Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Nov 09 2014, 12:06 PM

Question Quest Manager discrepancy

In FACILITY MANAGER, Construction Materials' cement block takes only 2 hours to complete; but in QUEST MANAGER, the same product says it takes 8 hours to complete. I assume the Quest Manager has the correct time of completion, because that is how long I have to wait, now, before this quest step is completed. When was this changed? and why doesn't it show the same time in both Managers? (I took screen shots of this but can't show them because the photo icon asks for a html URL, which I don't have because it's on my computer.)
Old Nov 09 2014, 12:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie E View Post
In FACILITY MANAGER, Construction Materials' cement block takes only 2 hours to complete; but in QUEST MANAGER, the same product says it takes 8 hours to complete. I assume the Quest Manager has the correct time of completion, because that is how long I have to wait, now, before this quest step is completed. When was this changed? and why doesn't it show the same time in both Managers? (I took screen shots of this but can't show them because the photo icon asks for a html URL, which I don't have because it's on my computer.)
Hi Jackie,
You would have to upload the screen shots to your Facebook photos to be able to attach them here, because we wouldn't have access to your computer.
Check your quest and see how many cement blocks it requires. The Construction facility only makes 3 every 2 hours. And I am guessing your quest calls for 12 blocks which would require 4 batches and take 8 hours to complete.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Nov 10 2014, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighwj1960 View Post
I am quite willing to help my neighbors with their quests but every one I click on I get the message that I can't help because my quest doesn't require the same thing that their quest does. If this keeps up I am giving up on these co-operative quests as too much work for not enough benefit.
I agree, I want to help my neighbors. The help notes for one product out of two and you have already scanned your neighbors who are doing the Co-Ops and find that they don't have the same ones up as you do, that gets discouraging as you want to get the quests done as fast as you can. But only one help note for two products that your neighbors' quests are not even on the same page as you, you have to seek out groups to help you get those two products or at least one of them and have someone sell another to you or hope that someone has what you need.

Beth

~*~ #1 - Spencer Creek ~*~
Old Nov 10 2014, 08:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethFB View Post
I agree, I want to help my neighbors. The help notes for one product out of two and you have already scanned your neighbors who are doing the Co-Ops and find that they don't have the same ones up as you do, that gets discouraging as you want to get the quests done as fast as you can. But only one help note for two products that your neighbors' quests are not even on the same page as you, you have to seek out groups to help you get those two products or at least one of them and have someone sell another to you or hope that someone has what you need.

Beth
Hi Beth,
We also have a thread here in the forums that you can look for the items you need and also post your own quests to maybe help others and yourself. Here is a link to it:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=605174
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Nov 12 2014, 08:37 AM

Funny how I don't have any quest they game never once gave me a quest. I played when it started got to level 80 quit and started back up like 2 weeks ago currently at level 97. This is just me not complaining about the game or who made it. I will never have enough farm Cash to get the items I need out of the store. Currently it takes me like 2 and a half-3 hours to harvest plow and seed 3 farms. Wished I could get a the highest conbination machine so I can Harvest, Plow and Seed all at once. I also wish one day to have enough gas to never run out, than again I will never have enough Farm Cash. No I am not asking the game to give out more farm cash.
Old Nov 12 2014, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sms1616 View Post
I was reading the comments section and came up with someone who was complaining about not enough levels etc to earn farm cash. I do agree there should be more levels. But with all the cheats around to up ur XPs to gain levels faster than when farm town started, it really doesn't make sense for slash key because I understand the company needs to make money to keep our farms alive. I feel it's fair that we are allowed to have others work on our farms using our tools and fuel. We can also go to our friends and neighbors to help with designing. I do think most of us have multiple accounts already and to allowed us to use those features is another way of slash key giving back to its loyal farmers. There are however a lot of premium tools we can purchase with our farm cash that we would like to have to save time on while working on our facilities but when we reached maximum levels, we can only rely on quests to give extra farm cash. So here are a couple of my suggestions.

1. have a premium membership option like game point and pogo so premium members can receive X amount of farm cash each month and option of purchasing premium items at a discount.

2. Continue to increase levels but only give farm cash at certain milestones such as level 750, level 1000 etc in which then people at that level will receive a free premium item or maybe 30 farm cash.

I do not do half of the quest because half of them required premium items and it makes no sense to purchase premium items for 30 - 40 farm cash to earn 1 point towards the weekly 1 or 2 farm cash incentive.

Just some of my thoughts on this topic.
You want people to be able to use cheats, so they can level faster? You want more levels? Just how many levels to do you think is enough before people will not be able to reach these levels?

What about the ones who have to do their farms on their own, like do each plot hand by hand on all their farms because they will never have enough farm cash to get the items they need out of the store so they don't have to take 2 hours or longer doing their farms?

Why do people assume more levels means better game?

The other thing is not everyone is going to have billions of coins, so why punish people by making items in the game store cost like 10 billion to buy another farm, 5 billion to expand your farm to 40 by 40 but before you expand to 40 by 40 you have to expand in order so you end up spending more than 5 billion.

As long as I will ever play this game I will never see a billion at one time. So I get punished and not be able to buy items in the store because a few people have over billions of dollars. That is not right at all.

If you want a fair game you should not punish some people while rewarding others. The people who get over a billion I will bet more than half cheat to get that much.

Okay just went to the realtor Office and for me to expand to 26 by 26 I would need 10,000,000,000 10 billion dollars, does that include upgrade to all your farms you own or just 1.

