Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 23 2016, 09:52 PM

I too feel like I am bugging my neighbors , so far the ones I have contacted have been nice , but I think I would either like to choose who I send it to as I know some neighbors are more helpful then others, and this time of year lots of people are busy away from the pc enjoying the holiday. I have faith they will get the bugs worked out and we will have a fun time with the ships once we all figure things out, Merry chistmas to the devs and mods who give so much of their time with this game.
Old Dec 23 2016, 10:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnetimpeiro@msn.com View Post
I really hope Raul can figure some other way on the neighborhood business (perhaps those in neighborhood who own cargo ships). This has gotten very tacky -- and, I've heard some have gotten kind of nasty about this thing. The posts are going out that if you don't want to play, to tell the neighbors so they can move you to "friend," and a few of them have even gone so far as to tell people if they don't want to participate, the person will unfriend them as opposed to only switching them to friends. No one is thinking at this point -- this is like a full week or more of Christmas and New Years - people aren't going to sit by computer to move ships through. UGH!! I want to do the ships but I have some neighbors who aren't into any of the extras (quests, rrs, ships). I know they are going to be terribly hurt and upset if people start with this unfriending or moving them around. Just hope Raul can figure some way to do this so this unnecessary squabbling will end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lornagayle View Post
I too feel like I am bugging my neighbors , so far the ones I have contacted have been nice , but I think I would either like to choose who I send it to as I know some neighbors are more helpful then others, and this time of year lots of people are busy away from the pc enjoying the holiday. I have faith they will get the bugs worked out and we will have a fun time with the ships once we all figure things out, Merry chistmas to the devs and mods who give so much of their time with this game.
Hi Lynne and Lorna,
We ALL need to remember too that this has just been released last night. Not everyone is even aware that it has happened. So I urge everyone to please be patient with your neighbors and not to expect too much during the first couple weeks of this until most find out about it and while the developers work to tweak this.
Just like any major addition to the game it will take some time for the kinks to be worked out and for everyone to get up to speed on it.
I suggest that when you do contact a neighbor about this, that you please tell them exactly what they need to do, that it won't cost them anything as the goods come from the mayor, and direct them here to see what it is all about.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 23 2016, 10:04 PM

we need a light to flash or a light to come on to tell us we have a neighbors ship in our port .i stay so busy on here i will never remember to go look and see if i have a neighbors ship to work .please consider this thanks for a great game
Old Dec 23 2016, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOM GLENDA View Post
we need a light to flash or a light to come on to tell us we have a neighbors ship in our port .i stay so busy on here i will never remember to go look and see if i have a neighbors ship to work .please consider this thanks for a great game
Yes - something on our main screen to tell us if neighbors' ships are in our port and also to tell us what ports our own ship(s) are in would be great!

Also, like others have expressed, I fully believe this will be tweaked to where it's a super good thing. My comments are meant to be helpful - to provide feedback - not to complain.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Dec 23 2016, 10:54 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

People are complaining that ships have been sitting in some neighbor's port for 5 or 6 hours. I will be happy to load and move on neighbors' ships when they come to my port, but for heavens sake, I don't log onto FT once an hour. Normally I log on two, maybe three times a day at most. So as far as I'm concerned, the expectation for a ship to be loaded and advanced every 5 or 6 hours is completely unreasonable. Personally, I don't care that much about the ships, because I don't particularly need the extra products they bring, but I bought one and dispatched it anyway just so I would understand how they work. But people's reactions to the whole ship thing seems to be bordering on hysteria, if people are threatening to un-neighbor, unfriend people who don't advance their ships. It's like somehow the ships have become the most important thing in the game, instead of just another aspect. I do not think this is a good development.
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 23 2016, 10:59 PM
Account Not Linked

Players who don't know where the Seaport Manager is are never going to look at it. You've got to make it something everyone sees when they first log in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeniorCornwall View Post
Oh.... and for those that are interested, you can add the ship onto your main tool bar to avoid having to go into the meeting menus to get it
I just looked into that. I'm using all the available spaces in my main tool bar. To add the Seaport Manager, I would need an additional space.

Last edited by Dulcinea; Dec 23 2016 at 11:18 PM.
Old Dec 23 2016, 11:15 PM

I also do not need the products they carry, my farm is large and produces all I need, plus I do have 10 trains which I send out when I think of them. I for one am not going to bug a neighbor to move my ship on, I would not want bugged to do so. I will move a ship on to the next port when one comes in, I do not need to be told to. Also I work a full time job, today I work from 1:30pm to 11:00pm. I log off ft about 12:45am this morning to get ready to go to work and got home about 11:45pm. So if a ship go to my port at 2 this afternoon guess what it is going to sit for close to 10 hours before i can move it on. I have seen where people are saying a ship has been sitting at a port for 6, 7, 8 hours and they are upset, well that person might be working. Like someone else said someone might be busy doing christmas stuff. I think a feature should be added that if a ship has not moved in 24 hours we should be able to send it on.

Farming since April 26 2009
Old Dec 23 2016, 11:24 PM

I've bought all the ships, and dispatched one so far. (accidentally bought 2 purple ones - put the second one in storage hoping that in a few months we can get another set, like we did with trains). I don't really think you need to ask your neighbors to load your ship unless you know they won't mind helping. Whatever it gets in 7 days you get. It would be nice to have a notice that there is a neighbor's ship in your port. However, all day I've had a "1" on the tool box and the ship tool (forgot what it's called) that's in the tool box. Once I go check it out, there's nothing there, except once today. Since I loaded the ship in my port, the "1" hasn't reappeared. It's nice that we can move the ships around. I'm waiting for the next farm to "build" a port for all ships (maybe we could have a port farm that's just water). If we get to have another set of ships, we could expand our port. Just a thought. I was surprised that a ship would actually go on the farm. Anyway, we all know that this has to be tweaked, and it will be. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Be safe. See you on the farm.
Old Dec 24 2016, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighwj1960 View Post
Maybe the ships should only dock at farms whose owner has actually chosen to buy the ships.
Yes I was thinking this too - I also have neighbours that arent interested in the extras - quests, etc. We do need something to enable us to skip a neighbours port or select the ones the ship goes to. Mine is currently stuck at a neighbours port who I know is away for two weeks with no computer.

Having said that - as I said before I see any goods my ships collect as a bonus - I am lucky enough to make all I need with my current facilities and the trains. I think it is a fun addition and I am confident the Devs will come up with tweaks and improvements - its early days yet and as Taz said a lot of people wont have even noticed the ships are there!

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Dec 24 2016, 01:04 AM
Account Not Linked

OK I sent off a ship,and it is stuck. I even messaged the neighbor it was sent to. She didn't even know what I was talking about. I didn't even bother to explain. I don't want to be in a position of bothering neighbors.It seems some or one isn't even doing the ships
Closed Thread