021, 12:09 AM

Thank you, I did all 42 farms today, planted harvested etc no problems at all. Things are a little different but not much. Fishing takes getting used to. You used to be able to glide over the water now at least what I noticed you have to click on each water, but once I figured that out it was fine. As i said I just hope that work is one of the next things done as I have no idea what I planted or when it will be ready unless I hop over to flash while it is still available Thank everyone for the hard word and making the change. It is much appreciated.
Old Jan 02 2021, 12:22 AM

Default Answering Response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Patricia,
This thread was only started yesterday and the conversion was only released yesterday. HTML5 is not 20 years old either. It is the latest improvement of HTML.

The Flash version can not stay as Adobe and all the browsers will be removing Flash. There is no way around it. In a few days the Flash version will stop working at all, and not by Farm Town removing it.

I am sorry, but there is no way to keep the Flash version working.
The html version is a restricted version at the moment. The developers will be working on adding back in all the same functions that the Flash version has.

If you can not get to the toolbox then you probably have the zoom for the page/tab set too high or low. Try setting it to 100% and see if you can get to the toolbox.
Nooooo, the zoom isn't zoomed in, I have a screenshot when I tried today, and my screen is NOT on zoom... also, I was looking at the dates of the posts... 2009, 2010, etc. And, the html5 version the way it is now is going to make people leave FT, because it is nothing like the version that is being used now LOL . The game board is like slowly moving water lol, and the fonts are blurry, and the colors are just off LOL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ashampoo_Snap_2021.01.01_17h18m30s_001_.jpg (18.1 KB, 16 views)
Old Jan 02 2021, 12:32 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia_B2009 View Post
Nooooo, the zoom isn't zoomed in, I have a screenshot when I tried today, and my screen is NOT on zoom... also, I was looking at the dates of the posts... 2009, 2010, etc. And, the html5 version the way it is now is going to make people leave FT, because it is nothing like the version that is being used now LOL . The game board is like slowly moving water lol, and the fonts are blurry, and the colors are just off LOL
Hi Patricia,
I am talking about your browser zoom. Have your farms open and then click on the options (either lines or dots depending on the browser) in the upper right of the browser screen. In that menu find the line for Zoom and make sure it is set to 100%.
Yes there are posts in the forums all the way back to 2009 as that was when Farm Town started on Facebook. However, this thread you are currently posting in was only started yesterday.
The HTML version you see now is a restricted version until the developers can add into it all the functions you currently see in the Flash version. The developers are working to get everything back to working in this version as it is in the Flash version.
Please have a litlle patience while they work to get Farm Town back to the standard we have enjoyed for almost 12 years.
Old Jan 02 2021, 12:39 AM

Default this is my screen shot

of one of my farms the farm is zoomed right out, so no issues for me..for those who have small icons I would say it is something to do with your graphics card?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg html5 farmtown.JPG (87.4 KB, 16 views)

Tags
black screen, web gl