For me the game takes to long since I will never have enough coins or farm cash, so why should I keep playing, what is Farm Town going to do for people who will never have enough coins or farm cash to get what they need out of the stores, so they don't have to sit playing this game for 2 or more straight hours?

I know they are in business to make money, but why punish some and not others?

Another example, why is it when you want like a 12 by 12 seeder you just can't buy it if you have the farm cash? No, you need to buy the first one then the second one and work your way up to the best oneThat goes for anything in the game.

Maybe if the game take a long hard look at some of these accounts that have billions of coins and billions of experience and say hey you how did you get all that so fast?

I played a game for 13 years which I still play, they have a sure fire way to catch cheaters, if you ever want to know Farm Town let me know, tired of all the cheaters getting the benefits in the game.
Old Nov 12 2014, 10:34 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughpuppies View Post
You want people to be able to use cheats, so they can level faster? You want more levels? Just how many levels to do you think is enough before people will not be able to reach these levels?

What about the ones who have to do their farms on their own, like do each plot hand by hand on all their farms because they will never have enough farm cash to get the items they need out of the store so they don't have to take 2 hours or longer doing their farms?

Why do people assume more levels means better game?

The other thing is not everyone is going to have billions of coins, so why punish people by making items in the game store cost like 10 billion to buy another farm, 5 billion to expand your farm to 40 by 40 but before you expand to 40 by 40 you have to expand in order so you end up spending more than 5 billion.

As long as I will ever play this game I will never see a billion at one time. So I get punished and not be able to buy items in the store because a few people have over billions of dollars. That is not right at all.

If you want a fair game you should not punish some people while rewarding others. The people who get over a billion I will bet more than half cheat to get that much.

Okay just went to the realtor Office and for me to expand to 26 by 26 I would need 10,000,000,000 10 billion dollars, does that include upgrade to all your farms you own or just 1.

For me the game takes to long since I will never have enough coins or farm cash, so why should I keep playing, what is Farm Town going to do for people who will never have enough coins or farm cash to get what they need out of the stores, so they don't have to sit playing this game for 2 or more straight hours?

I know they are in business to make money, but why punish some and not others?

Another example, why is it when you want like a 12 by 12 seeder you just can't buy it if you have the farm cash? No, you need to buy the first one then the second one and work your way up to the best oneThat goes for anything in the game.

Maybe if the game take a long hard look at some of these accounts that have billions of coins and billions of experience and say hey you how did you get all that so fast?

I played a game for 13 years which I still play, they have a sure fire way to catch cheaters, if you ever want to know Farm Town let me know, tired of all the cheaters getting the benefits in the game.
Hi Hushpuppies,
Just to let you know, I have been playing since April 2010, am level 575 top level, with 295 million experience and make over close to 2 billion coins every 2 days. This is with one of each facility and a few extras of the basic ones to keep up with the others. I have never cheated to get higher in level unless you count planting raspberries every 2 hours to get my experience up. I do not layer or overlap crops. I have never used a bot to do my work. So not everyone who has billions of coins and high amounts of experience are cheats.
Old Nov 12 2014, 10:40 AM

Default Microsoft 7

The speed at painting the screens has greatly improved in the last update I got from Microsoft. For Microsoft 7

The transmission speed is still fast as I am using Charter Cable at 60 or so whatever that is, no change there.

This in now a nice play for me as speed has been a problem for me in the past.

Just to let you know
Old Nov 12 2014, 01:27 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Hear hear Taz. I could not agree with you more. I started playing Sept 1 2000. I own the facilities with a few extras too. Since the addition of the trains a few of those facilities went to storage. I do not layer either and only farm on 13 farms. The rest are for fun and designing. I have gain all the experience points given since level 60 something. The game is a balance and I continue to evaluate to keep it that way. Thanks again for all you and the other mods do.
Old Nov 12 2014, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughpuppies View Post
Funny how I don't have any quest they game never once gave me a quest. I played when it started got to level 80 quit and started back up like 2 weeks ago currently at level 97. This is just me not complaining about the game or who made it. I will never have enough farm Cash to get the items I need out of the store. Currently it takes me like 2 and a half-3 hours to harvest plow and seed 3 farms. Wished I could get a the highest conbination machine so I can Harvest, Plow and Seed all at once. I also wish one day to have enough gas to never run out, than again I will never have enough Farm Cash. No I am not asking the game to give out more farm cash.
If it is taking 2-3 hours to harvest, plow and seed 3 farms, you either have a very old computer with little RAM, a VERY slow internet connection or, you aren't spending most of that 2-3 hours actually doing those things. I can harvest, plow and seed 20 farms in about an hour. You won't have to harvest and plow yourself if you hire others from the marketplace.

If you are at level 97 then you have earned at least 97 farm cash. What do you do with it? I have plotted and planned what to do with my farm cash since I first began playing. I bought my oil wells beginning at about level 10 and kept adding. By the time I reached level 30 I bought my oil refinery and had a nice stockpile of oil to start producing fuel. By the time I was able to purchase my first fuel using "coin" tool, I had plenty of fuel. Since some tools are solar powered, they don't use fuel. It's all about what you want out of the game how to plan for the things you want. No different than real life really. I don't have ANY coin tools for harvesting. I do own the green fishing boat, a manure spreader and am working on my sprinklers. THOSE items, are the most valuable to me as they will increase my produce AND my coins. I also hire myself out to earn XP, coins and produce. What do you REALLY want out of the game? Figure it out and go for it.
Closed Thread

Tags
neighbors, storage capacity