Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Nov 18 2015, 12:04 PM

Oooh, that's much better than my work around. Thanks!
Old Nov 18 2015, 03:36 PM

thank for updates
Old Nov 18 2015, 04:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckpeer@gmail.com View Post
Taz, Rose is describing exactly what is happening. When you choose "only me" or "custom" that choice does NOT register and it defaults to "friends" or "public" It seems to default to the choice that was present before you chose "only me" or "custom"
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseArienh View Post
I think I have found a work-around for this, but it's somewhat of a pain in the neck. If you post a status and choose Only Me, it works. If you then go into a game and post from there, the Only Me remains.

Several friends are now laughing at my "this is just a test" status updates. But that's okay. Anything for the team.
To update you on this, the problem with the saving is a Facebook change broke that and there is nothing that Farm Town can do to fix it. It will require Facebook to fix the code for that.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Nov 18 2015, 08:37 PM

Planting is really bad tonight. The pending lines are showing the light green under them. It stops planting them. I keep getting the connection to server timed out. "Please check the green check." I have to keep reloading the farms. I'm on WF-5. The save changes button doesn't work. It just hangs there saving changes.

Anyone else having the problem??
Old Nov 18 2015, 08:52 PM

I cannot post my facilities at all, whether I check or uncheck the box to post to the request wall. The window just flashes very quickly and goes away. I cannot post ingredients, either.
Old Nov 18 2015, 09:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugs22 View Post
I cannot post my facilities at all, whether I check or uncheck the box to post to the request wall. The window just flashes very quickly and goes away. I cannot post ingredients, either.
Hi bugs,
Checking or unchecking the box only determines whether they will go on the show wall requests.
Facebook keeps making changes and it is effecting some when trying to post.
There are a few things you can try though they haven't been real successful lately with the Facebook changing things so often.

Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close it and your farm, then clear your browser cache and close your browser. Reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

Check to make sure you have allowed 3rd party cookies and pop ups in your browser settings. Those are needed for the in game pop up screens to show.

If you do not want to open up your browser to all 3rd party cookies or all pop ups you can add the following web sites to the exceptions for those settings:
Slashkey.com
L1.slashkey.com
Facebook.com
Apps.facebook.com
Trialpay.com

Also , if you have an ad-blocker plugin in your browser make sure the above web sites are also allowed in that too.

Be sure you close and restart your browser for those changes to take effect.

Please note to add the sites in exceptions:
In Chrome you have to go to Advanced settings at the bottom of the options page.
In Firefox add the sites under the Content tab for pop ups and under the Privacy tab for cookies. For the cookies to work you must set the History setting to "Use custom settings for history"

And last is try a different browser to see if it will work through that.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Nov 18 2015, 09:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean's Farm View Post
Planting is really bad tonight. The pending lines are showing the light green under them. It stops planting them. I keep getting the connection to server timed out. "Please check the green check." I have to keep reloading the farms. I'm on WF-5. The save changes button doesn't work. It just hangs there saving changes.

Anyone else having the problem??
Hi Jean,
Mine is working fine. Please try all the suggestions in the following thread link, specially the router restart:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=602774
Old Nov 19 2015, 05:24 AM

I didn't do a thing today and they posted!
Old Nov 19 2015, 09:59 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Hi bugs,
That seems to be the way it is going lately. Either Facebook has fixed something or it is just intermitent that it doesn't work and then works later.
Old Nov 19 2015, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Ya. My guess would be Facebook is being naughty again. This morning I had to use Maxthon instead of Opera because the Send Gifts tab was not bring up names in the latter. Then an hour later the names appeared again in Opera too! I'm just thinking of it as another challenge to my brain injury for it to overcome. (Please try to resist having that song going through your head for the rest of the day! )

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.
Closed Thread